The 2008 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Panthers and Bucs both chillin at 9-3. I did not see that comin.

And now I have the privilege of watching Adrian Peterson run all over us for 3 hours. Yay.

capt.b498c3ff4def4bb5a70fd4e3fb5c94c5.aptopix_giants_redskins_football_fdx205.jpg

you'd think i'd be upset that the so-called #1 reciever shot himself in the leg, tried to get treatment under a fake name and said he got shot while eating good in the neighborhood... but i could care less. i crack up every time i hear the story.

Actually, I'm more upset that Antonio Pierce was involved. The Giants can't afford to lose another top defensive player.

And, Headache, it's I "couldn't" care less. How many times do we gotta tell ya?:wink:

And yes, of course, I'm fucking with you, just to make that clear. :wave:

i have no beef with pierce... what would you do if your friend put you in the situation? and besides pierce has yet to be charged with anything.

and we've heard "the giants can't afford to lose [insert player's name here]" many times before... but they just keep on rolling. there's so many similarities to the pats of earlier this decade with this giants team. which of course means that after a few more super bowls, they'll choke in the afc championship game, use all their cap space to sign every available star in the league, go undefeated through the regular season, set every record imaginable and lose in the super bowl to a team lead by matt ryan's younger, semi-retarded brother.

I have no beef with Pierce either, but none of my friends carries a handgun so I couldn't put myself in his position. Allegedly, he tried to hide Plax's gun, so there's a possibility he could be charged with something. For the team's sake at least, I hope Pierce isn't affected by this incident.

And yes, the Giants have been fortunate to have the players who can step it up when a regular starter isn't available. In that regard, it is reminiscent of those Patriot Championship teams. Which is fuckin awesome, because so far, they're having a great season. :hyper:

mobdoctor.jpg

Every pro athlete should have the phone number of a good mob doctor.

they'll choke in the afc championship game, use all their cap space to sign every available star in the league, go undefeated through the regular season, set every record imaginable and lose in the super bowl to a team lead by matt ryan's younger, semi-retarded brother.

Hey!!! They didn't sign Randy Moss, they traded for him :wink:

The Patriot comparison is fair though, and don't forget the obvious parallel between beating the "Greatest show on turf" Rams and the 16-0 Pats in the Super Bowl.

But Troy Brown never shot himself in the leg Cheddar Bob-style though...

I think the Giants have no chance on winning a superbowl without plaxico buress. He's so valuable to what they do on offence. I think Eli is going to have a tough time without him, down the stretch of the regular season and playoffs.

He's a pretty underrated downfield blocker, a lot of the big runs they get come from Plax making blocks...he stands out among the me-me-me prima donna receivers in the league in that regard.

I think the Giants have no chance on winning a superbowl without plaxico buress. He's so valuable to what they do on offence. I think Eli is going to have a tough time without him, down the stretch of the regular season and playoffs.

They seem to be doing just fine without him.

The key to the Giants offense isn't Burress - it's their running game. Stop that, and then perhaps you have a chance. But more often than not, they have been running all over everyone.

And we haven't even discussed how great the defense is.

But I'm sure Headache will be more than happy to engage you with specifics...

Of course they have a chance! If Plax were so valuable, the Giants wouldn't be able to continue to win in his absence. :wave:

afford to lose [insert player's name here]" many times before... but they just keep on rolling. there's so many similarities to the pats of earlier this decade with this giants team. which of course means that after a few more super bowls, they'll choke in the afc championship game, use all their cap space to sign every available star in the league, go undefeated through the regular season, set every record imaginable and lose in the super bowl to a team lead by matt ryan's younger, semi-retarded brother.

Giants play inthe NFC. :wink:

Just a random thought, and it looks like it's gonna be tough for anyone to get past the Giants in the NFC, but how friggin cool would it be if the Bucs made it to the Super Bowl and got to play the game on their home field? It's not completely out of the question, and it would be insane. If the Bears miss out on the playoffs I'm definitely rootin for Tampa to go to the big game.

If the Bucs made it to the Super Bowl, that would definitely be insane.

I remember when the Niners played the Dolphins for Super Bowl XIX at Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto, California which I think is 45 minutes or so from Candlestick Park. That was pretty much a Niners home game.

plaxico burress is 4th on the team in receptions... he hasn't played, or has been suspended for half and barely played... in 4 of the giants games. the scores of those games have been...

giants 44, seattle 6
giants 36, philadelphia 31
giants 37, arizona 29
giants 23, washington 7

so your analysis that the giants won't be able to score now without plaxico, and that eli will struggle now without plaxico, is, how do i put this, a load of bullshit. he hasn't been a major contributer since week 1. know your facts.

here is where they will miss plaxico burress... long goal to go situations... where they used to be able to just throw the fade to plax 3 times. that's about it.

and your "we'll see what happens at dallas" thing is fine... we will see. but i do know this... if the giants and dallas meet come playoff time? it'll be in the meadowlands, not dallas.

if the giants don't get to the super bowl it will not be because they lost plaxico burress... it'll be because they just lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom