Te Urewera National Park Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Posts: 360
User Posts
the tourist 160
coolian2 94
unico 33
bono_man2002 21
Axver 16
lynnok 10
elevated_u2_fan 8
Alisaura 7
Varitek 5
gabrielvox 3
Sicy 3

And yet Axver will kill us all in posts by the end of the night.

bono_man2002 said:
Do you have to provide a doctors certificate?

We didnt have to until recently, now its either that or "statutory declaration" ....And I don't know what that is, is it something you just sign to say you were sick.

We get sick leave too....but I haven't had a sickie since November :rockon:
In the middle of the week we haven't had to get a doctor's certificate... Mondays and Fridays may be a different matter. And I am a pretty conscientious worker so I think they're inclined to give me the benefit of the doubt. And if they decide they need one and I don't have it and I don't get paid, I honestly don't care. :shrug:

A statutory declaration (or stat dec if you're lazy) is basically a binding legal document to say that something happened or whatever. Basically if you sign a stat dec saying "I was sick on Monday", and someone can prove later that you weren't, you get into shitloads of trouble. Or something like that.
*used to work in a solicitor's office*

I haven't been actually unwell for months... damn my robust immune system. I did take a sick day some time last year because I'm pretty sure I was mentally unstable due to sleep deprivation, since I pretty much burst into tears while trying to decide if I could go into work or not. That kinda made the decision for me :lol:

Axver said:
We've already been to:

- Australia
- Djibouti

And now we're going to Te Urewera National Park in a rugged part of the North Island of New Zealand. In the Maori language, Te Urewera means "the burnt penis".

waikaremoana-223.jpg

Hey Axver, my ratio to yours is now almost 1/6th!

Alisaura said:

I did take a sick day some time last year because I'm pretty sure I was mentally unstable due to sleep deprivation, since I pretty much burst into tears while trying to decide if I could go into work or not. That kinda made the decision for me :lol:
\

Blame blue crack.

Alisaura said:
A statutory declaration (or stat dec if you're lazy) is basically a binding legal document to say that something happened or whatever. Basically if you sign a stat dec saying "I was sick on Monday", and someone can prove later that you weren't, you get into shitloads of trouble. Or something like that.
*used to work in a solicitor's office*

Ah ok. I guess its not really easier to do one or the other. Cause sometimes its impractical to get to the doctors if you really are crook.

the tourist said:
Total Posts: 360
User Posts
the tourist 160
coolian2 94
unico 33
bono_man2002 21
Axver 16
lynnok 10
elevated_u2_fan 8
Alisaura 7
Varitek 5
gabrielvox 3
Sicy 3

And yet Axver will kill us all in posts by the end of the night.
... How do you DO that? Are you seriously reading back and counting everyone's posts?!

Alisaura said:

... How do you DO that? Are you seriously reading back and counting everyone's posts?!
...yes. I have a tally-sheet here in front of me and everything. :cute:

Actually, I lied, Ali. On the forum page, click on the "total posts" button for this particular thread and it will show that breakout.

All right, all. I'm heading out. Possibly for the rest of the night. Have fun, and don't let Axver pass me in posts! :wink:

bono_man2002 said:

That'll be impossible

have a good night :wave:
Impossible for him to catch up? Or impossible to stop him? I'm thinking the latter, but I'm hoping for the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom