Target

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Ok, I was at Target tonight to get the Valentine's stuff at half price, and the St. Patrick's Day stuff was out. They have little Irish flag lights!

Somehow, I thought Pleba girls would like those.
wink.gif

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

LMAO... we just got done with V-Day & already???

But that's okay. Because I love St. Patty's Day and Tar-jay (as some people call it which always has me LMAO)
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Hehe...it's called Tar-jay because it's a classy place...as evidenced by the Irish flag lights
biggrin.gif

Tar-jay is my favorite store!
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75:
LMAO...I call it Tar-jay and it cracks me up that a lot of people say it that way. I wonder how Target got twisted to Tar-jay?
wink.gif

it's supposed to be like the french pronunciation of the "-get" at the end of the word. Like "cabaret." We don't say "cab-a-reT." DO WE???

I have a great big Irish flag, I found it on the GA floor after a concert. Someone had brought it to give to Bono and he didn't take it so they just got mad and threw it down. It was all trampled and covered with muddy footprints and spilled drinks. It was so sad, I imagined Bono cradling his flag in his arms and I know he wouldn't like that. I took it home, washed it in hot water and took it to my next concert. Well Bono didn't take it so I took it back home and hung it on my bedroom wall. It's so big it comes almost to the floor.

I found a collection of Irish music CD in Wal-Mart and was disappointed that it contained no U2! They have never done traditional Irish music, maybe that is something they will experiment with in the future! It made me mad that the IRish tourism commericial used the Cranberries' song instead of one of U2's but it must be because they sound more Irish, they do. U2 has never sounded Irish even though they are.

yay for Irishness! I love St. Patricks Day. 3 out of 4 of my grandparents were off the boat from Ireland. I'm 87% Irish and I LOOOVE it! This is my #1 favorite holiday.

------------------
*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.*

flibbertigibbet

The Edge, it's a direct object.

"I'm forgetful. But above all, I'm lazy."

We call it Tar-jay here too! hehe. Anyway, as I was telling my parents when we went there the other day, I told them anyplace where I can fufull my spongebob obession and my U2 obession has GOT to be a good place. (LOL, and as I was there, they had a flyer for this weeks sales, and U2 was on the cover, I laughed at that, then as I had my Spongebob spoon, yes, I am now a proud owner of a spongebob spoon, I stopped and giggled and pointed at the U2 cds, and at the Elevation DVD)

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by Lilly:
yay for Irishness! I love St. Patricks Day. 3 out of 4 of my grandparents were off the boat from Ireland. I'm 87% Irish and I LOOOVE it! This is my #1 favorite holiday.

I love St. Patricks Day too....all the Irishness around, and it's my birthday as well !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Although this year I'll be turning 29.....yikes !!!

Yay for Irishness indeed! I have it on both sides of my family, and I love having an Irish last name (O'Hearn
biggrin.gif
).

Speaing of Target- a guy that works there is going to give me the U27 display! Wooo yah!

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 02-16-2002).]

Originally posted by mocool12:

Speaing of Target- a guy that works there is going to give me the U27 display! Wooo yah!

My Target doesn't have a display, but it has a shelf facing the aisle that is full of U2 cds with U2 7 on top. Which is cool, but you can't take it home.
icon1.gif

And as for being Irish, my whole family has been going over the family tree, finding Irish relatives, trying to please me. lol They don't understand that I don't care.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

LMAO...I call it Tar-jay and it cracks me up that a lot of people say it that way. I wonder how Target got twisted to Tar-jay?
wink.gif

I think this must be universal.. lol.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 02-20-2002).]

wink.gif

probably because it sounds more posh. like... grey poupon (pronounced the french way)

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by madamc:

probably because it sounds more posh. like... grey poupon (pronounced the french way)

LMAO.... *thinks of Wayne's World*

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

Originally posted by On The Edge:
My Target doesn't have a display, but it has a shelf facing the aisle that is full of U2 cds with U2 7 on top. Which is cool, but you can't take it home.
icon1.gif

Same here...I couldn't even find the display at first...I had to ask the girl working there.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
LMAO... we just got done with V-Day & already???

But that's okay. Because I love St. Patty's Day and Tar-jay (as some people call it which always has me LMAO)
biggrin.gif

I thought everybody called it Tar-jay. But we add "Boutique" at the end to class it up a bit.

In example:
Friend: Where'd you get that shirt?
Me: Tar-jay Boutique.

Tar-jay Boutique.

------------------
90% lazy. 10% something else.

Judoooooooo Chop!

Originally posted by Crzy4Bono:
Going to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day!
biggrin.gif

*gasp* You're so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs* I hope you have a blast girlie and if you can...can you buy me something, Like a pin and i'll pay you back I swear
biggrin.gif
lmao only if you can...Ohhh and I'd so love you if you can get me this rare item called a...Larry mullen jr...lmao j/k *hugs*

------------------
THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Member and Creator of Larry's Angels Harley Club.

"I hit things for a living. I hit things and people clap!" --Larry

ani_larry.gif

Larry: Get me off this fookin booooooooos!

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-17-2002).]

ok... i'm confused about this whole "tar-jay boutique" thing....maybe it's because i'm canadian.

i've seen what's sold at target.com... very affordable, and cheap stuff...

why do people insist on making it sound like a "nice, posh" boutique?

------------------

ok... i'm confused about this whole "tar-jay boutique" thing....maybe it's because i'm canadian.

It's a joke.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

thanks.

------------------

Originally posted by browneyedgirl:
I love St. Patricks Day too....all the Irishness around, and it's my birthday as well !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey browneyed girl, St Patty's Day is my B-day too
smile.gif
That doesn't have to do with anything but I thought I'd mention it. I love having my birthday on that day. And I'll be turning 21 so I am going to go out someplace amsuing and Irish in Boston. We are blessed with the luck o' the irish
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2morrow:
Hey browneyed girl, St Patty's Day is my B-day too
smile.gif
That doesn't have to do with anything but I thought I'd mention it. I love having my birthday on that day. And I'll be turning 21 so I am going to go out someplace amsuing and Irish in Boston. We are blessed with the luck o' the irish
wink.gif

Someplace Irish and amusing in Boston.......me thinks you'll have ALOT of places to choose from !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Other than Dublin (I'm soooo jealous btw Crzy4bono), I've always wanted to be in Boston for my birthday !!!

probably someone has answered this...i haven't finished reading the thread.

it's a JOKE. it's not POSH!! c'mon madamc....you're all about IRONY!! How did this one whoosh by over your head???

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by elizabeth (edited 02-17-2002).]

we don't have targets in canada. that's why i asked!

------------------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom