Sydney Setlist Party Night 1 13 December 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I feel so out of sorts when the shows are going on Down Under. I had no idea there was a show tonight. Er ... tomorrow .... er ..... whenever the hell it is down there.

:lol:

:wave:

bring it

:hyper:

:loveshower:

Sydney has turned on a perfect summers day for this one ~ can't wait to see how it all unfolds

ciao for now

:wave:
Haha someone sounds a wee bit EXCITED!! And why not? I'm excited and I'm not there!!! (But flying up for tomorrow's show and already VERY excited about that - so much so that I'm on here & youtube instead of writing my essay, lol). Enjoy tonight you lucky things and keep us posted

Apparently All I want is you and Love Rescue Me soundchcked.

Yeah we'll see...

u2gigs Tweets, forum posts, texts from mates all indicate crowd control at ANZ Stadium is shit. Good luck when doors open, folks. #u2360sydney
16 minutes ago via U2gigs (Ax)

u2gigs Edge also soundchecked Streets, and the crew did COBL, Vertigo, MOS. #u2360sydney
17 minutes ago via U2gigs (Ax)

@atu2 @u2gigs U2 soundcheck Sydney. Mysterious ways, All I want is you (few times) and Love Rescue Me.

atu2 Seems lots of free tickets being distributed at these shows. ?
1 minute ago via TweetDeck

atu2 RT @smallstakes: Free tickets to U2 tomorrow night. Oh ok, if you insist.
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

atu2 RT @russmurphy: Complimentary tickets to U2 at Olympic park tonight...complements don't get much bettter than that!!!
2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

atu2 RT @simmolowerson: Anthony wiggle just told me Oprah is coming to U2 tonight... #insiderknowledge
5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Sal_71 Worst bloody entry ever! Take some damn lessons Sydney! #U2360Downunder U2360Sydney

Man, I feel so out of sorts when the shows are going on Down Under. I had no idea there was a show tonight. Er ... tomorrow .... er ..... whenever the hell it is down there.

:lol:
don't worry i didn't know either :lol:

Stingray
BD
NYD
Boots
Magnificent
MWays
Elevation
UTEOTW
ISHFWILF
Angel of Harlem/AIWIY???
Pride
IALW
Sarajevo
COBL
Vertigo
Crazy
SBS
Scarlet
Walk On
One
Streets
HMTM
WOWY
MOS

but it's not too hard to guess... really, there's only four slots (#3, 10, 11 and 22) that are changing.

I'm too tired to stay for the setlist. I guess I'll just have to wait until morning to find out if they opened with Love Rescue Me. :waiting:

was LRM full band or the techs? surely, surely, they won't play that. :lol:

just sent a text to Danny asking him to film Encore/Everything in its Right Place from Jay-Z's set.

if anyone going to either of these two shows, or PErth, would do that, i'd be sooooooooooo happy :D

imagefromurl

gy3zpej:iphone

gyfg2dj:iphone

gy9pxdj:iphone

that's a helluva lot room on the floor... brisbane's GA only went back as far as the sound/merch booth, and Etihad didn't have much more room either...

Jay-Z currently onstage in Sydney since about half an hour back.
207462720.jpg

I don't think I can stay and do the setlist tonight though, I need to leave in about two hours and U2 hasn't even started yet.

that's a helluva lot room on the floor... brisbane's GA only went back as far as the sound/merch booth, and Etihad didn't have much more room either...

Remember, Sydney crowd of 95K = almost Melbourne (60K) + Brisbane (40K).

Just checked my facebook for the first time this morning, probably 8 out of every 10 updates from the last few hours are from people going to/at this. (sucks)

AIWIY and LRM? Wow, thats a crazy soundcheck. If they soundchecked AIWIY multiple times, then we're likely to hear it sometime on this tour.

I just had to look up Love Rescue Me on u2gigs. It hasn't been played since January of 1990!! It's been a while!

twitter reports that Jay-Z is done,

expect U2 in 40-50 minutes

And are a lot of them people with seats who will sit down most if not all of the show?

Probably a mix, really. A few mad for U2. Some people a bit less so, but who will no doubt be GA and right into it. Some people who I am surprised to see going to a U2 show (waaaay off their radar since ATYCLB onwards) and I assume are roped in by the rarity of a U2 visit + 360 concept. Some people who are absolutely casual punters, who will be hearing most of the non-big-single newer songs for the first time tonight. But a lot of them generally enthusiastic people, so I guess it depends.

AIWIY and LRM? Wow, thats a crazy soundcheck. If they soundchecked AIWIY multiple times, then we're likely to hear it sometime on this tour.

I just had to look up Love Rescue Me on u2gigs. It hasn't been played since January of 1990!! It's been a while!

Exactly. AIWIY's had its 2-4 soundcheck runs by now in all likelihood, so going on recent history, its ready to go so to speak. I'd say it has pretty good chances tonight.

Love Rescue Me I'd say they are getting ready to put in the AIWIY spot tomorrow.

Though I'd prefer(and it would fit better) Hawkmoon, Full band Desire or God Part II from R&H, I've always been one of the relative few on here who think LRM is a great song.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, as long as they pull out God Part II and Hawkmoon in Perth.

Next joke.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom