Survivor - Palau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:
What an incredible display of honesty, integrity, honour or some may say stupidity but I totally respect this move. Money ain't everything in life but a heavy heart is a very difficult thing to live with.

i thought it was total bullshit that those two mind-fucked ian into thinking he'd done something wrong. all he did was play the game, just like the rest of them. the only thing he did wrong was get caught. honor indeed. where was tom's honor when he was threatening katie on the beach.

ian needs to be bitch slapped all the way home for that one. after he spent the night at the fire after being reprimanded by the both of them for, again, playing the game, he said he was going to fight, and then he just gave up.

that was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in the entire history of survivor, and i have only missed one single show in that history. the whole thing was so wrong that i can't even put it into words. everyone flips on everyone. it's always been that way. i can't believe ian let them put it into his head that he'd done something wrong.

katie is so full of shit. she tried to form a women's alliance to vote off the guys long before ian flipped the sharing of the reward challenge on her. then she makes ian cry over his decision to take tom.

so lame. i wish neither of those two had won anything :down:

gah, i can't wait for next season :hyper:

and i missed the first half of the reunion show

can anyone tell me what ian said about the whole thing, if anything?

I agree that Ian did nothing wrong. I agree he was playing the game. But Ian's perception of his actions motivated his decision. Yep, Tom was full of crap at the last tribal council yet no one called him on it. Ian was only guilty of trying to save his ass if he didn't get the immunity and one of the girls did. That is what he should have told Tom. Tom never wavered on Ian though which is what I think really made Ian think about what he told the girls. In the end, Ian's values cost him the money.But like I have said, Ian really values integrity and committment to his word which affected his decision regarding the money. Like he said at the reunion show, he couldn't respect himself if he won the money and had to go against his values to win it.

I agree, Katie does not deserve Ian's loyalty but he did what he had to in his mind and I'm sure he is at peace with himself over his decision.

Still, I do think Tom is one of the few winners ever to deserve the money. He dominated the challenges both tribal and individual, contributed during camp life, generally played good strategy and wasn't overtly evil like some of the past winners. That is why Katie only got the one vote and I'm sure Ian knew that when he told Tom to take Katie, he was giving Tom the million. Besides, Ian has a brand new Corvette and I'm sure Tom will always be there for Ian in the future.

In any case, I am quite satisfied with the ending and this whole season. But now it's over.:scream:

I have to agree with bg about Ian. It's too bad. I felt he really did care about them, all the crying and everything he did.

I am just so glad Katie didnt win. She didnt deserve shit. Tom at least played the game hard.

Survivor Guatemala :hyper:

Ian said that (paraphrasing here)" he wanted to play the game with what he came from and the values he had come into the game with, at the eleventh hour, literally, he realized he had not been doing that. He wasn't willing to sacrifice what he was going to take back to his family and friends to win a million bucks, he said he has no regrets."

On a more positive note, wasn't that story regarding Coby adopting his cousin's baby and naming her Janu heartwarming.

Survivor Guatemala, funny, I have a foster child living in Guatemala, Deicy. She lives in Playitas.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
Ian said that (paraphrasing here)" he wanted to play the game with what he came from and the values he had come into the game with, at the eleventh hour, literally, he realized he had not been doing that. He wasn't willing to sacrifice what he was going to take back to his family and friends to win a million bucks, he said he has no regrets."

On a more positive note, wasn't that story regarding Coby adopting his cousin's baby and naming her Janu heartwarming.

Survivor Guatemala, funny, I have a foster child living in Guatemala, Deicy. She lives in Playitas.

thanks for the info. i guess if it was important for ian to leave that way, then it's not for me to judge. only he knows what's in his heart and mind.

i agree, it was a lovely thing coby did :)

one of my best friends in the whole world's mother was born in guatemala. i'm guessing that he'll enjoy next season's location.

until september :wave:

Anyone who wants to email Tom a congrats can, tom@tom108.com He has a website with some pictures of himself and his family, biography and leadership program he is involved with.

My thoughts on the evening:

I'm glad Tom won :up:
What the hell was Ian thinking - I agree with BG :yes:
Soooo happy for Coby and baby Janu :cute:

My one queston...how many/who voted for Tom - I missed that part :hmm:

I'm looking forward to September :)

Guatemala :hyper:

6-1, Jeff read only 1 vote for Katie, and 4 for Tom which means Katie only got 1 vote.

trevster2k said:
6-1, Jeff read only 1 vote for Katie, and 4 for Tom which means Katie only got 1 vote.

I saw part of that but still means that there are 2 other votes that we haven't seen yet...right?

Jeff only reads out the votes until there is enough for a winner to be declared.

No, if Katie had received more than the one, he would have read it out as he read votes for Tom to create the suspense like at tribal councils. You know, when he says that's enough, no need to read the rest of the votes. It means that all of the votes not read were with the majority. So Katie only received Coby's vote and that's it.

I did admire Katie at the final tribal council by refusing to answer Janu's ridiculous question, because she knew it wouldn't make a difference.

Jen's whole "respect my game" thing was pretty lame and I loved how Tom danced around it. "Your game was that your game was hidden until almost the end, I respect that."

I think Ian bowing out to keep the friendship of the other two players was kind of nice, but like others have said he was manipulated into doing it.

Ian bowing out and the way the whole final 4 played out only affirms my statement that Ian was too wishy washy to win the game.
It would have been more interesting to see Tom vs Ian in the final just to see the jury struggle with the decision a bit...it wasn't really 6-1 if Coby is to be believed, he said if he voted for Katie it wouldn't be a vote "for her", but a vote "against Tom", so it was almost like 6-0 with an abstention.

Katie really didn't belong anywhere near the final, she just rode coattails. As deep so eloquenlty pointed out, she seemed to never lose any weight, of course when all you do for 39 days is sit around and let others bring you fish, clams, shark and coconuts, its possible to retain your body size.

Glad Tom won, clearly the most deserving of the bunch.

Anyone else have the thought when Jeff said Coby had a life changing revelation after returning home that we were gonna find out he'd turned straight and was dating Angie...no didn't think so. :wink:

Ian was lame. I agree with bg--he hadn't done anything wrong but play the game, and did not need to prove his honor by bowing out like that. Obviously he felt he did, but would have been a better game with Tom vs. Ian. In the end, the best player won, hands down.

i love this show. this is the first time i have seen it and i am hooked. i am with bg also. ian wimped out at the last minute. i was so pissed when tom won that last immunity. but then i realized that he really deserved it after all his hard work.

:applaud:

76.jpg

I bid 300 hours of Sicillian dance lessons.

(at $20 an hour that is $6000. US)

crosses fingers for Sicy

One of the weaker seasons of Survivor in my opinion (and I've seen all except for 4/Marquesas.

Ian pulling out of the final immunity challenge was kind of lame I thought.

I thought the castaways were kind of dull and lifeless this time around. I had trouble identifying with the members of Koror, probably because the focus was strongly centred on the Ulong tribe for the first 6 or 7 episodes.

Although Ulong losing all those immunity challenges was dramatic and exciting, it kind of had a negative effect in intialising our relationship with the members of Koror.

I also thought that 20 was too many to start off with, even if they did eliminate 3 in one episode.

11/Guatelamala looks interesting. I still would love it if they could shoot another series in Africa, or somewhere radical such as the Andes or Siberia. That would be awesome!

By the way, the reason I usually keep away from this thread is cause America usually gets the epsidoes a week earlier than Oz and I don't wanna know the results. Would be a great discussion to partake in though.

I think it was one of the best too :up:

Maybe we should have a poll :hmm:

And as much as I would like to see Survivor in a cold weather place just for the 'challenge' aspect...I suspect there are many viewers who tune in each week to see great abs and other exposed body parts :shifty: that would be covered up in a cooler environment :)

Back
Top Bottom