Surrender memoire setlist....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I could change the subject of the conversation to something more appropriate to the thread title I found it odd that One wasn’t performed or even played as an instrumental with Bono talking given the songs importance to the band as well as the One campaign being significant to Bono and even mentioned during the show. Not complaining just really was the big omission when you think of the bands most known and liked songs.

the jabroni who thought it was okay to do that in the middle of the show is a narcissistic dipshit with main-character syndrome.

nobody with two-plus brain cells should be defending that kind of behaviour. full stop

Last edited:
the jabroni who thought it was okay to do that in the middle of the show is a narcissistic dipshit with main-character syndrome.

nobody with two-plus brain cells should be defending that kind of behaviour. full stop
In your opinion.

71lyif.jpg

Happy not to be a sheep. You baa away.your grasp of the definition everyone also doesn’t seem too strong, as I’ve already said plenty of people were happy for my mate after the gig, not people he approached but people who noticed us talking about it and him showing me the book, nothing but pleasant about it. Maybe the type of people who come onto u2 fan sites are different to the average attendee. I do find it hard to relate to and get on with a lot of u2 fans online despite sharing a love for the same band.

Last edited:
Allow me to add to the pile-on here, by reiterating that just because Bono didn’t give your friend a dirty look, ignore him, or yell at him, doesn’t mean that he wasn’t annoyed internally. That’s an unconvincing leap of logic. As said above, Bono is a professional who doesn’t want to ruin the vibe for everyone else even if he’s mad about a fan overreach like this.

And an overreach it was. Your friend is a fucking asshat for doing it, and you’re an asshat for defending him so brazenly, and an even bigger asshat for calling all the dissenters here sheep because they disapprove of what was clearly entitled, classless behavior. You just registered here a couple months ago and you’re already trying to tell off a bunch of longtime members?

Get stuffed.

Last edited:
Allow me to add to the pile-on here, by reiterating that just because Bono didn’t give your friend a dirty look, ignore him, or yell at him, doesn’t mean that he wasn’t annoyed internally. That’s an unconvincing leap of logic. As said above, Bono is a professional who doesn’t want to ruin the vibe for everyone else even if he’s mad about a fan overreach like this.

And an overreach it was. Your friend is a fucking asshat for doing it, and you’re an asshat for defending him so brazenly, and an even bigger asshat for calling all the dissenters here sheep because they disapprove of what was clearly entitled, classless behavior. You just registered here a couple months ago and you’re already trying to tell off a bunch of longtime members?

Get stuffed.
Go fuck yourself, prick. I couldn’t care less who I upset, I’ll say my bit especially when it’s to point out wrong information being reported. There was zero evidence of Bono being annoyed and plenty of evidence that it didn’t actually bother him. But u2gigs are now able to read the thoughts of a performer internally and report on that? That’s not how a reputable site should work and certainly not me who’s doing the overreaching, but why let facts get in the way of a good story or the chance for someone to express their own view about the incident whilst ignoring the facts of what happened. Another sheep, baa!

Last edited:
He took it in good grace but it was clearly an interruption he didn't ask for or want.

I don't know what Bono was thinking, but I'll take a leap based on his body language, what he said etc that he would have much rather it hadn't happened. He's not going to tell your mate to f*ck off because that's not who he is, but he clearly felt obliged to sign it... it didn't go down well with those sat around me as it interrupted the flow of the show, but there were a lot of shouts from the crowd throughout the show which were also a bit of a PITA to be honest.

I just don't get why anybody would think that was an appropriate thing to do in the middle of a show. Any show really, but in particular one of that nature.

U2 Songs reported the same thing.

As did multiple people on social.

They must all be sheep, too. baaaa
Of course it is sheep mentality, one group says something and the next one will report the same thing or similar. Someone says ‘he wasn’t happy’ and that’s what they write up online. But the only thing that would even hint he was unhappy was him saying ‘I don’t think this is really the right time’ and to counter that and suggest he wasn’t bothered he took the time to not only sign it but draw a picture, ask his name and shake his hand. Unless someone working for u2gigs or u2songs is a mind reader and could tell exactly how he felt then there was far more evidence to suggest he wasn’t overly fussed about it. But u2 fans seem to be able to think they can read Bono’s emotions even when it goes against his actions. Basically u2songs and u2gigs are trying to discourage it or don’t approve of it themselves and are trying to get their own views across rather than just report on facts.

Bono’s. Demeanor. Doesn’t. Prove. Anything.

To suggest that he wasn’t bothered, annoyed, and/or upset at an interruption during a relatively intimate one-man show is asinine.

Here’s a question: if fans started doing that at every show between every section, do you think that Bono would be ok with that? Your friend’s action isn’t just bad because of its isolated effect on that single show, but for the example that it sets to anyone else going to see the show in the future. That’s why it’s entitled behavior, and why your friend is a cunt for thinking he’s special.

He took it in good grace but it was clearly an interruption he didn't ask for or want.

I don't know what Bono was thinking, but I'll take a leap based on his body language, what he said etc that he would have much rather it hadn't happened. He's not going to tell your mate to f*ck off because that's not who he is, but he clearly felt obliged to sign it... it didn't go down well with those sat around me as it interrupted the flow of the show, but there were a lot of shouts from the crowd throughout the show which were also a bit of a PITA to be honest.

I just don't get why anybody would think that was an appropriate thing to do in the middle of a show. Any show really, but in particular one of that nature.
Is ‘rather it hadn’t happened’ the same as unhappy? I have already said myself there’s obvious reasons why he wouldn’t want to encourage it but there’s a big difference between not being happy about it and just taking it in your stride. And again I’ll go back to the fact he didn’t just sign it he drew a picture and asked his name and shook his hand. If you’re unhappy you do a few things, either ignore Jamie or tell him where to go or you do a very quick signature. You don’t take the time to do a drawing which makes it probably one of if not the most valuable copies of the book now in existence.

Last edited:
Bono’s. Demeanor. Doesn’t. Prove. Anything.

To suggest that he wasn’t bothered, annoyed, and/or upset at an interruption during a relatively intimate one-man show is asinine.

Here’s a question: if fans started doing that at every show between every section, do you think that Bono would be ok with that? Your friend’s action isn’t just bad because of its isolated effect on that single show, but for the example that it sets to anyone else going to see the show in the future. That’s why it’s entitled behavior, and why your friend is a cunt for thinking he’s special.
If fans started doing it at every show or if more fans had even done it that same night of course he’s not going to be ok with it because of how much of a disruption it would cause. But that didn’t/hasn’t happened so he had no reason to be unhappy. Whether you agree with the action or not and want to name call is up to you but it still doesn’t change the fact that Bono wasn’t unhappy about it.

it can't be a dick move if everyone else does it but not when your friend does it. that... that's not how this works.
I didn’t say it would be a dick move if everyone else did it. I said it would obviously cause a bigger issue if 50-100 folk went down to the stage for an autograph. I’m not daft enough to think it’s ok for someone to do something but not ok for a different person to do the same thing.

What’s your point? He called me ass hat before I called him anything. Quite funny actually. Can’t imagine the weird looks he’d get where I live for calling someone that, but must be good patter where he’s from.

It’s interesting as well this ‘entitled’ thing when they don’t know anything about Jamie. What makes anyone come to that conclusion? To say he thinks he’s special is just moronic, a bit of chancer he’d probably admit to himself but entitled? That’s laughable if you knew anything about Jamie.

if my best friend since childhood - who i don't believe is a dick, nor entitled - pulled a move like this?

i'd say it was a dick move.

not that he's a dick - but that he did a dickish, selfish thing.

because that's what this was.

you clearly disagree - and consider the parade of people also calling it a selfish, dickish move to be "sheep" which.. okay, sure.

your friend may be a great guy. fun to get a beer with.

but for one brief moment - he did something really selfish and dickish.

but if it was okay for your friend to do it, why isn't it okay for everyone else in the theater to get up and do the same?

starting to see where this is going there yet? why everyone thinks it was a dick move? no? ok.
It was ok because it was allowed to be ok. The security didn’t step in to the point where they removed him and Bono agreed to sign it. That’s why it was ok. If Bono had ignored or refused and security kicked him out I think he would have had to accept that as well. Ultimately if everyone went up at the same time Bono would eventually just refuse and have to allow security to do their job. I wouldn’t criticise anyone for trying though or call it a dick move.

if my best friend since childhood - who i don't believe is a dick, nor entitled - pulled a move like this?

i'd say it was a dick move.

not that he's a dick - but that he did a dickish, selfish thing.

because that's what this was.

you clearly disagree - and consider the parade of people also calling it a selfish, dickish move to be "sheep" which.. okay, sure.
If someone had just called it selfish I couldn’t disagree, it certainly wasn’t done for the benefit of anyone else but we all do selfish things at times in our life even without realising it. Perhaps I’ve taken the ‘dick move’ phrase to mean you’re calling my mate a dick which is why I’ve been more defensive, others have just outright called him things and me. That’s cool I can handle name calling, i just didn’t like the way it was presented in reports, that was my initial complaint/moan. Whether it could have caused something else or can be seen as selfish or whatever I wasn’t bothered about but on the night itself the way it unfolded it didn’t cause a big issue and was taken well by Bono and even a lot of the crowd. No boo’s or anything incidentally which perhaps tells a story as well about how it was taken on the night.

If Bono didn't preplan for this guy to come up with the book and shake his hand, then it was a dick move. He wasn't scheduled to be part of the show but became part of the show.

Case closed.

Baaaaaaa...

If Bono didn't preplan for this guy to come up with the book and shake his hand, then it was a dick move. He wasn't scheduled to be part of the show but became part of the show.

Case closed.

Baaaaaaa...
You’re closing a case that is only a matter of opinion, I think that’s what you and others fail to understand. It isn’t a 1+1=2 scenario, it isn’t a fact of the matter it’s your opinion. It might be the overwhelming majority on here and online even, I never heard any negativity on the night, but regardless it doesn’t matter anyway it’s still only your opinion, that’s what a few of you are finding hard to accept, that you can’t turn your opinion into a fact. I’m the only person that has pointed out facts in relation to what happened, things that happened for a fact and show some reports to be false but besides that it’s all opinion and an opinion I don’t really care about anyway yet people have been determined to argue with me about.

Last edited:
You’re closing a case that is only a matter of opinion, I think that’s what you and others fail to understand. It isn’t a 1+1=2 scenario, it isn’t a fact of the matter it’s your opinion. It might be the overwhelming majority on here and online even, I never heard any negativity on the night, but regardless it doesn’t matter anyway it’s still only your opinion, that’s what a few of you are finding hard to accept, that you can’t turn your opinion into a fact. I’m the only person that has pointed out facts in relation to what happened, things that happened for a fact and show some reports to be false but besides that it’s all opinion and an opinion I don’t really care about anyway yet people have been determined to argue with me about.

No. It is factual that Bono did not call your friend prior to the show to plan for him to interrupt it. Or are you saying Bono did call your friend?

Back
Top Bottom