Stage Set-up For The Next Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Sad Punk said:
Yeah, uh, okay then, backin' off the debate... I think there should be escalators involved.

Also it isn't really a big thing but a pinata would be pretty good as well.

I wasn't actually referring to you in that last sentence I posted, sorry if that wasn't clear... :)

Escalator to nowhere :drool:

The only way that they would put a way the past tours comparing is if they finally trust Willie and go ahead with the "In the middle of the floor "stage.

I wasn't actually referring to you in that last sentence I posted, sorry if that wasn't clear...

Heh! Sorry if I sounded disheartened, I wasn't trying to at all. ;) I was just trying to get back on track.

Back to the escalator concept. :drool:

Hmm how would the screens be placed? They need to have big screens as well, it would be a challenge though but still a hard thing to do, i can't see how it would work for them.

ZOOTVTOURist said:

In the end, you'll have a tour with one of the greatest live bands on earth ending up in a Vegas style "We repeat the same stuff every night, so everyone will be able to see the same show" – that's what I call predictable, boring. So: No show, but a great rock concert!

You'll get that anyway. Might as well make a spectacle out of it.

Muse, Daft Punk, even the Rolling Stones latest production has been better than what U2 has been doing lately.

I think no matter what they do, Zoo TV will remain the one truly innovative U2 tour.

BIGGER is not better, either.

The_acrobat said:
I think by the end of Vertigo they realized the need a change. The next tour won't be anything like the Vertigo tour, (or Elevation 2 as I call it).

More like Elevation on steroids.

I like the idea of a lemon-shaped stage, but I can't help but think that it's a bit of a lateral step, considering it would just be a slightly thinner and longer version of the ellipse. :wink:

U2girl said:
I think no matter what they do, Zoo TV will remain the one truly innovative U2 tour.

BIGGER is not better, either.
As long as the screen is big, you can't tell me that a small screen is enough these days, we have seen what can be done with big screens with Vertigo outdoor and Popmart, it can blow you away and give a song just that extra.

It needs a big screen simple as that.

Dusty Bottoms said:

You'll get that anyway. Might as well make a spectacle out of it.

Muse, Daft Punk, even the Rolling Stones latest production has been better than what U2 has been doing lately.

The Stones had a sick stage recently, arena and stadium, I was there for both :)

U2's Vertigo Outdoor Stage rocked big time. But it didn't have the elipse, and I loved the elipse. I really have nothing against bringing the elipse back for the next tour, in whatever form or shape.

last unicorn said:
U2's Vertigo Outdoor Stage rocked big time. But it didn't have the elipse, and I loved the elipse. I really have nothing against bringing the elipse back for the next tour, in whatever form or shape.

EXACTLY!

last unicorn said:

B-Stage/Ellipse are excellent IMO and shouldn't be dropped ever - the band (see: Bono) likes it because he can get closer to everyone, plus there are more front of stage GA spots.

LemonMelon said:
I like the idea of a lemon-shaped stage, but I can't help but think that it's a bit of a lateral step, considering it would just be a slightly thinner and longer version of the ellipse. :wink:
True, but, it was a LEMON. And it was painted yellow, and there were flashy blue lights and stuff, and it was very, very Pop :drool:

And then Bono took me and some other people into another room to have a dance contest :D

The_acrobat said:
I think by the end of Vertigo they realized the need a change. The next tour won't be anything like the Vertigo tour, (or Elevation 2 as I call it). It will reflect the sound and themes of the next album. Who knows what that means, but we'll know in 2009!

" (or Elevation 2 as I call it)"

In USA maybe. In Europe no.

hmm, that's probably a bit more accurate! I remember watching the Chicago DVD and thinking it was so different to the Cardiff show I went to! :huh: just lacked something if anything

DreamOutLoud13 said:
And then Bono took me and some other people into another room to have a dance contest :D

Yup, I was one of those people. I showed Edge every move he knows. :wink:

*crosses fingers for ellipse*

For the outdoor shows, I think they should have 4 or 9 screens, making a rectangle, all connected and each with different images in each screen and at times using the whole screen for single images.

As for the stage, its tricky. Of course we can have a regular b-stage which goes out towards the middle of the arena or stadium and then has a bigger area at the end for the band to play. But everyone likes the Elevation and Vertigo style b-stage better. But the band might hesitate making that type of b-stage for the third time in a row. So I think they will probably go back to the ZOOTV or Pop style b-stage again.

On second thought, maybe they should just bring back ZOOTV and call the tour ZOOTV Part II. They had no problem doing Elevation Part II right? :wink:

ZOOTV Part II :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Oh doggie that is pretty fucking rad.

I'm very fond of the Sympathy For the Devil visuals in particular. Obviously going for a different effect than Vertigo, but frankly more effective on the whole, I imagine.

Whats even more mind blowing about the Bigger bang stage set up is the b-stage coming from the main stage with the band on it,while performing "Miss you"

Yes Stones tickets cost 400$ but looking at the stage,you see where they invest it and it's worth every penny.

in that last video, you see the screens, the weird screens?, not the center one, the others...

imagine they're like "appartments", because PEOPLE WERE IN THEM... I mean, in the spaces between the screens... you could buy a ticket ($200, not the higher one, I remember) and wacth the show from up there...

:drool:

Moving/revolving B-stage reeks of something boybands do. And fireworks are a verrry cheesy way to start, right along with the fact the first song is called Start me up.
All I could think of after the fireworks for the first 40 seconds or so is the start of Discotheque video. But that's just me.

:drool: I'm trying to imagine the crucifixion U2 would get here if they charged 200 bucks a ticket.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Moving/revolving B-stage reeks of something boybands do. And fireworks are a verrry cheesy way to start, right along with the fact the first song is called Start me up.
All I could think of after the fireworks for the first 40 seconds or so is the start of Discotheque video. But that's just me.

:drool: I'm trying to imagine the crucifixion U2 would get here if they charged 200 bucks a ticket.

Highest ticket price of the last 3 tours:

PopMart=59$

Elevation tour=135$

Vertigo tour=165$

Next tour?=Looking at the increase rate of each of those tours,the highest price will be over 200$, for sure.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
cheesy? reeks of something boybands do?

oh... and a traveling lemon taxi is sooo rock and roll.

gimmie a break

Yes and yes to the above.

Not sure who said anything about a lemon, but it was always the stupidest thing U2 had on stage, to me. :shrug:

Cigar: that's still quite a gap compared to Stones. And when was the last time Stones had anywhere near 50 bucks for the cheapest seats ?

No ZOO TV II please, because no copy does good to any original – even if U2 are copying themselves...

No POPmart II please (see above...),

just something new, something, that fits the 'new' (!?) musical direction of the then new album ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom