Springsteen, Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following this thread as closely as I should, but after all the up and downs in recent weeks for me (health-wise), I'm delighted to say that I WILL be able to go and see Bruce on Monday in Germany. Have an early flight from Vienna on Monday morning. It's the day of the EURO game Germany vs. Austria, so that should be interesting. :lol: I am not really up to date about what has been played in recent shows, I'm just looking forward to a great concert.

I'm going too, on monday!
00000714.gif

If there is anything to the rumor about health problems, my first thought was Clarence. He's moving pretty slow these days. :(

After thinking about it, the health reasons are probably just from the wear and tear of being on the road. They will have been on the road for almost a year by August's end, I know even Bruce was having issues with his back on the Seeger Sessions tour and that wasn't nearly as many shows. Just seeing health as a reason rather scared me last night. Heck it takes me a day or so to recover from just one GA show ;)

The owner of Backstreets posted this morning:
EASY COME, EASY GO...
Remember that tentative fall leg that was in the works a couple weeks ago? It's no longer in the works. Several sources have confirmed that the plan has now been scrapped. We're looking at a good chance for more dates to be added in August, but right now it appears the August 30 show in Milwaukee stands as the final performance of the Magic tour.

So we can still speculate where the extra shows in August might be :)

If there is anything to the rumor about health problems, my first thought was Clarence. He's moving pretty slow these days. :(

I didn't want to say it, but that's where my thoughts led as well. He still seemed pretty energetic emotionally, but yeah, he was moving quite slow. And he's older then the rest of the band isn't he?

Just back from the Springsteen show in Germany, powerful and energetic, great concert, despite the competition of soccer (Germany-Austria, important game) and technical difficulties: Powet outage during first song - Jackson Cage - and during second song - Radio Nowhere, monitors and sound were out, while they were trying to fix it, Bruce went into the audience and collected banners and song requests. The rest of the show was fine, no more substantial technical hiccups. Show wasn't sold out, probably because of the soccer game. The long daylight took away a little from the atmosphere which became really good during the last third of the show. Much interaction with the audience, Bruce in great mood, talking German etc. :up:

I love the Born to Run one, but I wish it had something other than the guitar on it.

I like the ones with the little Springsteen silhouette.

When I'd visited the site before, I thought there was a feature where you could mix n match the lyrics and the style - like put the silhouette on your favorite quote instead of a guitar. Or a Cadillac.

Maybe that's just for certain items. Or maybe I'm crazy and that wasn't an option at all.

Just back from the Springsteen show in Germany, powerful and energetic, great concert, despite the competition of soccer (Germany-Austria, important game) and technical difficulties: Powet outage during first song - Jackson Cage - and during second song - Radio Nowhere, monitors and sound were out, while they were trying to fix it, Bruce went into the audience and collected banners and song requests. The rest of the show was fine, no more substantial technical hiccups. Show wasn't sold out, probably because of the soccer game. The long daylight took away a little from the atmosphere which became really good during the last third of the show. Much interaction with the audience, Bruce in great mood, talking German etc. :up:
:up:

too bad they didn't play jackson cage in the end! but bruce collecting the requests was awesome too! 'the e-street band is 100% live!' :eeklaugh:

IMG_0192.jpg

I like the ones with the little Springsteen silhouette.

When I'd visited the site before, I thought there was a feature where you could mix n match the lyrics and the style - like put the silhouette on your favorite quote instead of a guitar. Or a Cadillac.

Maybe that's just for certain items. Or maybe I'm crazy and that wasn't an option at all.

Perhaps you were thinking of this?
Fav Bruce Quote : springsteentrac : CafePress.com

My dad never wants to go to concerts (his last one was Phil Collins the summer I was 14...), but he says he wants to go see Springsteen in August when he plays in Hershey. I was excited about this father-daughter outing until I realized it's the same day that I have an excellent ticket for Bob Dylan in upstate NY. Oh well--I guess Bob will go on ebay in favor of some quality time with Dad.

I think the cheapest seats for the show the night after in Hershey are $35. After his usual hemming and hawing, my dad decided he hates crowds and traffic more than he wants to see Bruce. So, I'm sticking to my original plan and going to see Bob Dylan near where I live that night. Oh well. I'll get to see Bruce someday.

I'd have gone by myself if I really wanted to. And I probably would have, if I didn't have the Dylan ticket for that night.

pfan, if you have questions about the Hershey area, let me know. I grew up about 15 miles from there and know the area well.

I have in my AIM status that Bruce is coming...well one of my friends just IMed me:

HIM: dude
HIM: seriously
HIM: bruce springsteen?
ME: yesssssssss
HIM: r u a fucking 50 year old alcoholic????

:lol:

Many of my friends will never understand why most of the music I listen to is older than I am. :sigh: Kids these days. They just don't appreciate the classics :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom