SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very meh on it, but I'm not all that interested in fancy tech stuff, at least in the context of a concert.

I'm glad to hear it's just for the opening. I'm not interested in this sort of thing in general, but will still participate.

I highly doubt it. I have a feeling they will use AR from Iris until Until the End of The World.

The idea of someone thinking the cool AR thing is something that they can record through their phone camera. Unless the app itself can record and save video, in which case record away.

It’s like little kids in 3D movies reaching out as if something’s actually coming out of the screen. Just an amusing thought.

The idea of someone thinking the cool AR thing is something that they can record through their phone camera. Unless the app itself can record and save video, in which case record away.

It’s like little kids in 3D movies reaching out as if something’s actually coming out of the screen. Just an amusing thought.

Yeah, you can record it. Screenflow capture can record what happens on your phone rather than what the camera captures raw.

Same graphics for song for someone. So is this a new tour or just an extra couple of legs for i&e?? Same songs and graphics, very poor !

i thought innocence and experience were always meant to go hand in hand and just circumstances got in the way and delayed stuff, so maybe this is how it was always intended to be

i thought innocence and experience were always meant to go hand in hand and just circumstances got in the way and delayed stuff, so maybe this is how it was always intended to be
I do agree with this... I just wish the band would have made this more clear in their promotion if both album and tour rather than simply leaving it up for assumption.

Instead they seem to be trying to distance themselves from Songs of Innocence (understandable consider the release method debacle) while at the same time clearly the album and tour together as companion pieces.

wait im not that caught up to U2 tour but, is E/I tour basically same as I/E tour in terms of stage? I saw some pics and they seem to have that weird LED screen thing that I/E stage had.

Yeah I do see your point. I did think they would do something abit different though

One way to get rid of phones is making a pros hot available after each concert, for a small fee obviously...

I'm curious to see how Jack White's method is going to work out here in the long run, since he said while he's doing away with the phones, he'll specifically have someone posting pics and video online for fans or social media purposes. I'm not exactly sure how that's worked out so far for his tour.

In terms of pro-shot photos, I wonder if there would be much of an interest from most fans afterward. I'm sure some wouldn't mind getting their hands on them, but most of the reason people take photos or video is to show off the picture they took or to show on social media "Hey, look where I'm standing!" Not so much to show a great professional photo some other guy took...

I'm curious to see how Jack White's method is going to work out here in the long run, since he said while he's doing away with the phones, he'll specifically have someone posting pics and video online for fans or social media purposes. I'm not exactly sure how that's worked out so far for his tour.

In terms of pro-shot photos, I wonder if there would be much of an interest from most fans afterward. I'm sure some wouldn't mind getting their hands on them, but most of the reason people take photos or video is to show off the picture they took or to show on social media "Hey, look where I'm standing!" Not so much to show a great professional photo some other guy took...
You've got a point there!

I highly doubt it. I have a feeling they will use AR from Iris until Until the End of The World.

I'm inclined to agree with this. They put out that clip on instagram of them doing Iris where the entire GA floor looked like an ocean with rough seas during a storm. I think this AR thing is going to be more prevalent that we initially thought... :|

Makes you wonder if the AR thing is also meant to counter some of the vantage point issues that people sitting higher up at the far ends of the arenas might’ve had in 2015, with lack of screens and being blocked by the overhang of the cage.

I assume that Red Flag Day, and Summer of Love won't be played since those two songs really don't fit the narrative of Experience.

They have a theme they're going for with this show, and songs about refugees isn't part of it. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom