SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every song on Achtung Baby is good, so I think acrobat would be at least decent live. It could be a showstopping climax if put in the right thematic place.

Exit was great. Hoping Acrobat has that same intensity. RHMT was terrible. Huge fan of the song but they neutered with the terrible piano and horns. Was the lowest point of the JT live by far for me.

I wonder if they've been rehearsing in an undisclosed location for the past few days. They practiced enough in Canada that a couple days before opening in Tulsa should be fine, but who knows?

RHMT with no guitar and canned brass bonanza just fell short.

I was in the camp that enjoyed it live. I suspect they may have tried it with guitar... and it might not have sounded very good?

As for Acrobat... I don't know. I mean, I don't mind the song and think it's better than average. But the obsession with seeing it live? Just gives me a "meh" or "take it or leave it" feeling. That's just me though!

RHMT was a dud on the last tour. Everyone was so worried about how Bono would be able to perform it that they forgot to ask the same question about Edge. However I think Acrobat is at least singable for Bono. There’s just no way it can live up to the hype and expectation.

Acrobat is bang average, overrated etc. Wtf are you kidding me.?To each his own but in my eyes Achtung Baby has no average songs. Not saying any fan is more of a fan than any other fan, that would be ridiculous, but I wonder if this is a generational thing. Been following this band since they began, and will be in ga at both NYC gigs. Do older fans rate Acrobat more than younger fans?

Oh also thought RHMT sucked on the last tour. Only part of the show I didn't enjoy. Friggin hate brass bands.

toward the end of that clip, is bono on top of the screen? i see guardrails and ? some of the screen's LED lights below him??

I think the walkway can move independently of the screen now. We'd only previously seen the walkway under the screen, but makes sense it could go above it too.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, that’s purely coincidence.

You like CT? Huh, who knew?

Did my bashing of Acrobat make you a dick, or were you always that way?.. [emoji848]

toward the end of that clip, is bono on top of the screen? i see guardrails and ? some of the screen's LED lights below him??
Good catch!

:hmm: Hmmm, wonder how he gets up there? An internal ladder during intermission, wires, the stairs that were used during Cedarwood Rd?

My money would be on the stairs. For Cedarwood Rd the stairs could get Bono inside the screen when the screen we was raised up in the air. Maybe now they can reach the top of the screen, when it's lowered to the ground. :hmm:

Last edited:
Good catch!

:hmm: Hmmm, wonder how he gets up there? An internal ladder during intermission, wires, the stairs that were used during Cedarwood Rd?

My money would be on the stairs. For Cedarwood Rd the stairs could get Bono inside the screen when the screen we was raised up in the air. Maybe now they can reach the top of the screen, when it's lowered to the ground. :hmm:

Or the whole platform raises and lowers inside the screen.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Looking forward to setlist party #1 where they'll be lots of activity as opposed to later shows where nobody bothers to creating a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom