SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded the app and cranked out the album cover - I think we just figured out how the show’s gonna open.

Interesting. Will be fun to see what else this tour has to offer beyond a printed setlist. Case in point - when did we find out about Cedarwood Road staging in 2015? Was it not until opening night?

Interesting. Will be fun to see what else this tour has to offer beyond a printed setlist. Case in point - when did we find out about Cedarwood Road staging in 2015? Was it not until opening night?

It was on opening night. I still remember the first videos being published and people going nuts “oh my god, he’s in the screen!!!”

It’s actually not a bad gimmick. I was worried they would try to do something with it during the show but thankfully it doesn’t seem like that’s the case.

Also I’m happy that Love Is All We Have Left isn’t being totally forgotten.... it’s a really haunting track.

I thought Miracle Drug was an odder choice myself a few years ago, but even that only got a few airings overall.

All Because of You was one of the songs that stood out a bit more during my first U2 show though, so I don't remember it being anything terrible. But that was just me.

Oh yeah, that was pretty damn odd too. But at least Miracle Drug has its fans and it's disappearance in 2005 was lamented by some. ABOY becoming rotational and then dropped entirely seemed to elicit a collective shrug.

Can't wait for one tenth of the audience to download the app and everybody else to have no idea what's going on.

It’s actually not a bad gimmick. I was worried they would try to do something with it during the show but thankfully it doesn’t seem like that’s the case.

Also I’m happy that Love Is All We Have Left isn’t being totally forgotten.... it’s a really haunting track.
That's exactly what it's for though... for the crowd to all hold up their phones and point it at the screen during the show.

Brilliant, just another reason for the crowd to be fixated with their phone instead of watching the band on stage. Not seeing the point to be honest. Is this the justification for the ticket prices?

All the PR has specified that it is for ‘the opening track’. And if it is pre recorded, then they won’t miss anything, it will literally be everything for the time

Dear,

The tour opens in Tulsa next week and as of now you can download the U2 AR eXPERIENCE App which promises a new kind of experience at a U2 show.

#U2eiTour will see a specially curated AR scene-setter—triggered by the 100-foot-long LED wall running the length of the arena floor—herald the band’s arrival on stage. Then check out the opening song... for a live show experience you can share with all your friends, as well as thousands of other fans at the show.

Download the U2 AR eXPERIENCE App for iOS or Android ahead of the show and see how it responds to the Songs of Experience album cover image at home.

Appears to be the intro song plus the first song live.

Call me old fashioned, but I would rather not be fucking with my phone while U2 are playing onstage. There's too much of that in society in general. I'll just glance at the phone of the person in front of me. And while we're at it, GET THESE NO GOOD KIDS OFF MY LAWN!!!:madwife::madwife:

old lady here don't understand - you mean you literally point your phone at a physical cd and a hologram appears? wtf?
can you touch it? :D

I m not very old yet but those cell phones annoy me greatly during concerts (besides u2giggs ) :lol:

Yeah that’s why I’ll probably never do floor again. At the Cleveland show last year I found it very annoying to have to stare through a forest of moving arms with phones. Just enjoy the show and later you can watch a high quality multi cam video of the whole show on YouTube, and it’ll be better than the shitty video you made with your phone.

I’m 36, not too old to stand on a field for hours, and also not too old that understand technology. But I won’t be fucking with this shit.

I'd rather deal with phones than buy a more expensive ticket and be further away.

old lady here don't understand - you mean you literally point your phone at a physical cd and a hologram appears? wtf?
can you touch it? :D
AR apps puts things on your screen that appear to be interacting with the environment.

Pokemon Go is probably the best recent example of this. A lot of phones will now also include AR in their camera apps. I can put a Storm Trooper in the videos I take if I so desire and have the fucker walk around and interact with things.

It's a neat little piece of technology, but I personally find it very gimmicky.

AR apps puts things on your screen that appear to be interacting with the environment.

Pokemon Go is probably the best recent example of this. A lot of phones will now also include AR in their camera apps. I can put a Storm Trooper in the videos I take if I so desire and have the fucker walk around and interact with things.

giphy.gif

All the PR has specified that it is for ‘the opening track’. And if it is pre recorded, then they won’t miss anything, it will literally be everything for the time

I'm glad to hear it's just for the opening. I'm not interested in this sort of thing in general, but will still participate.

ahh ok thanks! that clears things up a lot haha :reject:

I would prefer the Jack White approach, and make everyone put their phones in a bag, where you have to go to the lobby to use them. It would be really refreshing to be at a show with no phones in sight.

Yeah that’s why I’ll probably never do floor again. At the Cleveland show last year I found it very annoying to have to stare through a forest of moving arms with phones. Just enjoy the show and later you can watch a high quality multi cam video of the whole show on YouTube, and it’ll be better than the shitty video you made with your phone.

I’m 36, not too old to stand on a field for hours, and also not too old that understand technology. But I won’t be fucking with this shit.

I agree. People holding up their phones really got on my nerves at the JT show I saw last year. Everyone thinks they have to record their own special video, which is identical to the videos being filmed by hundreds of people all around them. :rolleyes:

This AR thing won’t even work on my phone, but I’m sure I’ll be surrounded by a sea of other people’s phones, anyway. I’m really glad it’s only for one song. It sounds like this will also be the entertainment before the show starts.

They should do an all cover encore with helter skelter all along the watchtower and dancing barefoot before ending with hawkmoon version from lovetown. Amazing performance of that song: edge’s guitar ✌️

I would prefer the Jack White approach, and make everyone put their phones in a bag, where you have to go to the lobby to use them. It would be really refreshing to be at a show with no phones in sight.

Edge in particular would never. He always wants to be “forward thinking” and where “the conversation is” culturally. Unfortunately, it’s on our god damn phones.

They should do an all cover encore with helter skelter all along the watchtower and dancing barefoot before ending with hawkmoon version from lovetown. Amazing performance of that song: edge’s guitar ✌️

Besides Hawkmoon, you might even be worse than the band at setlists [emoji6]

I guess I’m the only one finding this AR thing kinda badass? Kinda wish they do a little more with it during the intermission or something.

Phones at concert’s the new norm, no way around it. People will put them down when google glass takes off [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom