Songs of Songs, Books & Fat Puns - New Album Discussion #8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen this mobile phone thing mentioned for the Glasgow show yet but I think its being done at other UK dates?
It’s on the sec website that it’s a phone free event. Looks like they’ll be doing it for the full tour
https://www.sec.co.uk/events/detail/bono-stories-of-surrender

bcab3f1c-6c2e-4026-a104-eff076e3fba6_text.gif

Chicago show was so much freaking fun! Bono being very Bono but I really appreciated it.

read a couple reports but didn't see this - did he mention anything about new music or tease an album release?

Marc Maron mentioned that he's going to interview Bono. It'll be interesting to hear how Maron deals with finally talking to someone who he can't cut off every 10 seconds!

He was asked about U2 and Bono before and he seemed ambivalent about interviewing him because Bono's a lot and bit annoying, but Maron is a U2 fan and is dismissive people who don't think they're the real deal.

I hope Bono goes on Rick Rubin's podcast - that would be a much more productive conversation. And of course it would be cool if he visited the Scotts again while he's in LA.

Finally!

Been waiting for that for years, but eventually realized that he'd wait for the book to be completed.

And I really hope B is Talkin' U2 2 Them again.

Finally!

Been waiting for that for years, but eventually realized that he'd wait for the book to be completed.

And I really hope B is Talkin' U2 2 Them again.

If he’s not talkin U2 2 them he could talk rhcp, or talking heads to their taking heads, never mind films…does Bono still love films?!

I think it Bono and Maron could have an excellent talk as long as Marc doesn’t spend the hour trying to impress him the way he often does with musician guests.

He mentioned it on the last episode. Elizabeth Banks mentioned she stayed in Dalkey, which is where Bono lives, and then they talked about him for a minute. Banks says he’s the BEST. THE BEST!

Just saw the Chicago show last night... really enjoyed it. B-man was his usual self and I felt like it complimented the book well. Plenty of laughs too, which I wasn't expecting, particularly in the stories with his Dad and Pavarotti.

I saw last night In Nashville. It’s definitely a show for the hardcore fans. Although I greatly enjoyed it and am very thankful he is doing these, there are Lots of very anti -climatic moments. So many times you just want him to let lose and sing the song, and then he cuts it off so short. The moment where he talks about I Will Follow would have been amazing if he actually played the song. His voice sounded amazing, the stories are great, loved the ending, but Bono talking doesn’t compare to a U2 show.

As far as recordings go, I recorded it on my Apple Watch. It sounds decent and worth listening to again.

In my head I’m envisioning this SOS thing as a signal from the band, to a new style of sound for them. That they’ll follow up with a legit rock album, that sounds as unforced these re-recordings. Yeah a clunker or two but mostly awesome!

And maybe they do follow through with Songs of Ascent, revisiting the sessions from those last Eno/Lanois days, but newly recorded. Sounding more loose and live, creative. With sweet production, of course!

Of course that’s just an illusion. Could happen though.. :D

As if they’re trying to build a narrative for this next, last decade.

Prob similar to the NYer event, some performances but not the full “show”
That's what I'm thinking.

Also wondering, like, where is this taking place? They have a few areas for lectures and small performances and whatnot but they are really really small, unless it's taking place in the actual cathedral.

Part 2 is also now up:

"I'm a songwriter, not a mathematician!" was such a great closing punch line, it almost seemed scripted. Perfect timing from Bono.

As far as recordings go, I recorded it on my Apple Watch. It sounds decent and worth listening to again.

Did you wear the watch inside, or did you have to sneak it in?

img_6538.png

That's what I'm thinking.

Also wondering, like, where is this taking place? They have a few areas for lectures and small performances and whatnot but they are really really small, unless it's taking place in the actual cathedral.

I think that’s where it is?

I saw Joan Rivers do a book talk at the 6th & I synagogue once. Maybe there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom