Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, didn't know that! I thought it was super-exclusive and any footage would be shown days later.

Nonetheless, how big is this iheart gig? I'd not heard of it before i saw on this forum that U2 were headlining. If it's significantly smaller than Glasto/Apple, I think that would still factor into a live debut.

But I'm more onboard with the possibility of new material debuting at the gig now.

Info on iHeartRadioFestival's media reach:

from the iheartradiofestival press release:

Each night, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will broadcast live for fans via iHeartMedia radio stations throughout the country across 150 markets. The CW Network will also exclusively livestream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App, and then broadcast a two-night television special on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 from 8 p.m – 10 p.m. EST/PST.

Glastonbury which is a music festival might be a bigger concert in terms of reaching people there....this however is a MEDIA EVENT. Not only does it get IMMEDIATE exposure (via streaming etc), it is then followed up with a U.S. television broadcast two weeks later for the one-two punch.

Here's a real example of sheeplehood; one person without any source makes a "suggestion" and now everything is canceled and the band has broken up?

:rolleyes: this place

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Info on iHeartRadioFestival's media reach:

from the iheartradiofestival press release:

Each night, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will broadcast live for fans via iHeartMedia radio stations throughout the country across 150 markets. The CW Network will also exclusively livestream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App, and then broadcast a two-night television special on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 from 8 p.m – 10 p.m. EST/PST.

Glastonbury which is a music festival might be a bigger concert in terms of reaching people there....this however is a MEDIA EVENT. Not only does it get IMMEDIATE exposure (via streaming etc), it is then followed up with a U.S. television broadcast two weeks later for the one-two punch.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that they might debut the single on friday then.
I think i underestimated the importance/reach of this event. And unveiling something live seems more innovative and 'u2-ey' than just a standard single release in the days beforehand.

Here's a real example of sheeplehood; one person without any source makes a "suggestion" and now everything is canceled and the band has broken up?

:rolleyes: this place

it's pretty insane...I mean, I love this place, but the speed at which some people were suddenly jumping to the conclusion that U2 are breaking up is unbelievable!

what about AtU2 though?! must be a crater at this stage.

Last edited:
I'm becoming more and more convinced that they might debut the single on friday then.
I think i underestimated the importance/reach of this event. And unveiling something live seems more innovative and 'u2-ey' than just a standard single release in the days beforehand.

I'm banking on it! I bought a pair of $300 tickets from a 3rd party ticket broker to see them after it was already sold out! I'll be pissed if they don't play, forgiving if they don't play something new. But my intuition tells me there will be something new!

Adam just posted a photo indicating he's at an art show in downtown LA. He doesn't seem to be panicking.

Registered Dude did know about Lillywhite befote it was made public, so there's that. And if this is coming from the same source it can't be completely ruled out... but I'm not going to believe it until it actually happens... as it would be just plain bat shit stupid for them to pull out now over creative differences over a song/album.

So unless there's a major problem... medical or otherwise... I have to believe they're going to play.

X Act Lee.

They are playing Friday whether it's with a new song or not. They have been promoted for months. If there is an issue with new song, they could still pull off playing a few SOI tunes plus some hitz and nobody outside of our dysfunctional corner of the internet would bat an eye.

Now if Larry's body is suddenly rejecting his face transplant (had to wait decades for a suitable donor and once Joan Rivers passed they scheduled the surgery), that could be a different story, but aside from that they are playing.

I'm banking on it! I bought a pair of $300 tickets from a 3rd party ticket broker to see them after it was already sold out! I'll be pissed if they don't play, forgiving if they don't play something new. But my intuition tells me there will be something new!

If they're playing (a cancellation becomes more and more unlikely as time goes on, and is already unlikely as it stands right now), I think that would guarantee new material, even if it's a standalone single.

They're not gonna play at an event that's all about new, young artists debuting or promoting new material - and then pushing it in the weeks afterwards on radio - and not play something new.

And for your sake especially i'll be rooting for them to not cancel :wink:

Plus that art post was yesterday, Clayton's probably back rehearsing today :hmm:

Had no idea about iheartmedia before but given how massive they appear to be, there must be some big exclusive planned? New single live online and on shitloads of radio stations across the states etc. Not as invasive to some as the SOI release and the band keep quiet now for maximum impact on Friday, turn up and true to form basically make it all about them?

Plus that art post was yesterday, Clayton's probably back rehearsing today :hmm:

Had no idea about iheartmedia before but given how massive they appear to be, there must be some big exclusive planned? New single live online and on shitloads of radio stations across the states etc. Not as invasive to some as the SOI release and the band keep quiet now for maximum impact on Friday, turn up and true to form basically make it all about them?

That's basically our only hope at this point.

That's basically our only hope at this point.

Our only hope? Jesus no disrespect to registered dude but he is the only one I have seen say they could pull out

Be cool if they played 5-6 new songs. If the songs are great they'll get alot of praise for playing new material.

Our only hope? Jesus no disrespect to registered dude but he is the only one I have seen say they could pull out

I just meant that basically some kind of surprise onslaught is our only hope for something in 2016. It's almost too late in the year to do it the standard way.

As far as iHeart, I think that given what a big deal this is, the only excuse they can possibly give is some kind of ailment with band or their immediate family. Seems like they pretty much have to do it.

I call full album drop on Friday.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I call full album drop on Friday.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'd say it's just as likely as them playing the new song.
I could see new song at iheart, album for Dreamforce?
But iheart would be better reach for album announcement.

Fingers crossed.

Weren't album / single drops usually on Tuesdays until recently? Wonder if we hear something tomorrow.

Digital music is now dropped on Fridays, so I have been observing with Spotify, iTunes etc...the old physical CDS still go to stores the following Tuesday from what I am aware of...

Weren't album / single drops usually on Tuesdays until recently? Wonder if we hear something tomorrow.

Yeah, it used to always be Tuesday. Now I think Friday is more or less the standard, but all bets are off. Radio head dropped their album on a Sunday this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom