Songs of Experience XI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a real example of sheeplehood; one person without any source makes a "suggestion" and now everything is canceled and the band has broken up?

:rolleyes: this place

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

When it comes to these situations in this thread, which is once a week, I often picture in mind the scene from Airplane. The one when the stewardess says they are off trajectory and headed for the sun and a guy goes "you're not telling us everything". Then she tells them that they also ran out of coffee and all hell breaks loose!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd say it's just as likely as them playing the new song.
I could see new song at iheart, album for Dreamforce?
But iheart would be better reach for album announcement.

Fingers crossed.

Whether it's album or single, the more I read comments about iheart's reach the more it makes sense to debut it there. Considering their eagerness for big time radio play, it makes sense for them to pucker up to the biggest conglomerate. It will be a compliment to the festival if a band like U2 debuts music there.

If it's an album drop, maybe they could play three songs off SOE+three warhorses and simultaneously have the album up on streaming services (letting iHeart debut songs and their remixes over the weekend on radio to create buzz), then play the lead single and two more songs on dreamforce, then release the album for retail.

The new songs on stage for the first time problem can be solved by lyric videos on the big screens.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

68 posts left before we move onto the next thread, let's finish this one in a positive mood! new music on Friday. :drool:

68 posts left before we move onto the next thread, let's finish this one

26uf3fFiuw2wnh46k.gif

Last edited:
A new song coming on Friday with no build up, no marketing, no 30 sec official clip, no nothing? Why? Sorry i am on the pessimist side.
We don't even have any rumours suggesting a video been made for the song.
And we can't believe its coming because the way SOI was launched in 2014. That was an Apple event which we saw SOI being delivered to 500 million users. Now all we have is a show and every sign possible that the album in not done.
Be prepared for just a best-of-6- songs-set on friday.

For all we know Oliver Jeffers or someone else in their stable could've created another visual video with minimal band footage. They also might be planning to use footage from their rehearsals or the performance in the official release.

A new song coming on Friday with no build up, no marketing, no 30 sec official clip, no nothing? Why? Sorry i am on the pessimist side.
And we can't believe its coming because the way SOI was launched in 2014. That was an Apple event which we saw SOI being delivered to 500 million users. Now all we have is a show and every sign possible that the album in not done.

Maybe we'll get the Lyric Video that was on the screens during the Kygo Performance...

Now if Larry's body is suddenly rejecting his face transplant (had to wait decades for a suitable donor and once Joan Rivers passed they scheduled the surgery), that could be a different story, but aside from that they are playing.

Larry could always play while wearing one of those Daft Punk helmets.

Who says there needs to be a video first? Why a 30 second clip? What if their build up, what if their marketing, IS playing the new song live? It's not just a show...it's a media EVENT:

Each night, the iHeartRadio Music Festival will broadcast live for fans via iHeartMedia radio stations throughout the country across 150 markets. The CW Network will also exclusively livestream both nights of the festival via CWTV.com and The CW App, and then broadcast a two-night television special on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 from 8 p.m – 10 p.m. EST/PST.

With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S. and over 85 million social followers, iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. It serves over 150 markets through 858 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on tablets and smartphones, and on gaming consoles.

iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over a billion downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 85 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service and even faster than Facebook.

The people calling this "just a show" are clearly not aware of the facts of the matter as far as the reach to people outside of die-hard U2 fan sites. The reach is so much bigger than us.

It's all ok folks. An outsider who has never read these forums (my wife) listened to my rundown of the last few weeks and laughed at me. 'It's U2. They'll be fine, they're just fucking with you.'
Oh the bliss of unobsessed...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

It's all ok folks. An outsider who has never read these forums (my wife) listened to my rundown of the last few weeks and laughed at me. 'It's U2. They'll be fine, they're just fucking with you.'

Ignorance is bliss.

As has been mentioned before, Edge's goatee has been dyed...all systems go for promo time !!

what colour though? is it:
Midnight Chestnut - Full on promo, tour coming up, a goatee that requires only the hippest, youngest shade to keep up with all the rockin new tracks?
Wistful Chocolate - Micro Promo. quick pair of gigs, bang out the oldies then straight back to the studio to dick around for 6 months?

LOL! I think your wife is right!

Midnight Chestnut - Full on promo, tour coming up, a goatee that requires only the hippest, youngest shade to keep up with all the rockin new tracks?
Wistful Chocolate - Micro Promo. quick pair of gigs, bang out the oldies then straight back to the studio to dick around for 6 months?

41Cm8jh454L.jpg

And what color indicates the band has broken up?

bounced over to @U2 for a minute to see if there was anyone there with any new info.
God, we may get a little over concerned here. But that place is a pit of nastiness and despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom