Songs of Experience - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
umareyouill.gif
Lol :lol:

A Head Full of Dreams sounds pretty dull to me. I listened to it yesterday for the first time and I can't really remember it. That said, I love Ghost Stories now, after initially thinking it was awful. So maybe AHFOD will grow on me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I've been a Coldplay fan since I first heard "Yellow" sometime in 2000-01. Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head were essential albums of my college years. I saw them in 2003 in a small venue that holds 2,000 people or less, and THAT is the Coldplay I'll always remember. I've seen them 3 times, and I hope to see them next year again. I pretty much love everything from the pre-Parachutes EPs/b-sides through Ghost Stories.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this new album. I don't hate it, but I haven't been AT ALL motivated to listen to it. I've forced myself to here and there, but eh... I'm not that into it. Even the best moments would've been average moments on their previous albums, I feel. Oh well, I'm looking forward to the tour anyway.

And I feel that SOI is by far a superior record. It really has stood the test of time with me so far.

A Head Full of Dreams sounds pretty dull to me. I listened to it yesterday for the first time and I can't really remember it. That said, I love Ghost Stories now, after initially thinking it was awful. So maybe AHFOD will grow on me.

:up: 100% agree. I can't stop listening to Ghost Stories lately after I had thought it was trash a year ago.

I wouldn't expect any news until next year.

Christmas / New Year season always inspires me to put on some Lovetown bootlegs.

lack of news about SOE post tour kinda disturbs me

Nothing to be disturbed about, it's the holiday season. They are taking a well deserved break.

I'm going to roll with the theory that this album is going to come out almost exactly 2 years after SOI. Next September, then tour later in the year.

An album release in September and a tour later in the year would be highly unusual for U2. For this to happen, you'd expect the album to be finished months in advance so that there's time for rehearsals, and the tour dates announced / put on sale before the album comes out. Different time I know, but for all of Pop/Popmart's time constraints, there was still a gap of nearly two months between the album coming out and the tour starting. I'll believe it when I see it.

When Zooropa came out, it took nearly a month for U2 to play anything from it live other than Numb.

Last edited:
There just no way of predicting. I think they're probably close. But the band has also priced so many times that they're not done until the album is actually released.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hoping 2016 isn't a repeat of 2012... ugh absolutely nothing U2 related happened that year did it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope they haven't hit a rich songwriting vein ala the tinkering that went on with NLOTH. Bono's comment about that new song of Edge's called Tightrope has me nervous.

So... reading the latest news from Ritmos & Blues which are the Portuguese Promoters for live acts, there is still no date for a concert 2016 (In Portugal). They say they that there was some chat about it with the band and management and they said their trying to finish an album.

this was last week.

So... there's hoping that SOE will not be shelved.

source (in portuguese)
Música - ? oficial: U2 n?o v?m a Portugal no pr?ximo ano - Artes - DN

No news for Portuguese shows doesn't mean anything. Latest rumors predicted a US leg first anyways.
In terms of timing it can all work out. Say they finish the album some time in spring / early summer. That leaves plenty of time for rehearsals. And since the album is apparently almost finished I'm pretty sure they're already thinking about how to adapt the show, stage etc. In terms of timing we're good. The only big risk is that they get lost in the music and don't finish the album. But that would mean that they kill the whole innocence & experience idea and the tour would have been way too short. So I'm actually quite optimistic :)

Don't get your hopes up.

There is no album until it's released. U2 have done this too many times before, and while there are some different variables this time (short tour, naming the tour innocence/experience), I don't think it would shock any of us if U2 just decides to continue on with tinkering

I remember for the 360 tour, after the last show in 2009, tickets for the 2010 shows went on sale within a week or two. Right now for the current tour, things are pretty silent. I wonder what news we may get in January, February or March. Hopefully we won't still be wondering what is going on by the end of March as we are now.

I think we'll have some sort of news (even if it's just another interview) some time in January. But if the next leg kicks off in autumn, the presale should start in spring.

Rumours ... Rumours ...

U2 will go back in the studio in January to remix their new album with Dangermouse, Ryan Tedder and Flood.

Those who've heard the rough cuts already say the songs are fast, loud and short.

- the European dates are back on for Summer 2016

- the North American leg will start in late summer with all arenas again

- Shows scheduled in Los Angeles for September

- the Bay Area will get multiple gigs again, as will Portland, Seattle and Vancouver

- the South American leg will start in early 2017, all stadiums

- planned dates in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Belo Horizonte, Brasil

- Buenos Aires, Argentina

- Santiago, Chile

- Lima, Peru

- then a load of shows in Australia and New Zealand

- Japan

- Final gig in Honolulu, Hawaii

Rumors only. All dates subject to change.

Took from a fan site on Facebook, I think a massive pinch of salt is needed. But you never know.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

Rumours ... Rumours ...

U2 will go back in the studio in January to remix their new album with Dangermouse, Ryan Tedder and Flood.

Those who've heard the rough cuts already say the songs are fast, loud and short.

If true, and they're onto mixing stage, than this bodes well..

can't say I'm enamored with seeing Tedder's name in the mix, though

probably all nonsense anyway

Danger Mouse is currently producing the new Chili Peppers album, while also starting his own record label. I highly doubt he has the time necessary to work with U2 again, nor do I think he'd ever actually want to work with them again after how the last record ended.

I'm sure lots of the things he worked on with the band will show up on the next album, and he'll get a credit, but I have to believe his working with them is over.

Highly doubt that "Danger Mouse" is willing to actively work with U2 in the studio. There might be material left from his involvement on SOI, but he wont be seen together with U2 in the studio.

Tedder.. I cant stand him (without knowing him)

But still... They planned to finish SOE at the beginning of next year... so this rumour might be true... if they are capable of releasing SOE on time for a planned summer leg? Highly questionable

REM did fast, loud & short songs pretty well on their 2nd to last album. It was a good change of pace. I'd be happy to see U2 go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom