Songs of Ascent V - The Final Bell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Outland stuff is nonsense BTW. Funny that the site is reporting from the Independent, and it is the text exactly from the independent (mind the shoddy re-translation) just with that line about Outland thrown in at the start... Not even a well-planned fake. You would think that if he said to the Independent that the name of the album was Outland, that that would be the headline, not an incidental piece of info they left out of the story, but the spies from U2Valencia somehow managed to know through long-distance telekinesis...

I understand it may be a traditional April Fool's Day style thing, but these kind of rumours are low. If I receive any death threats over that column I wont leak the album!!!

LOL

Ok, so info we have so far:

We are fairly certain that the album will be called Songs of Ascent, and the recent Independent.ie article refers to a June 2010 release date.

Possible songs:
Every Breaking Wave (Bono has called it the 1st single)
Kingdom of Your Love (band intro song on 360)
Pilgrim's Lack of Progress
Not As Yet
Velvet Heart
House
If I Could Live My Life Again
Songs of Ascent
Anybody is a Star
Mercy
Winter

plus a number of other songs rumoured to have been written during/sice the tour ended, left over from NLOTH hat we dont know about, and older songs such as North Star, Lead Me In the Way I Should Go, Thank You for the Day, A Man's A Man etc...

we clearly have a lot of songs there, add to those the 3 new ones, plus the other new one edge twittered about and they easily have an album, and realistically, if most of those were finished during NLOTH, minor changes done, the recording could be complete mid jan... March may be too early to release, but April-May still isnt off the table

I have a feeling that Kingdom won't be on SOA. A third ("electronic") version of Brothers probably will, though.

And also... Stop (The Poverty!).

They might keep kingdom as the tour intro song, and MAYBE put it on a b-side... but it is too good not to be released

Hmm... the song doesn't particularly thrill me, but I would like to hear a full version of it. And it works great as intro music.

I wonder if U2 will do another world cup promo. If the album is coming out this June it would be during the World Cup.

Maybe they are going to push themselves to make it by that "deadline"

I predict that May or June will come around and Bono will release a statement that they need just a little more time, even though the Edge is spewing liquid molten platinum lava from his guitar shredding, which will turn out to be laid-back riffs with no distortion, causing U2 to take until January of 2013 to continue recording, at which time they will decide that all of it is bunk, fire the producers, ask Chris Thomas and Rick Rubin to come back, record with them for 8 months, decide they really like Steve Lillywhite the best, at which time he will make 40 new mixes of Every Breaking Wave, that will all be scrapped because they found new magical songs that they wrote in one take when they invited Eno back, but not before, at which time they will scrap all of that because Edge lost his molten lava, ending with a punk record of covers, co-recorded with Green Day, arriving in stores on December 1, 2029. :wink:

I predict that May or June will come around and Bono will release a statement that they need just a little more time, even though the Edge is spewing liquid molten platinum lava from his guitar shredding, which will turn out to be laid-back riffs with no distortion, causing U2 to take until January of 2013 to continue recording, at which time they will decide that all of it is bunk, fire the producers, ask Chris Thomas and Rick Rubin to come back, record with them for 8 months, decide they really like Steve Lillywhite the best, at which time he will make 40 new mixes of Every Breaking Wave, that will all be scrapped because they found new magical songs that they wrote in one take when they invited Eno back, but not before, at which time they will scrap all of that because Edge lost his molten lava, ending with a punk record of covers, co-recorded with Green Day, arriving in stores on December 1, 2029. :wink:

your forgetting the obvious, um, the world is going to end sometime in 2012. Probably the only reason u2 is in such a hurry to release this thing...

In reality, I think they just may pull off the 2010 mid-year release after all. The signs are more definite and not vague, compared to previous situations. Plus, I think they want to be sure they can justify continuing the largest tour they'ver ever done, and I bet they want something new out next year to renew interest in the general public so the concert attendance doesn't dwindle down to just the hardcore fanbase.

In reality, I think they just may pull off the 2010 mid-year release after all. The signs are more definite and not vague, compared to previous situations. Plus, I think they want to be sure they can justify continuing the largest tour they'ver ever done, and I bet they want something new out next year to renew interest in the general public so the concert attendance doesn't dwindle down to just the hardcore fanbase.

i really feel like they will. Otherwise i dont see any reason to have put the tour on hold for 8 months.

Beach clips please!

Meanwhile, somewhere in a studio.

:edge: Well that's a hard day's work finished, what are you gonna be doing now, Bono?
:bono: I'm gonna blast out the new album on my BRAND NEW stereo.
:edge: Okay, you do that.
:bono: :whistle: STOP!!! THE PAAAUUUUVAAARRRTTTTEEEEE!!! GET DAUWHN ON YAWWWW NEEEEEZZZ!!! MAAAHHHH BLEEEEEDDDUUUUHHHHNNN HAAAAAARRRRRTTTT!!! :whistle:
:bono: I sure hope someone records this. :hyper:
:paul: BOOOOHHHHNNNNO!!!! Don't tell me you're trying to get people to record this outside of the studio? WE'LL BE LOSING MONEY!!!
:bono: But I'm just spreading the love together WIV 'N' IMPAWTARNT MESSIDGE! :angry:

I've just seen what was posted at the end of the previous thread and I would like to explain a few things I've read about U2Valencia article and some comments that followed:

The main part of the article is just the translation I made for another web of the Irish Independent article on St. Stephens Day, but I have nothing to do with the last part, it was just a hoax the Valencian web played because yesterday it was Los Santos Inocentes, just like April's Fools Day, but I didn't know they were going to publish my translation, and, of course I had no idea that they were going to insert a hoax in it.

It was not U2Valencia or U2Miracle who created all the mess we had around NLOTH and its leaking, it was Eastlink, another Spanish web together with the American atu2.

I'm sorry if anyone has felt disappointed for all of this, as I said it was just a traditional Christmas joke.

still, neither funny nor constructive... just... sad I suppose.

Plenty of other things, and when you are communicating on a global scale, I would suggest that the goings on of an Irish band shouldnt be fodder for a tradition that is contained to one culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom