Something new on the horizon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
now who are you guys? where's slimongi? are you all slimongi? is slimongi not a person, but a type of being?

if it's a brand new single, he's probably referring to the physical release date, which is usually a couple weeks to a month after the song is released to radio. so we might hear it in May.

let the speculation begin....

normally, i don't believe people i don't know, but the French seem to always come through. i actually have no doubts that this is correct.

u think this is going to be a 1 off single or the single for an album that will be out later in the summer/fall - i hope this

I thought things were already a bit odd, but this takes the cake! New single in June makes sense to launch the next leg of the tour, tour DVD to capture the first couple of legs which would also hype relaunch and setup another tour DVD, but AB reissue this year, why not in 2011 to mark 20 years and an album after the tour??? Although it does make sense, xmas season, 4Q release and maybe they would play some songs live during the tour to test the reaction, interesting, but this is uncharted U2 territory if true!!! :applaud:

I find the idea of releasing a DVD of a tour thats not even half over to be some kind of a commercial fraud,if you ask me.I know they did this for the Vertigo tour,but at least it was near the end of the tour itself.

what sticks out to me is if U2 actually releases a new album late this year, are they going to extend the 360 Tour into 2011? maybe the Southern Hemisphere?

what sticks out to me is if U2 actually releases a new album late this year, are they going to extend the 360 Tour into 2011? maybe the Southern Hemisphere?

maybe they would - that stage is very expensive not to utilize in the future

That would rock everybody's world and would make sense, talk about a crazy 2009-2011 if that happens, we might not get anything else new until 2013 or 2014 at that point, but I think the guys realize the next 10 years are probably the last shebang so I think they're going for it!:hyper: :hyper:

That would rock everybody's world and would make sense, talk about a crazy 2009-2011 if that happens, we might not get anything else new until 2013 or 2014 at that point, but I think the guys realize the next 10 years are probably the last shebang so I think they're going for it!:hyper: :hyper:

lol! Everyone always thinks U2 is almost finished......except U2! :wink:

But, with all of the material we know they've been recording, I actually expect a lot of material over the next 2 years.

maybe they would - that stage is very expensive not to utilize in the future

Yep.

No way possible the biggest production ever put together would only be used on 4 relatively short legs, 3 and 4 repeating the same continents.

They have to get some more mileage out of this, and just common sense says they will, never mind a pretty solid rumor that another album will be here by the end of 2010.

lol! Everyone always thinks U2 is almost finished......except U2! :wink:

But, with all of the material we know they've been recording, I actually expect a lot of material over the next 2 years.

No way shape or form do I think they're finished, I just think at some point (probably within the last couple of years) they realize there's only so much time left, they are the last of the rock stars and Adam is 50 (gulp!!, can't be true, must mean I'm getting old too! :)

They're trying to keep things a surprise with this new release, but it's hard to do with all of us crazies out there!!!!!!

I still remember when Guns N Roses released "You Could Be Mine" like 6 or 9 months before Use Your Illusion, but it was still on the album. Maybe U2 will do something like that?

And.... I have to think the odds of a couple real B-sides is raised in a situation like this....

I still remember when Guns N Roses released "You Could Be Mine" like 6 or 9 months before Use Your Illusion, but it was still on the album. Maybe U2 will do something like that?

And.... I have to think the odds of a couple real B-sides is raised in a situation like this....

Would be exciting, an actual single with real b-sides and not remixes or live tracks + another album late in the yr!!! :hyper:

This would be great news. So that video shoot in Holland is for the new single I guess?
The only part I don't like is: album not till fall. That's a lot of time to change the plan and rework it again and again and again...

this is the exact quote :

- 360 ° Tour DVD to be released on May 21st, in 4 different formats.

- A new song should be released as a single in June, No album before fall, at least.

- A remastered version of Achtung Baby will be released in September.

- U2 would project to rework some of their songs for an album on its own

no details about the single itself, nor if the DVD is the Passadena show, abslolutly no information about some rumored april gig

:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom