SOI Promotional Apearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 BOOKED FOR BBC'S THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW
Posted: October 08, 2014
By: Matt McGee
Thx to @U2 reader Jacqui H. for pointing us toward The Graham Norton Show's website, where U2 is listed as a guest/performer for the show that's happening on Friday, October 17. Down in the show notes, it says that U2 will be "chatting and performing their new single, 'The Miracle of (Joey Ramone),' [sic] from their new album, Songs of Innocence." The program airs on BBC One beginning at 10:35 pm.

So thats u2 on jools holland on tuesday night,u2 on jo whiley on wednesday night then jools and graham on the friday night

U2 = BBC!!!!

If just noticed the Jools Holland shows are a week after Jo's and the Graham Norton show

No doubt there will be complaints about U2 being all over the BBC even though it's a handful of shows....

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Might get a clue from the Jools show about what they're itching to play live, assuming Miracle is played that leaves what...? Two new live things potentially? Or it could be awful and we get a version of Miami played by U2 on dustbins accompanied by Jools' "hilarious" boogie-woogie piano he's done on every show for the last 150 years

Regarding the Jools Holland performance; I'm going to predict these:

1 - The Miracle...
2 - Song for Someone
3 - TIWYCRMN

Or they will finish off with a classic but who knows. Looking forward to it though.

Great. I cant wait to hear them in Jools Holland show.
This ought to be interesting, if they play some songs in acoustic style.
I doubt they will play acoustic.
Todays crowd wants more rocking songs
with a hard beat. Acoustic songs are for camping and sitting around the
campfire roasting marshmellows :D Live Television demands noise and
publicity. Its all ZOO-TV time.

I haven´t heard or read anything yet. I guess because it is still Thursday.
The publicity machine should be kicking in into full speed by this Saturday or Sunday
to sell the new double record to the public.

I will post any news I may find here.

I haven´t heard or read anything yet. I guess because it is still Thursday.
The publicity machine should be kicking in into full speed by this Saturday or Sunday
to sell the new double record to the public.

I will post any news I may find here.

True. No SNL host/guest listed yet for October 18th. I'm really hoping for that one!

SNL will probably be off on October 18. They rarely do 4 weeks of live shows in a row. But October 25 or November 1 would be great.
I'd love to see Bill Murray host whichever night they are on.

Oh yeah, Bill Murray! :applaud: That would be a perfect show.
The SNL producers should get the old gang back together for one more show.
So many of the great comics who really made SNL come alive are now gone
from this life. I can still remember seeing Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Eddie Murphy
doing their funny stuff together.
U2 could play a part in their show too.

Oh yeah, Bill Murray! :applaud: That would be a perfect show.
The SNL producers should get the old gang back together for one more show.
So many of the great comics who really made SNL come alive are now gone
from this life. I can still remember seeing Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Eddie Murphy
doing their funny stuff together.
U2 could play a part in their show too.

Well it is SNL's 40th season, and they're having a 40th anniversary special in February. I doubt U2 would be a part of that, but that would definitely qualify as "getting the gang back together"!

They've done stuff like this. It would be cooler if it was live, so they didn't have a chance to prepare and rehearse their answers.

Back
Top Bottom