SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seriously thinking about it. Apple has to make shit so hard sometimes like not being able to treat the iPhone like a hard drive or not adding an sd card slot for extra space etc etc. And now the prices are crazy! Ive about had it with Apple despite being a user since iPhones bisicaly came out.
Its great hardware, but you named the two reasons why I never got one

Oh gosh no! That’s not what I was asking for, but I suppose I was vague in my question. There had been well over 1000+ replies to the prior thread and this thread combined, and I am in no position to listen to a leak, so I was simply wondering if any non-leak news had bubbled up amongst the leakage.

We have all been too busy enjoying the album. :applaud:

I can just imagine Edge going walkabout to the b stage as he starts up again after the bridge on the summer of love

Link dead. Please help?

All,

Agonizing here. The WeTransfer link is officially dead... and checking and viewing 66 pages of leak conversation is killing me!

Can someone help out please?

It's been a comedy of errors in pursuing this leak... which began with me first discovering that my login here at U2Interference was culled (life took my attention elsewhere for too long apparently)... and looking through 66+ pages in this forum thread (i've scanned the last 30+) has not proven fruitful.

However, the banter i'm viewing here has me giddy with anticipation. Sounds like we may have another bonafide U2 masterpiece on our hands?

Also, I'm still seeing nothing on the mainstream torrent sites either... and i've been looking for a few days.

Help? Please?

Thanks! :hyper: :applaud:

Really? As far I can tell almost everyone in EYKIW like SOI. I actually thought that Digitize and I were the only ones who didn't.

I like it, it's in the upper half of their catalogue for me, but it's not premier in my book. I like 3 or 4 tracks, loathe a couple, and think the rest are fine. Nothing I love, but good effort and some throwbacks to sounds of theirs I like.

The two albums that confound me are Bomb and NLOTH. Bomb for how much I just don't get it (or like it) and how adored it is by critics and others, and NLOTH for how fully opposite it ended up from where the band started. I love parts of it but man, so much of a tonal rollercoaster. To each their own.

All,

Agonizing here. The WeTransfer link is officially dead... and checking and viewing 66 pages of leak conversation is killing me!

Can someone help out please?

It's been a comedy of errors in pursuing this leak... which began with me first discovering that my login here at U2Interference was culled (life took my attention elsewhere for too long apparently)... and looking through 66+ pages in this forum thread (i've scanned the last 30+) has not proven fruitful.

However, the banter i'm viewing here has me giddy with anticipation. Sounds like we may have another bonafide U2 masterpiece on our hands?

Also, I'm still seeing nothing on the mainstream torrent sites either... and i've been looking for a few days.

Help? Please?

Thanks! :hyper: :applaud:
It took me 2mins to find a link on this thread!

Way too much gushing here.

It’s an honest assessment by most of us. The album is fantastic, and has a ton of variety. Bono’s voice sounds amazing. My initial reaction to SOI was that it was just “decent”, although it did grow on me. SOE doesn’t have to.

I have to give them credit for the tracklisting, too. I love the breezy, summery songs in the middle of the album, that eventually lead to the heavier and more emotional themes in the last half of the album. And damn, it takes some guts to have such a triumphant, hopeful song like LIBTAIIW transition to such a dark and even slightly disturbing piece such as 13. That took guts, I think.

Due respect...

For all those asking for links, it's very easy to get one. Read the thread.

Due respect? Re-read the thread.. the last 30+ pages of it at least. The only link I found (WeTransfer) is dead... removed.

Will read all 66+ pages now looking for an alternative.

However, in lieu of that, a share please?

Thanks.

The two albums that confound me are Bomb and NLOTH. Bomb for how much I just don't get it (or like it) and how adored it is by critics and others, and NLOTH for how fully opposite it ended up from where the band started. I love parts of it but man, so much of a tonal rollercoaster. To each their own.

Since when has Bomb been adored by critics?.....(or the latter?)

Early listens of this certainly have me feeling its at least as good as All That You Can't Leave Behind which many people consider the 3rd classic so I would rate this right up there. I think playing Joshua Tree night after night must have inspired them to take a step back and finish this album properly and I think they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom