SOE 34: If there is a leak, don't let it go unheard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That feeling you have when you are 3 bottles of wine in and everything makes sense. Then you wake up and wonder wtf you did. Now Guy O shows up at your door and says Rob you have some splaining to do!!!

Haha! You guys are right. Yeah I did rant a little. I do sincerely apologize. I love interference and been coming on here for years obtaining a lot of great things for my personal collection. The U2 fan community on here has been outstanding. Honestly I just got tired of getting 200messages requesting the album... well that and getting locked down by Facebook for streaming and warned as well. I should have expected it. Friday was a great time spending it with you guys I will never forget that night. . Again everyone sorry for the rant. Smee was right and I tip my hat off to you sir. If anyone wants the album I’ll be more than happy to send you a link on FB messenger. Peace and respect... Rob G

Last edited:
Haha! You guys are right. Yeah I did rant a little. I do sincerely apologize. I love interference and been coming on here for years obtaining a lot of great things for my personal collection. The U2 fan community on here has been outstanding. Honestly I just got tired of getting 200messages requesting the album... well that and getting locked down by Facebook for streaming and warned as well. I should have expected it. Friday was a great time spending it with you guys I will never forget that night. . Again everyone sorry for the rant. Smee was right and I tip my hat off to you sir. If anyone wants the album I’ll be more than happy to send you a link on FB messenger. Peace and respect... Rob G

Good stuff Rob - I’m sure EVERYONE appreciates your stream, and the apology is certainly appreciated too.

Let’s all move on and enjoy the record!

Much love. Thanks for the listen

First listen done just the tracks I haven't heard. Has a total get home from a night out feel to it. Love it. Now time to relisten as an album piece.

Just make an itunes playlist and you should be able to answer it on your iPhone.

I think I am going to be on U2 overload for awhile.....but its certainly a satisfying addiction and this album brings out the best in the band.

This is a lot better than what I was expecting due to the singles.

Little Things probably the highlight. They certainly did the song justice. Also a big fan of the subdued opening track. It's the first time U2 has done that right?

For criticism, I'd say that some songs feel a bit rushed. Some tracks could definitely be a bit longer.

Really looking forward to hearing the HQ rip tonight. Also, I think it’s time for all songs to get their own threads, right?

I'm one of the rarer folks here who likes SOI, but the two albums seem so different to me.....I have to listen to them back to back to see how that works.

Get an Android

I am seriously thinking about it. Apple has to make shit so hard sometimes like not being able to treat the iPhone like a hard drive or not adding an sd card slot for extra space etc etc. And now the prices are crazy! Ive about had it with Apple despite being a user since iPhones bisicaly came out.

Last edited:
This is a lot better than what I was expecting due to the singles.

Little Things probably the highlight. They certainly did the song justice. Also a big fan of the subdued opening track. It's the first time U2 has done that right?

For criticism, I'd say that some songs feel a bit rushed. Some tracks could definitely be a bit longer.

I think they purposely kept the songs short - we live in a world of instant gratification now :)

#1, thanks to who ever did the CD quality rips even though I already knew I loved this CD from the low quality stream but this is just GREAT like the old days with Interference leaks (I once hosted a bunch on my personal web server, I think from ATYCLB)..

#2 This album is nothing like I have been hearing from official reviews, no, Red Flag Day doesn't sound like Out of Control AT ALL. It's more mellower but the album as a whole is BEAUTIFUL. Moving. Intense.

#3 It's funny that some of the words that come to mind with this album are those I think of with fine wines, earthy and organic come to mind

#4 This is such a mixed bag, the first official songs are not representative of the rest of the album...but I like it all

#5 Bono sounds GREAT

#6 U2 is atmospheric once again

#7 Little Things album version is sooooo awesome!

#8 Reminds me a little of Seconds from War, In A Little While & Wild Honey from ATYCLB, also it makes me think of "A Man And A Woman" from HTDAAB, some of the mood from UF, there is like something here from each U2 era - American Soul to HTDAAB, The Blackout to AB, etc etc yet this sounds like none of them. And it reminds me of harmonious beach 70s music, I feel like I could drive up the PCH from Santa Monica to Ventura County with the top down blasting this album and it would fit.

#9 It is perfect grown up U2

#10 I am happy with this, I am a U2 fan since 1983 and an mature and rational enough to know they will never sound like that again, I've known this all my life and they rarely disappoint me so I am more than content.

I share many of your thoughts. I also am a U2 fan from when October came out.

I just want to add to your list that Adam is killing it in this album....more than I can remember in a long time.

ditto on looking for the CD quality rip (this link doesn't seem to work: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/79e...6130928/caeca0). Also, as much as I love Little Things, I don't like the fact that they cut the chorus short after the first verse in the album version (stops after the lyric "big mouth in the way") Love how the live versions for before gave that beautiful chorus its just due two times.

Please folks. I’ve hosted a lot of files the past few months. Now I need a favor. Please supply me with a working link!!!

Thanks!!

Just listened to the bonus tracks and like SOI, don’t consider these to be b-sides, pretty damn good and just extensions of the album proper. WOW! Will be curious to see if we just get remixes or more extras and we know there are leftovers from these sessions which should make a great jumping off point for the next album.

But seriously, I think Interference should give itself a hand. Thank you guys. This has been an Experience... possibly my favourite pre album buildup and it just wouldn't have been the same without Interference, not by a long shot.

There has been joy to find others thinking the same about songs, slight consternation (passing) at some trashing the material that I liked but I wouldn't have it any other way. And also, apologies for my part in briefly turning this into a cricket (no, not the insect) forum.

By the way, where is Axver?

Have enjoyed the buildup and the fun, son.

Oh, my heart :heart:

I loved SOI, each tune was solid (and why Crystal Ballroom was left off I'll never understand). However as much as I loved SOI, I felt it was lacking the space, the atmosphere that we've had on past U2 albums.

SOE has it in spades. I was a bit worried by the singles, though I enjoyed them and they were catchy, they didn't *grab* me emotionally the way I want U2 songs to. I felt they were trying too hard to be mainstream, yet again.

I know it's painfully cliche around here, but SOE is full of soul. A wounded, matured soul with a greater sense of perspective. It is a perfect companion to SOI, you can really see/hear what the band was trying to achieve with these two.

I could easily gush more, but I'm looking forward to see how this album continues to grow and evolve over the next few months and years.

Couldn't be happier to be part of the U2 fam :wave:

Seriously my exact feelings in every way. Love both my SOU and SOE.
Just need the cd rip. Hint hint people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom