SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
companion albums. They make musical or lyrical connections to each other. Kinda cool. Definitely shaping up to be a real "pair of albums" that fit together than two totally separate ideas.

Indeed.

Graham Norton: Careful observers have noted that some of the songs on your new record sound remarkably similar to those on the last one, and that this is a deliberate choice rather than artistic malaise. In other words, rather than simply being uninspired and repetitive, you've created a kind of "tone poem" wherein the themes and sounds recur in similar form, a technique used to some success of course by William Blake and George Lucas.

Thus what sounds the same is in fact not. Your thoughts?

Bono: That works. Also Trump.

Last edited:
2 total tickets. 2 for one show, or 1 ticket for 2 shows.

Same as I&E was. Stadium shows tend to be 4 tix with code, arenas are 2 (at least last few tours).

2 tickets for 1 show or 1 each for 2 separate shows

Pretty sure it's 2 tickets total in the presale for subscribers.

That is if you're selected by TM to purchase tickets before the presale.. Hate this stupid Verified Fan bs.

How can this be the same as i&e? For that tour I was able to buy 2 tickets for one night and 1 ticket for another. That's 3 total via the presale. Anyone else get more than 2 back then?

How can this be the same as i&e? For that tour I was able to buy 2 tickets for one night and 1 ticket for another. That's 3 total via the presale. Anyone else get more than 2 back then?

I dunno, maybe you're just lucky. I remember it being a total of 2, because I remember people complaining about it.

I'll order the deluxe when it's on Amazon. I don't trust U2.com/fanfire to get it to me on release day.

For those of us outside of the US, do we still need to create a NA Ticketmaster Account to get the news about pre-sales? I've completed the mobile phone setup, but says setup is complete due to the TA thing.

I dunno, maybe you're just lucky. I remember it being a total of 2, because I remember people complaining about it.

Yes, I think you lucked out. I think the deal was that you could get up to 2 tickets by presale (1 ticket for 2 separate shows or 2 tickets to the same show) and if you tried to use your code to get more presale tickets you run the risk of some or all tickets being cancelled

For those of us outside of the US, do we still need to create a NA Ticketmaster Account to get the news about pre-sales? I've completed the mobile phone setup, but says setup is complete due to the TA thing.

I've just done it anyway. Takes two seconds to set up a North American account. Just wanted the completed set up on my account info :)

I've just done it anyway. Takes two seconds to set up a North American account. Just wanted the completed set up on my account info :)

Thanks, just wasn't sure what the deal was, especially as there's also the presale deal with ordering the album in advance too.

Bit academic anyway as the site keeps timing out!

Last edited:
Typical u2.com trying to pre order the box set and the site just won't load :) :) that site really is a sack of shit isn't it :)

Thanks, just wasn't sure what the deal was, especially as there's also the presale deal with ordering the album in advance too.

Bit academic anyway as the site keeps timing out!

More or less certain we don't need it but it just puts my mind at rest :)

I was frankly (and perhaps naively) expecting something more mature. If this ends up being simply a second collection of forgettable pop songs, I'll consider it another step back for the band and a huge disappointment.

SOI was something far, far beyond "a collection of forgettable pop songs" for me and millions of others.

What has me excited is the fact I am enjoying the songs so far. Usually I like 2-3 songs on each album better than the ones they release. If this is the case with SOE then it will rank up there with my favorites!!

maybe it's my headphones, but I feel like the guitar and drums are very muted on Blackout.

Like SOI, the direction of the production seems to showcase Bono and Adam. Edge and Larry are in the background. Though to be fair, a lot of Larry's drumming has always been silent in production

maybe it's my headphones, but I feel like the guitar and drums are very muted on Blackout.

Like SOI, the direction of the production seems to showcase Bono and Adam. Edge and Larry are in the background. Though to be fair, a lot of Larry's drumming has always been silent in production

Totally agreed. Love the song but dislike the production. The live version was so good because the drums were ripping and Edge’s guitar was louder in the mix.

So far I haven’t gotten the “less produced” vibe they were allegedly going for... hell I think it’s gone backwards since SOI even though the hooks are much better.

Totally agreed. Love the song but dislike the production. The live version was so good because the drums were ripping and Edge’s guitar was louder in the mix.

So far I haven’t gotten the “less produced” vibe they were allegedly going for... hell I think it’s gone backwards since SOI even though the hooks are much better.

Thats because Tedder is the most prominent advisor now. He’s like the Steve Bannon of the u2 administration- an unwelcome but undeniable influence in the direction of the sound.

SOI was something far, far beyond "a collection of forgettable pop songs" for me and millions of others.

I really enjoyed it. For sure doesn’t have as many high points as other albums but definitely not as many low points either. I also consider EBW to be one of their best tunes.

Agree with others The Blackout is great but wish it had the punch of the live version. Guitars too low in the mix.

Agree with others The Blackout is great but wish it had the punch of the live version. Guitars too low in the mix.

Is there any u2 song on record better then the live version ? Can't think of any of the top of my head. U2 take this songs and make them 100 times better live. That goes for any u2 song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom