SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American Soul is awesome. I think people are underestimating the term COMPANION album. I doubt this will be the only song that shares sounds and themes with SOI.

American soul is great but I agree with the poster above that if volcano didn't exist then this would be one hell of a track.

I went into American Soul with low expectations, I mean that song title alone was cringe. However, I don't hate it.

As others have said, if Volcano didn't exist, I'd probably dig it more. However, it isn't like U2 are the only band to ever have self-plagerized or used bits from other songs. It's like 24 seconds or so of Volcano that is reused here (the bridge). It is mean to be a companion album after all. I like the fuzz guitar a lot. If you like when U2 does rock songs, you may dig this. Albeit, not HTDAAB rawk. The Jacknife Lee sound is felt, so maybe he produced this track? It sounds a bit more raw than the other songs, so maybe Lilywhite had a go here too.

The lyrics, I'll have to spend more time with, but musically, it sounds nothing like what was featured on Kendrick Lamar's XXX (which I really liked).

I imagine when they play this live, they'll do some segue/mashup with Volcano, since it would make sense, plus this is a companion album. I just wish this album had come out a lot sooner, because the companion thing may not be as fresh now, since it will be a three year-old tour at this point. But as I didn't get to see I&E, I will very much take an opportunity to try and see this tour (as nearly everyone I knew who saw it, raved about it). U2 can still pack a punch live.

Albeit someone mentioned they're not playing in the round, so I'm not sure what to make of that. I assumed the set up would be very similar, but who knows? It's U2, so they probably have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Last edited:
Is there really a page where I can listen to the 30 second clips of the rest of this probable tragedy? After hearing these songs I don't think I'm spoiling anything for myself rather just getting it over with.

Yeah - The 'experience' theme wasn't strong in what we had heard so far, so the sonic tie-ins are working for me.

I was frankly (and perhaps naively) expecting something more mature. If this ends up being simply a second collection of forgettable pop songs, I'll consider it another step back for the band and a huge disappointment.

I was frankly (and perhaps naively) expecting something more mature. If this ends up being simply a second collection of forgettable pop songs, I'll consider it another step back for the band and a huge disappointment.

They are saving that for Songs of Ascent :wink:

Besides GOOYOW seguing into American Soul I have a feeling the (unknown) album version of Best Thing will segue into GOOYOW.

They are saving that for Songs of Ascent :wink:

:)

mmybLw.gif

Presale tickets have been two total for arena shows, four total for stadium shows

Guessing its two total for as many as two shows, if need be.

U2 > Help

How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?
Verified U2.com Subscriber can purchase 2 tickets for any U2eiTour show(s)

This is still confusing. And that link is dead. So can I get 4 tickets total, 2 for each show? Or only 2 total for a single show?

2 total tickets. 2 for one show, or 1 ticket for 2 shows.

Same as I&E was. Stadium shows tend to be 4 tix with code, arenas are 2 (at least last few tours).

Amercan soul started very cool.... and then the same you are rock'n'roll.... wtf is wrong with them! :huh:

companion albums. They make musical or lyrical connections to each other. Kinda cool. Definitely shaping up to be a real "pair of albums" that fit together than two totally separate ideas.

This is still confusing. And that link is dead. So can I get 4 tickets total, 2 for each show? Or only 2 total for a single show?

Pretty sure it's 2 tickets total in the presale for subscribers.

That is if you're selected by TM to purchase tickets before the presale.. Hate this stupid Verified Fan bs.

Anyone know if GA is credit card entry again? I don't know if the move to Verified Fan means the tickets are tied to the purchaser's card or if they're now allowing physical tickets.

I really miss having stubs to collect! CC entry should come with a little collectible lanyard or something..

Albeit someone mentioned they're not playing in the round, so I'm not sure what to make of that. I assumed the set up would be very similar, but who knows? It's U2, so they probably have a few tricks up their sleeves.

That might be one venue in particular. It looks like it's in the round in (not)Atlanta.

18-05-28-U2-f9973510b4_zps1bzqvpuu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom