SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
Exactly! The first half is quite slow which is why the song is not single material.

Just because a song is slow doesent mean it wont be a single. Look we still havent havent heard the studio version either.

If it is going to be a single, how long untill it be released?

Was this article posted? Bono says U2’s next single inspired by Eamon Dunphy

Bono also revealed that their next single - which may not be released until next year - was directly inspired by sports pundit Eamon Dunphy.

“Eamon said this beautiful thing about me once in a bar in Dublin - he said “Bono, Ali is the best thing about you,” referring to Bono’s wife Ali Hewson.

“So the song is called ‘You’re The Best Thing About Me’.

I don't think they will, no.

I think it could have been close, and Bono went to extreme and vulnerable places to write this song - that may have involved him excepting it could be the end.
Because the rawwwk first singles have done so well the past two albums...

Here's the only thing the single needs to be successful... it needs to be good.

Zero to none. They haven't rehearsed any songs other than those played, and it seems this song and it's place in the set are very deliberate - closer with the nice build it has, lyrical content and the image on the screen so they end the show with a firm nod towards he future.

I like that you posted this only for them to play two tour debuts just a few hours later.

Like I said in the other thread, we're going to hear a lot of assumptions thrown around the next few months. The band loves throwing diversions out there. The fact that Bono said that the new song was from Songs Of Experience at the concert Friday night would suggest that they're not going to wait another year, but who knows. I wouldn't get too hyper over this article though.

Ok well its interesting times really and quite unpredictable whats going to happen after these current joshua tree shows.

Do they continue the joshua tree tour to south america, australia etc.??

Do they launch SOE and tour south america, australia etc..???

Surely they wouldnt tour usa and europe yet again and miss out south america, australia, asia etc.

Here is another piece of info

I asked him what’s the latest with Songs Of Experience — the U2 album that was "held" because it was written before Donald Trump moved the world on its axis when he was elected President.

“If it was me, we would be playing it now,” Bono answered. “It is pretty much done. It is a pretty special piece of work. I think it might have benefited from the pause that we took. “
Has it been rewritten?

“Things have changed on it, yeah,” Bono said. “It had to happen. Because our songs are stories, breaking news as well as anything else; what is going on in our own lives, what’s going on in the world — U2 always came out of that. And the whole world changed . We didn’t want to be like Y2K! Then fuck ! Nothing happened!” Bono laughed.

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...trump-is-not-welcome-at-us-gigs-35715434.html

Last edited:

I asked him what’s the latest with Songs Of Experience — the U2 album that was "held" because it was written before Donald Trump moved the world on its axis when he was elected President.

“If it was me, we would be playing it now,” Bono answered. “It is pretty much done. It is a pretty special piece of work. I think it might have benefited from the pause that we took. “
Has it been rewritten?

“Things have changed on it, yeah,” Bono said. “It had to happen. Because our songs are stories, breaking news as well as anything else; what is going on in our own lives, what’s going on in the world — U2 always came out of that. And the whole world changed . We didn’t want to be like Y2K! Then fuck ! Nothing happened!” Bono laughed.

Bono reveals new song is inspired by Eamon Dunphy and says Donald Trump is not welcome at US gigs - Independent.ie

Do they not have a proofreader at that paper? Multiple mistakes, sloppy work.

Do they not have a proofreader at that paper? Multiple mistakes, sloppy work.

Sadly, that's a lot of news articles these days, even from the well-known newspapers and TV channels. I usually see typos or other mistakes in the article and, from time to time, pointed them out in the comments section to hopefully motivate people to spell-check and proofread more. Even just once before publication would catch nearly all of them!

Has it been rewritten?

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...trump-is-not-welcome-at-us-gigs-35715434.html

That just makes things even more confusing!!!, will it be out this year?

I can't tell you how many Irish news sites in the last few days that have mentioned Songs of Innocence said it was released in 2015.

It literally takes 2 seconds to Google it. Put in some damn effort!

I still think it's horse shit that they used Trump to blame pausing the album. Unless there was some tie in with Hillary winning and the empowerment of women. They weren't ready to release it and they had a cash cow of a tour sitting right in front of them.

Last edited:
They're going to release 1 new song a week and then the whole album comes out in late July.

Why won't you people admit that it's possible? It's only 10:00 PST and Monday is still likely!

Back
Top Bottom