Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug:

Kitty's Back is almost as bad. :shifty:

actually, it was pretty great. the show, that is. and i confess to enjoying "kitty's back." he played for a solid 2:45 and his energy -- and biceps -- were noticeably improved from 2007. my complaint was that i preferred the 2007 setlist because i actually like a lot of "Magic," and he played some "Tunnel of Love" stuff that i'd never heard live before. i was also way, way up there maybe 5 rows from the top, so the sound gets muddy (and i couldn't blame all of that on Patty).

all that said, it was a customarily superb show, and i'm pretty amazed at the actual individual musical capabilities of each of the band members, and i'm also amazed at how Bruce continues to make it all look spontaneous and how thunderous his speechifyin' is. other observations:

1. i have as much stage presence as Patti
2. she was notably egregious in "Kingdom of Days" which, as headache noted in another thread, is when everyone goes to the bathroom
3. the whole sign-setlist thing is genius
4. the lighting and stage setup is archaic
5. i generally don't like DC audiences since it's all "important" people who were given tickets as a favor
6. Born To Run = Where The Streets Have No Name
7. The Rising = Beautiful Day
8. "Hard Times" from 1855 might have been the best song of the night
9. the men at this show were shockingly hot -- where did they all come from?
10. every time i see him i am reminded that he's an incredible guitarist
11. "No Surrender" kills me for deeply personal reasons
12. i thought i would use "outlaw pete" to hit the men's room, but it was so good that i stayed and went during "little latin lupe lu"

so rumor is that he's back in the fall? i certainly hope so.

here was the setlist:

1. Badlands
2. No Surrender
3. Outlaw Pete
4. She's The One
5. Working On A Dream
6. Seeds
7. Johnny 99
8. Ghost of Tom Joad
9. Raise Your Hand
10. Out In The Street (sign request)
11. LIittle Latin Lupe Lu (tour premire, sign request)
(with a snippet of Hava Nagilah).
12.. Blinded By The Light (tour premiere, sign request)
13. Waitin On A Sunny Day
14. The Promised Land
15. The Wrestler
16. Kingdom of Days
17. Radio Nowhere
18. Lonesome Day
19. The Rising
20. Born To Run

Encores:
21. Hard Times
22. Kitty's Back
23. Land of Hope & Dreams
24. American Land
(Hail to the chief riff)
25. Rosalita (request sign: "Obama called and wants Rosie")

I'd take a bathroom break during Kitty's Back. It's so long, I could take, like, 20 bathroom breaks during it.

:drool:

Yes, plz.

Can I just say it really pisses me off (and I realize this is kind of an irrational response) when someone - and there's always at least once - just cannot believe that anyone would dare to take a bathroom break during a U2 concert. Like we're some sort of lesser fan - nay, a lesser human - because we don't have such masterful control over our bodily functions and have bladders of steel.

Kiss my ass teeny-tiny bladder.

:drool:

Yes, plz.

Can I just say it really pisses me off (and I realize this is kind of an irrational response) when someone - and there's always at least once - just cannot believe that anyone would dare to take a bathroom break during a U2 concert. Like we're some sort of lesser fan - nay, a lesser human - because we don't have such masterful control over our bodily functions and have bladders of steel.

Kiss my ass teeny-tiny bladder.

i've seen Shuttlecock 8 times and not once taken a bathroom break.

except maybe once, the first Philly show, but that was because i was uncharacteristically drunk.

I've never, ever taken a bathroom break during a concert because I make sure I don't drink anything beforehand.

Also, whenever I'm in a GA line with friends that are GA newbies, I instruct them all to do their business before the doors open, because once we're on the floor, it's hard to find your way back during a concert.

I only go if I absolutely have to. In GA if I'm up close, I go as many times as I can before it gets too crowded, and limit my liquids for hours leading up to the show.

I left one time while seated, but that's what I get for having alcohol before the show.

The other time I left was when I was standing in the back of the floor, and Bullet came on, and I realized it was the perfect time to go and buy the tour program I'd promised a coworker I'd get for her because a) I didn't want to hear the song; and b) I knew there would be no one else out there.

Yeah, I can usually make it through the show fine. But don't look at me with all that appalled horror and judgey disdain because *gasp* I'd rather be comfortable with an empty bladder than uncomfortable and unable to concentrate on anything except how badly I have to pee.

Yes, I can bear to miss two minutes of a U2 concert. I'm such a bad fan. :sad:

Today is apparently my day to get irrationally angry over stupid shit on the internet.

And when I say "the internet," I mean this site.

Today is apparently my day to get irrationally angry over stupid shit on the internet.

political-pictures-al-gore-internet.jpg

:wink:

This site has been causing those types of reactions from me for the past month or two. Not sure what the dealio is.

If I got my tooth prepped yesterday for a crown, it's ok for it to hurt a bit today, right?

I've never had one myself, but I would think that's normal.

This site has been causing those types of reactions from me for the past month or two. Not sure what the dealio is.

I wish I had more of a life so it was easier for me to stay off the site. :reject:

I've been doing better about not being online all night when I get home. We'll see how long that lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom