Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a spoiler.

3800a2a3.png

I will literally die or shed one single tear if that happens in Vancouver. Holy shit. I will also try and take a picture of NSW's reaction, as he is staying spoiler-free.

Fuck the temptation to look is killing me.

What if I read rehearsal spoilers but just don't look at the setlists once the tour actually starts? :hmm:

OHHHHH MY GOOOOOOOOD lT'S VERTIGOOOOOOOO

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

In all seriousness,
ASOH would be the perfect show opener, no? Unless they're set on going with something from the first album.

Of course, maybe the fact that it hasn't been played since 2001 means it's not known enough by the casual fans to open with?

Last edited:
Why does everyone hate Miss Sarajevo so much. I get that it's a weird song to have been done to death (being a regular on Vertigo & 360) but it's a wonderful song and Bono singing the Pavarotti part is absolutely spellbinding, worth the other, somewhat plodding, minutes. At one of the Aus shows he cried during it. It was beautiful.

Even that I don't get, because it's quite a stellar song. Maybe didn't take advantage of the 360 setup? (But they completely botched that anyway.)

In a Little While I can understand - I like that song a lot but there's 50 million I'd rather hear. I'll always take Miss Sarajevo if it's on offer :shrug:

One thing's for sure, I rather hear Miss Sarajevo than Ordinary Love. In that case, they can keep it.

If we get ASOH, OTH and RTSS on the same setlist, I don't care what else they play.

Ok, maybe Bad too.

So this was basically yesterday's setlist:

1. A Sort of Homecoming
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Year's Day
4. MLK
5. Pride

6-16. The Joshua Tree

ENCORE
17. Beautiful Day
18. Ultraviolet
19. One
20. Miss Sarajevo

It's short, and obviously they practiced the new song on the side. I'd have to imagine their plan is to add a couple warhorses on either end of that set. I Will Follow early in the show, Vertigo in the encore, the new song probably in the encore as well. But if that's the framework, that's not a bad start.

A SORT OF HOMECOMING WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

DEAR GOD U2 PLAY IT EVERY NIGHT.

I will literally die or shed one single tear if that happens in Vancouver. Holy shit. I will also try and take a picture of NSW's reaction, as he is staying spoiler-free.

Ohhhhh man. That poor bastard is going to lose it if they do it and he's there.

I wish he and I were going to a show together. We'd never live down the reaction if it got played.

Wow

ASOH is super exciting, the U2 Pessimist in me is reminded of Drowning Man on 360 though so I'm not getting my hopes up too high though

Yep, keep remembering this and being only cautiously optimistic. Hell, in 1992 we would've all been convinced Acrobat was going to open the show after how extensively U2 rehearsed it in Hershey.

Why does everyone hate Miss Sarajevo so much. I get that it's a weird song to have been done to death (being a regular on Vertigo & 360) but it's a wonderful song and Bono singing the Pavarotti part is absolutely spellbinding, worth the other, somewhat plodding, minutes. At one of the Aus shows he cried during it. It was beautiful.

I'm bored of it, and rate about half of Passengers ahead of it. Vertigo was neat but it never needed to come back. Plus it was a little bit stupid not rotating it with RTSS on that tour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom