Shuttlecock VIII: Did We Just Die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my list in no particular order

Bad
Salome
Please
Stay
With or without you
Until the end of the world
Ultraviolet
The unforgettable fire
Dirty day

some great lists in here. they're always hard to compile, but for the record... this is mine. probably. but not in a specific order.

your blue room
zooropa
please
running to stand still
mofo
bad
stay
the wanderer
slug (utterly pretentious pick, but i genuinely love it)
streets
the fly
ultra violet
all i want is you

that list is neither ten songs, nor is it necessarily in order but they're all delicious songs that made u2 one of my favourite bands in the world.

i think it would be easier for me to say that if i don't love every song from pop and earlier, i at least don't mind it. october isn't really my cup of tea, but i appreciate where the band were at the time.

but that said, boy - pop were just loaded with great tunes. i mean look at joshua tree... probably the least loved track on that album would be trip through your wires but even that's quality.

1. Acrobat
2. Out of Control
3. New Year's Day (Kevorkian remix)
4. Exit
5. Wire
6. Until the End of the World
7. Two Hearts Beat as One
8. The Unforgettable Fire
9. Zooropa
10. Mofo

11. New York
12. Electric Co. (live version)
13. Rejoice
14. Surrender
15. One Tree Hill

1. Bad
2. Until the End of the World
3. Please
4. One Tree Hill
5. Zooropa
6. Love Is Blindness
7. Gone
8. Where the Streets Have No Name
9. The Fly
10. Stay
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. New Year's Day
13. All I Want Is You
14. The Troubles
15. Ultraviolet

1. Even Better than the Real Thing
2. Pride
3. Until the End of the World
4. In God's Country
5. Gloria
6. Lemon
7. All I Want is You
8. A Sort of Homecoming
9. Mysterious Ways
10. God Part II

.... AOL.com still exists?

I saw a version of the story that called him "Ireland's whitest export since the potato" and then "the human sunglasses."

Haaaaaaa.

some great lists in here. they're always hard to compile, but for the record... this is mine. probably. but not in a specific order.

your blue room
zooropa
please
running to stand still
mofo
bad
stay
the wanderer
slug (utterly pretentious pick, but i genuinely love it)
streets
the fly
ultra violet
all i want is you

that list is neither ten songs, nor is it necessarily in order but they're all delicious songs that made u2 one of my favourite bands in the world.

Sometimes I say that Slug is my favourite U2 song, and I'm not necessarily 100% joking.

Unranked:

Lemon
Running To Stand Still
Elvis Presley and America
Hawkmoon
The Unforgettable Fire
Please
If You Wear That Velvet Dress
So Cruel
Ultraviolet
Until The End of The World

1. Bad
2. Until the End of the World
3. Please
4. One Tree Hill
5. Zooropa
6. Love Is Blindness
7. Gone
8. Where the Streets Have No Name
9. The Fly
10. Stay
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. New Year's Day
13. All I Want Is You
14. The Troubles
15. Ultraviolet

My list would be remarkably similar to this, almost exactly the same.

If only U2 had a song about a president I could reply with.

Oh, Bono has you covered here. Just another gem from TV Gaga, when he calls out Ronald Reagan during Knocking On Heaven's Door.

Bono actually mentioned this during his stage banter on Saturday. Canter's is pretty iconic around here. He noted that his waitress had been there a very long time.
To clarify, he mentioned eating there, not the tip. That would be tacky.

I am embarrassed that I knew he ate there the night it happened, but someone shared a photo on my Facebook, :lol:.

I also have no idea why a 150 tip is a story. If it had been a thousand, maybe, but, like, it's not like he absolutely changed that woman's life or anything. It was generous, but not like, to the point of awe :lol:

AND RONUHL RAYGUNNAY COMES UP TO MEEEEEEEEEE FACE RED LlKE A ROSE ON A THORN BUSH ... ALL THE COLORS OF GEORGE BUSH ....

Also, random aside: my favorite quirk of Axver's site is that he made Shine Like Stars an official snippet but not Hear Me Coming Lord, for a reason that I only guess is because he doesn't like One.

That's lame as fuck. Especially as the WOWY addition is far less impactful, not to mention some of the most cliche lines Bono's ever come up with.

Axver and I have discussed this many times. He can obviously answer for himself but basically it predates him, and the project to add in hear us coming is just one he hasn't felt up to undertaking.

I wouldn't mind doing it, myself, if I weren't always so damn busy.

Yeah, Ashley's on the money. Shine Like Stars was already there when I came on board in 2005, but fairly inconsistently. Sometime that year I did some very wide snippet-checking of old shows, and in the process added all the missing examples of Shine Like Stars. For some daft fucking reason, I didn't at the time think to add Hear Us Coming, even though I was checking One for all those snippets it has had at the end. I recall having a headdesk moment when I was nearly done going through everything wondering why the hell I'd overlooked that.

I later began preparing a list of examples of Hear Us Coming, sometime during 2009 I think, but I never completed it - and partly I was intimidated by going through five tours of setlists to make this one little change, especially since it was done nearly every show on some of those tours. Fortunately, we've modified the site's backend so that it will be quicker for me to add Hear Us Coming once I have a full list.

One thing holding me back right now is that I really don't know where most of my bootlegs are, and I have almost none from Vertigo onwards. So if any of you really want to see Hear Us Coming on the site and have a shit-tonne of bootlegs and motivation, I'm more than happy to pass on my incomplete list and have it fleshed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom