Shuttlecock! Part XVIII - Like the top of an airborne birdie's head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN0193.jpg

moar construction pr0n :drool:

this thing is gonna be hella-big...
good christ!

Why do I have a feeling I'm going to be sitting in some crappy spot where all I can see are pillars for at least one show?

There was some bitchiness in the tour forum in the stage thread about this. Apparently it's a heinous thing to even be worried about this. How dare you assume Boner and Co. didn't think of this beforehand?

Some people think that they wouldn't have even sold those seats that will be blocked, but I don't have that much faith in the U2 camp or Ticketmaster to assume they planned that far ahead.

(Yeah, that one poster was completely obnoxious about it, but it's a valid concern.)

The feeling is mutual, Bonner!

Speaking of which, I haven't watched the Magnificent video yet, and I think it's been a month and half since I've listened to the album....

:huh:

Not sure what's going on, I like it all, just not in the mood. Kinda burned out quick on it I guess.

There was some bitchiness in the tour forum in the stage thread about this. Apparently it's a heinous thing to even be worried about this. How dare you assume Boner and Co. didn't think of this beforehand?

Some people think that they wouldn't have even sold those seats that will be blocked, but I don't have that much faith in the U2 camp or Ticketmaster to assume they planned that far ahead.

(Yeah, that one poster was completely obnoxious about it, but it's a valid concern.)

I think in the band's mind, as long as the fans can see the video screens, it's good enough. I'm assuming they'll sell every seat in the place whether you can see or not, more or less certain that will happen.

All I know is, I will be extremely pissed off if I'm paying $250 to watch a concert on video screens. Knowing there's nothing I can do about it doesn't change that.

yeah, you can pay $30 or $250 and there is still that chance... I realize that paying $250 should technically minimize that but it's still possible to have a shitty view no matter how much you pay.

I'm going to be an optimist though and say that if you paid $250, you have a 95% of having a good view.

I have to laugh at the visual image of the very end of a claw taking up one spot among the seats. I can picture walking with our little group to our section and find that it's just my seat that's obliterated by the crab.

"..... oh. :sad: "

The Hands That Built The Crab should be broken if a $250 seat is blocked.

i'm trying to look for thematic significance of this whole claw thing, and i can't yet come up with it.

what are they going to tell us about the way that we live now? what insight are Shuttlecock going to shine into our lives? what will we see in the gigantic funhouse mirror they'll hold up so we can all see who we were, who we are, and who we are going to be? how will the connect the dots between seeming opposites to reveal the sublime truth that connects us all in the paralyzing beauty of paradox?

:confused:

I have to laugh at the visual image of the very end of a claw taking up one spot among the seats. I can picture walking with our little group to our section and find that it's just my seat that's obliterated by the crab.

"..... oh. :sad: "

I have a visual image a large amount of profanity coming from my mouth for hours and hours if such a thing happened.

Honestly though, for the expensive seats, I'm kinda thinking we'll be ok. I'm more worried for the cheapo seats I got to Atlanta that are to the side of the stage. They're sorta closer to behind the stage than to the dead side, so I'm starting to worry about why they may have been so cheap....

With tax and surcharges it came to about USD $65 a piece. I'm not sure what that made the printed value, stupid Ticketmaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom