Shuttlecock! Part XI - We've got that swing of confidence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Band? I just like Italian dinosaur cartoons:

2zel1l1.jpg

what's with the pig in the apron in the background?

*waits for Lance's Mom joke*

I just entered a contest through a radio station for a trip down to the Shirley Manson-hosted thing in LA. I don't quite understand what the "thing" is, but I know she's involved as a host.

I think other cities' stations are doing call-in things, but this one required you to answer a bunch of U2 questions. So less about timing, more about your skills with Google, a good guess and some luck.

I admit I had to Google - like I know the name of the church Bono and Ali got married in? But there's one question pretty much everyone will have to guess at, unless they stalk this particular DJ - 'how many times has DJ xxx seen U2 in concert?' I guessed 7.

We'll see!

no copies of the album at the Borders right next door. just the display copy. what gives?

it was sold out at the Starbucks, though. i guess that's a good thing?

i want to add that, like many good things, it's a grower and not a shower. give it a chance and it will expand with every listen.

M I RITE GUYZ!?!?! LOLZ.

Picked up the standard edition at the local independent store for $10, and got a free poster, which I'm betting is the same one that comes with the deluxe edition, which they had for $65.

So for another $55, I could get a DVD that I'll most likely never watch and a nice book that, while I'm sure is well done, wouldn't exactly be something I'd look at a lot.

I'll stick with the $10.

2. Is it just me, or do Bono's shoes get more and more ridiculous each year?

It ain't just you. (I now call them Herman Munster shoes). However, I do not like it when my officemate who calls him Bohnoh makes fun of his shoes. Only we who love him are allowed to make fun of him. :angry:

i want to add that, like many good things, it's a grower and not a shower. give it a chance and it will expand with every listen.

M I RITE GUYZ!?!?! LOLZ.

I think the only song that was a real grower for me was Breathe. It was just so-so at first and then suddenly :ohmy:

Of the other songs that I love, I actually liked them a lot on the first listen and grew to love them more. The other songs I'm not crazy about now I wasn't crazy about on the first listen either.

I actually like everything but just started skipping Stand Up Cock and White as Talcum yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom