September (NOW 23rd) & 24 -- Giants Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. Are you going to NYC (Grand Central), then doing the bus transfer at Penn Station?

No, because my station (Fordham Road) is in city limits, they're not doing the direct service. I'm probably going to take the Subway into Penn Station and then do NJTransit to Secaucus, then transfer to the train to Meadowlands. Hopefully it's not as complex as it suddenly sounds... :shifty:

So let me get this straight...you can line up really early in the morning and not end up close. You can get scanned in and show up a couple of hours before the show and get a great spot. Am I on track?

So let me get this straight...you can line up really early in the morning and not end up close. You can get scanned in and show up a couple of hours before the show and get a great spot. Am I on track?

depends on your version of a good spot. if you come two hours before the show and get scanned in, you will be at the very back of the enclosure - just across from the person who came early and didn't get scanned in.

I would rather have rail on the outside than back of the enclosure on the inside. because when the band comes out, they perform for the fans farther away than those on the inside.

Go by yourself. I wouldn't miss a show just because I have no one to go with

I plan on going alone if I can't find someone to go with me. It is not worth missing. That happened to me during the Vertigo tour. I didn't go because none of my friends wanted to go with me and I regretted it for years. That will definitely not happen again!

^ Good point. I hate living with regret. I had a friend who had an extra ticket to a show last tour and he called me last minute. It was in NYC and I live in South Jersey and had to work that night. I had plenty of time to get up there, but I told him I couldn't call out of work last minute. I still regret that. I should have just went.

I plan on going alone if I can't find someone to go with me. It is not worth missing. That happened to me during the Vertigo tour. I didn't go because none of my friends wanted to go with me and I regretted it for years. That will definitely not happen again!

Hey your in West Islip? I'm in Nassau County!

I would love to go. Giants Stadium is only 10 minutes from where I live. But unfortunately, I have no one to go with.

:(

That should definately not stop you. And if it was 10 minutes from my house there wouldn't even be a question in my mind. I've gone alone plenty of times. You're never alone at a U2 show anyway.

Yea..sometimes would rather go by myself. Is that wrong? lol :hmm:

No. Going alone is a million times better than going with someone who's not into it who you have to end up worrying about whether or not they're having a good time or not.

My nightmare is I forget to go online tomorrow..or my internet connection goes down :crack:

GA or not GA?

Here's my dilemma. GA tickets are cheaper and potentially let you get closer to the stage (presumably if you win the lottery). On the other hand I'm not a teenager anymore and don't want to be pushed around in the crowd (more importantly don't want my wife to be pushed around). Plus, my wife is not very tall, so her view will likely be obstructed in GA. Last tour we went to 2 MSG shows, one GA and one seats (not very good ones). GA was great, we got into the heart and really enjoyed it. This time however I fear that with Giants stadium being a bigger venue there'll be more commotion in the GA, plus we may not win to get inside. For the same reason the seats (however good they may be) will be farther away from the stage. Also seats (esp. good ones) will be much more expensive...

So seats or GA? Any thoughts?

I'm doing GA, either your in the pit or your not. With stage set up as it looks, it doesn't seem like there are alot of good seats unless you have ga in and around the pit. I agree with you about not being a teenage I don't want to que for a day. So I'm taking a chance on the GA and crossing my fingers!

There isn't a color coded seating plan for Giant Stadium yet. OR did I miss it somewhere?

Giants Stadium and the other three North American shows are now up on Ticketmaster, but I don't see a seating plan for Giants Stadium either.

Giants Stadium and the other three North American shows are now up on Ticketmaster, but I don't see a seating plan for Giants Stadium either.

There's a color-coded map for "Concert with GA Floor":

U2 360º Tour tickets Giants Stadium East Rutherford, NJ, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

It's not U2-specific, but the sections are obviously the same. I wonder how much the tix in 1xx sections are?
Answering my own question it's going to be $250 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom