September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from DFW to O Hare is $237 on American leaving Friday morning coming back Monday afternoon. Should I go ahead and book? It was $252. I'm used to seeing dfw to chicago for $200 or less and there's a ton of seats left on the flights i've chosen.

from DFW to O Hare is $237 on American leaving Friday morning coming back Monday afternoon. Should I go ahead and book? It was $252. I'm used to seeing dfw to chicago for $200 or less and there's a ton of seats left on the flights i've chosen.

That's a tough call. Have you checked the price on SW from Love Field to Midway?

Mark

That's a tough call. Have you checked the price on SW from Love Field to Midway?

Mark

Love Field has stopovers and the rates are the same or more than dfw. no one flies from dfw to midway anymore which is maybe why i don't see sub $200 fares anymore.

the other thing is that $237 is the lowest any day of the week in sept and oct. If there's going to be a sale I think it may only affect the less popular days like tuesday. i'm going to put it on hold and think about it for a day. i could put it on hold and repeat but i'm afraid that aa.com monitors that and could do something to your account.

Love Field has stopovers and the rates are the same or more than dfw. no one flies from dfw to midway anymore which is maybe why i don't see sub $200 fares anymore.

We just got Southwest flying into MSP from MDW and DEN, and the new fares show it. Competition definitely drives down airfare prices, and we need it given Delta's purchase of Northworst.

I purposefully am not checking the airfare prices from MSP to Chicago (they're probably quite cheap). For some reason, I really want to drive it.

Mark

i'd wait at least one more week...checking a 2-3 times a day.

when i was trying to book my tucson > dallas trip (also on american) back in june, it went up and down like a rollercoaster....from $440 to $340 and finally down to $218

-dan

I need to lose 15 more lbs by the concert. Is that reasonable? :lol:

me too! Not that it will make too much of a difference for me, but since I have GA for the 2nd night, any less stress on my feet will be good. Plus it gives me something to work towards, and keep my mind off thinking about the show in the weeks before too much.

I need to lose 15 more lbs by the concert. Is that reasonable? :lol:

Oh by the way, I was reading up on the last Chicago thread and I totally forgot to thank everyone for the support and kind words that some of you offered me. :reject: So, thank you. :)

I need to do this as well or lose some more.

I promised my friends I'll be in fighting shape for the concert. But I'm not doing GA for chicago I have seats. But for the Meadowlands onward, I got GA.

me too! Not that it will make too much of a difference for me, but since I have GA for the 2nd night, any less stress on my feet will be good. Plus it gives me something to work towards, and keep my mind off thinking about the show in the weeks before too much.

I'll jump in on this as well. Do we need a separate thread for weight-loss support before U2 gets to North America? Or should we have weekly weigh-ins on the Chicago thread? :no:

I've been stalled in my weight-loss for about 6 months.

Mark

You all just want to get back to fighting weight so you can really fight through the GA mob, don't you? :tsk:

:wink:

You all just want to get back to fighting weight so you can really fight through the GA mob, don't you? :tsk:

:wink:

I'm the half douchebag who has GA 1st night, and seats the 2nd, so my diet is 50% less rigorous than the others.

I'm not looking to get down to my fighting weight, I need to fit into my spaghetti strap top so I have a chance at being a rail skank. :lol:

M

there's less than 6 weeks to go, if you're going to get started on a work-out plan you really need to hurry...or start using meth

-dan

I joined weight watchers online last month because of the tour.

It's not going as well as I had hoped :reject:.

Maybe we should have weekly weigh ins.

Nah, we just need to support each other. I type this after I had some pizza. It's difficult to lose weight when your kid only eats mac & cheese, pizza, and chicken nuggets. He has autism and has food issues.

I am ice skating for exercise and need to get back to doing some Wii boxing. But then I fell on Sunday and sprained my wrist. I'll do a walk during my lunch hour tomorrow. Walking around downtown DC is never boring!

I'm the half douchebag who has GA 1st night, and seats the 2nd, so my diet is 50% less rigorous than the others.

GA 1st Night:love:Seats 2nd:applaud:

Mark I saw your picture if anything you need to hit a buffet every now & then

LOL

U2Fan05:wave:

BirdLover sold me one GA for 9/12 today at FV:up::up:

I joined weight watchers online last month because of the tour.

It's not going as well as I had hoped :reject:.

Maybe we should have weekly weigh ins.

I use to do weight watchers (never online though, so maybe it's a bit different), till I realized that I was just paying them to weight me. That said, it worked very well for me, I lost a LOT of weight doing that. I still do it now, just can't afford the ever increasing membership.

39 days or so to go!

Chicago's been having an unseasonably cool summer, but the midwest in September can still be wonderfully summer-like, or fall might start a little early, or it could be a massive heat wave with 95% humidity.

Chicago weather is infuckingsane. It could be raining and cold when you wake up, 90 degrees in the afternoon followed by an evening snowstorm. It's starting to warm up here, though, which leads me to beleive that it'll be fairly hot come the concerts.

Chicago weather is infuckingsane. It could be raining and cold when you wake up, 90 degrees in the afternoon followed by an evening snowstorm. It's starting to warm up here, though, which leads me to beleive that it'll be fairly hot come the concerts.

Sweet, sounds like Calgary. I'll feel right at home :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom