Separate TOTP Mp3s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey boosterjuice, where in Canada are you? I'm in Ottawa, Ontario...:wave:

We should start a Canadian thread or forum in this place! Go Canada! Thank goodness there's a new U2 album on it's way, especially with no NHL hockey going. Oh, right, for all you Americans and people from the rest of the world: N...(National)...H...(Hockey)...L...(League)...(We hit a puck with a stick in our spare time!) :wink:

Last edited:
I agree

Come to think of it - without a doubt - THIS IS THE BEST GOD DAMN THREAD WE'VE HAD IN YEARS!!! (this is the most hi-quality new U2 we've had in a LONG TIME!)

Thanks!!:wink: :wink:

I can't get ABOY anywhere! Off the 'puremedia' website it gets to about 5% and then drops out with an error....

Anywhere else?

Inner El Guapo said:
Holy Fuck Ass Tardical Nightmare Beast Bag.

Why isn't this thread 800 replies long?

This whole new recordings things started yesterday in the Desire/She's a Mystery to me thread, which has about 400 replies. You can check it out.

But then when more people had the new Mp3s, someone started separate threads on the subject, which was a great idea because now everybody can figure out there new, way better recordings of TOTP out there.

City Of Blinding Lights surpasses feels incredible. I shivered. Better than Vertigo, we all agree?
To me, it's up there with Beautiful Day, maybe better, but it's not their best track in 10 years.

Even if I can't wait for a 6-minute version of this.
It's got such huge potential.

Sorry, but both tracks are not exciting me that much. The studio versions will be better, but I'm not raving about either of these, sorry. All Because of You should sound great on cd, but it just sounds a rip off of Desire, and an outtake from Rattle & Hum.

City of Blinding Lights is trying to be Coldplay. The chorus is ok, but I'm certainly not shivering. Bizarre middle 8 as well, that just doesn't fit with the rest of the song.

Martinuk100 said:
City of Blinding Lights is trying to be Coldplay. The chorus is ok, but I'm certainly not shivering. Bizarre middle 8 as well, that just doesn't fit with the rest of the song.

ahhmmm..... U2 trying to be like coldplay? Has there been a disruption to the time-space continuem? COBL is superb... can't wait until I hear the true studio version...even better when I get to hear it at their upcoming tour. Perhaps you need to turn up your hearing aide Martinuk100!!!

Thank you to those of you that posted links.
This is the first I hear COBL and I just have the chills!

Does anyone else think its crazy that we're hearing live versions of these songs before the album even comes out? :crazy:

Yeah, I hope they saved the tour versions of the songs for later because I don't want to be disappointed by the studio versions.

Martinuk100 said:

Wow, where has Martinuk100 been the past 25 years??? Hey buddy I seriously doubt U2 is TRYING TO BE Coldplay. Doesn't make sense. That's U2 trying to make the best song they possibly could, and maybe you think that it sounds similar to Coldplay, but I seriously doubt U2 is trying to be any band. It is not necessary.

Sicy said:
Does anyone else think its crazy that we're hearing live versions of these songs before the album even comes out? :crazy:

I was literally just thinking the same thing! Here I am scouring the net for live audio & video recordings of a show, an album I've not even heard yet! :scratch: Crazy, I tell ya, crazy. :crazy:

Needle_Chill said:
Hey boosterjuice, where in Canada are you? I'm in Ottawa, Ontario...:wave:

We should start a Canadian thread or forum in this place! Go Canada! Thank goodness there's a new U2 album on it's way, especially with no NHL hockey going. Oh, right, for all you Americans and people from the rest of the world: N...(National)...H...(Hockey)...L...(League)...(We hit a puck with a stick in our spare time!) :wink:

hahahaa

I'm from Red Deer, AB!

I'm also a huge hockey fan. Oilers rule!! I don't know what I'll do this winter. It's very sad. Looks like I'll be playing a lot of ping-pong and listening to a lot U2.

Sicy said:
Thank you to those of you that posted links.
This is the first I hear COBL and I just have the chills!

Agree
U2 is best when they play live - I think this is a good way to expose people to the new songs - better than the 30 second clips of ATYCLB - this gives you a good feel for the album and the songs.
COBL has its own separate playlist on the ipod right now - I've listened to it so much:reject:

Martinuk100 said:
City of Blinding Lights is trying to be Coldplay.

go get "The Unforgettable Fire".

that was released in 1985, when the lads in Coldplay were what, 13?

that's where they're coming from on this tune.
actually, that and Beutiful Day.

I'm an occasional lurker, and I just wanted to say I love you all for providing these links.

Back
Top Bottom