San Diego 2 - So pyched for tonight (thanks interference)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomicBono said:

:drool: If someone managed to not die of shock during Acrobat, they'd surely die when Red Hill Mining Town started...or Heartland...oh that would be beautiful.

Heartland would be sweet, but do you really think the Man could even sing RHMT now? I don't. While I love his voice now, the treatment that song would require could only be handled by joshua tree Bono.

I am a little worried about him losing his voice on this tour. In All Because of You on opening night, he didn't even attempt the high vocal part towards the end of the song. And that is the best part of the song! I am worried.

well you can sing Bad in a lower register and it still sounds very good. Try singing Red Hill at the lower register and it doesnt sound near as good.

But that's probably only one of many reasons they didnt play it.

Main:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Cry - The Electric Co.
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With Or Without You
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky - Hands That Built America
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

Encore:

Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because of You
Yahweh

Yahweh. Then probably 40.

I don't like the idea of an acoustic Yahweh before 40.

But at least if "40" is like it was the other night, which is just as it was years ago, then it's a good ending.

bono bringing a fan on stage, talking about eddie, talking to fans, it sounds like their getting comfortable. can't wait to see whats going to happen in the next weeks...:drool:

RademR said:
bono bringing a fan on stage, talking about eddie, talking to fans, it sounds like their getting comfortable. can't wait to see whats going to happen in the next weeks...:drool:

good point...they'll be warmed up when they get to NJ

Harbinger said:
Yahweh, 40 is fine with me (except for the very end of Yahweh) but it's ABOY // Yahweh that grates on my nerves.

Yahweh, I think, should be full band. Not acoustic. The band needs a little bit more of an upbeat number than an acoustic song can provide. Gloria/40 back in the day was really good.

40 is, of course, the best closer ever played.

nicholsfornixon said:
How's this for a future closing number: One>Yahweh>Bad>40 ?

I love it. However, I bet they don't play Bad because, again, it is very vocally demanding. On the Boston DVD he REALLY struggled with it. On the other hand, Pride seems to be a stapple, and he can't sing that anymore either. I guess he wants it in for surmonizing purposes. At least the guitar rocks.

As I was playing the bootleg of the first night's gig while the setlist was just given to us, it would seem tonight's show was a few minutes longer.

Chizip said:
they put the names up on the screen who text messaged during 40

that's pretty cool, i actually like that idea, not so much when it was rumored during ONE.

glad their ending with 40 again, good signs....keep doing it

Yahweh acoustic is actually very powerful, and cool, but i just don't get it's position in the encore. I really don't get any of the encore. Pride into streets? ABOY into Yahweh?

well for the opener it came up at the end of 40...

i dont know about tonight, must have come up earlier...

or else it was the names from the last show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom