Rolling Stone: U2 to play stadiums in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. So he's saying that U2 will lower their ticket prices from what they were on the Vertigo tour. However, 10-15x the price of No Line On The Horizon = $100-$150. But even if they lower their average price to say, $75, they'd still struggle to sell 25,000 tix in ANY of the Midwestern and Southern US markets I mentioned in my previous post.

Can you say PopMart?

HOORAY!!!:applaud: :love:

i've seen u2 in stadiums and arenas over the past 23 years. arena shows were always much, much better. the last time i saw them play a stadium was the LA coliseum for popmart and we were in the nosebleed seats, not fun. not too happy about this but u2 in a stadium is better than no u2. i'll be surprised if they sell out many venues.

Oh shit that means Rogers dome in toronto which has the worst accoustics ever:reject:
And we will have to line up in the fucking cold in the morning :angry:
And i am indian i hate the cold :doh:

Did anyone see the interview on French radio this week? Bono talked about the Tour and said that the tour name had something to do with "Kiss the future" and he made gestures with his arms to try to give a hint on how it's going to look.

He said they were going to land in the middle of the field. He corrected himself and said, near the middle. He added that they will arrive in a spaceship! hehehe

I dont think its going to be the typical stadium show though. You "might" enjoy this one with the way the stage is set up. Should be interesting to see U2 perform in this fashion as they have not previously. I know they have considered the "in the round" concept before.

I see it this way. Affordable tickets hopefully and at least in the U.S. it shouldnt be a bitch to get into the building like it could be in some markets here for the arena tours.

Its going to be real interesting what prices are going to be in the US.

U2 could really make people happy by lowering tickets to a reasonable price or they could piss off the general fan by charging too much in these hard times.

Any chance U2 would have $40-$50 seats? To me this would get people to the show and show good press for the band.

Upper Upper Level $35
Upper Level $50
Mid-Level $75
Close to stage/special seating $125

Yeah, before the $13.50 - $20 LiveNation ticket fee (each) and that's if their servers don't crash. :down: Never thought I'd ever miss TM.

when I see tiered pricing I think it means close to stage, really expensive, I would not be surprised to see those first 10-20 rows that sound like will surround the stage in all direction (as its in the round) be in the $200-$250 range..then the next 20-50 rows $175 something like that....it will not start getting "cheap" till you hit the permanent seating and even there I still expect to see about $80 a seat...Look for the $40-$50 seats to be the third deck

Personally I expect no GA in US, maybe a token area like a donut in the middle, but I just dont see it. Europe will be totally different as it always is, they havent figured out the whole you make a ton more money if you dont have GA thing

I want VIP seats. I am happy to pay for them as I do not feel like going through the hassle of going through a lottery to see if I can end up close to the band. I would rather fork $200-250 for the best seats in the house and be guaranteed a good spot. Madonna had them and they worked out just fine.

I hope we have similar pricing to the last tour, that'd be an especially good move with stadiums and the financial climate.

I'd love the chance to see them in a stadium in the US, but hope we get arena shows next year, because there would be more of them, and because of the more intimate experience. Hopefully we'll know what the contour of the tour will be before tickets go on sale, but I doubt it. I'd like to see one stadium show and plan to buy tickets to a couple arena shows if I knew they were going to happen. Otherwise I'd buy tickets to a few shows in the Northeast upfront.

when i danced at tampa stadium during MW it started to rain on the line "Johnny take a dive, with your sister in the rain!" everyone told me it was really cool and united them together for that song. i became worried about slipping!! but

it was like bono lifted his arms up and said "let there be rain" and there was rain! :lmao: :lol: anyway, it was neat.

Wow that sounds AMAZING:drool:

Meh, I realize a lot of you guys are over 25 and the aspect of being surrounded by 15000 people on the GA floor is unappealing, but the North American fans have been pretty spoiled with two arena tours and it's showing in this thread.

If they can handle stadiums in Europe and The Rest of the World (South America and Australia) without going into a tizzy I think we'll be alright.

Most shows sell out within minutes here. It's not a question of where you will be but whether you will get tickets or not. You dont realise how lucky you guys are.
I am curious to see how ticket demand manifests itself in my home city of Montreal this time out. For the last two tours, two-night arena stays have sold out in under 8 minutes.

We're going from 2 nights @ 21,000 seats each night to probably one night at 55,000-65,000 avaliable seats.

Did GA twice on Vertigo -- once for Anaheim and once for Dublin. Lined up early both times to get a good position. I was skeptical about GA in Dublin, but I have to say, it worked out. If you're close it doesn't matter, and the way they set up the stage, there was that sort-of enclosed section up front, and a barrier halfway back. So I don't know that there would be people getting crushed in quite the same way...

Still though, arenas are pretty cool.

You are a bunch of crybabies. I did nothing special with my GA outdoor shows (all 3 Croke, the two Paris shows and Hawaii) and ended up in the front ring for all. Showed up around noon, hung out, and was close to the stage.

I want VIP seats. I am happy to pay for them as I do not feel like going through the hassle of going through a lottery to see if I can end up close to the band. I would rather fork $200-250 for the best seats in the house and be guaranteed a good spot.

I think I become more of a snooty old fart with each word I type in this comment, but I agree. I would gladly shell out big bucks if I would be guaranteed a spot close to the stage.

:reject:

On the other hand, thinking of trying to plan shows with friends from this place, it's more likely that I'd get to enjoy the concert with friends if it were GA (assuming GA was a reasonable price).

If I'm very fortunate, I'll get the chance to both: have great seats and avoid the GA hassle, and also see a show with friends in GA.

Most shows sell out within minutes here. It's not a question of where you will be but whether you will get tickets or not. You dont realise how lucky you guys are.

oh i know how lucky we've been. but i also remember the popmart tour where they played two shows in the sf bay area and neither one was sold out (but we still got two shows cause it's probably still more cost effective to do two shows when you're hauling that much equipment around). it's a whole other thing in the rest of the world where they don't tend to play a multiple shows in each city/country.

They just have to schedule around Thursday, Sunday, & Monday. I'm sure they have access to the NFL schedule (at least the dates, times wouldn't matter). All the NFL teams know who there playing already and the dates are usually announced around April/May. The NFL already has this info.

For TX dates U2 might be able to play San Antonio/Austin show. Its a lock they'll have a Houston show & a show at Jerry World (new Cowboy stadium).

Are there any properly-sized stadiums in San Antonio other than the Alamodome? That would probably be their only option in Austin/San Antonio, unless there's another one in SA that I don't know about, or they want to be stupid and play in Royal Memorial.

Back
Top Bottom