Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Bullet the Blue SKy

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Running To Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • In God's Country

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Trip Through Your Wires

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Exit

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Mothers Of the Disappeared

Votes: 24 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No spoken words said:
I think I was at one with no source and out of sheer curiosity in regards to my own dorkiness, wanted to see how long I'd stay in there.

I don't want to think how much it cost my prepay phone to text the Auckland setlists

I couldn't have afforded a longer show

Rob33 said:
I have a very poor understanding of what setlist parties are exactly and what this entire place is like leading up to and during a tour...so please, interferencers! keep doing what you have been doing for the next tour! :) :yippie:

In theory, the setlist party has a contact at the concert sending the setlist as it happens to somebody else via text message, and that somebody else then posts it on Interference for everyone to follow. Sometimes, an online stream is created where we can listen to the concert live via the mobile phone of someone in attendance - whether you can actually make out anything resembling music is debatable.

In practice, they developed a bit of a community-in-a-community feel and often went off on wild, irrelevant tangents. Sometimes these were a bit heated, especially when U2's setlist was quite static and invariable in Europe.

And no mention of the parties is complete without gorman. He was our technological hero who set up the live audio streams, and we've talked about video streaming too. At the shows Gorman attended in person, he would send me videos (as I maintained the parties throughout the Vertigo Tour except when I was at a gig) and I would have them posted for anyone to watch within 10 minutes of the event happening.

I remember being the source twice....and the 2nd time, my friend was like "What the hell are you doing at the beginning of each song????".....and I started to attempt to explain, then just figured we'd all be better off if I just said nothing.

ahh, sounds fun, I know I'll be sitting there the whole time hoping to see Heartland, Acrobat, RHMT or WILATW...something like that pop up ...I would go absolutely nuts, but at the same time be punching myself for not going to the show...

anyway, I hope this place goes INSANE during the next tour...that would be so exciting:yippe:

I wanted to be a source in Australia and New Zealand but my phone was buggered so I could only receive, not send, texts, and it was going to cost something like $20 a gig for gorman to call me and use my phone for an audio feed. :(

coolian2 said:
You're forgetting accurately predicting the setlists (and in one mildly amusing occasion, having no source and discussing favourite snippets)

Did I champion snippetry a bit too much? Probably. Do I stand by it? Hell yes! Snippetry for the win. :drool:

Trying to decipher snippets on woeful mobile phone connections for the nerdiness. :drool:

Hey, cori, it's undeniably "painted roses". 'Paint' is very clear, and the 'ed' is softer and blurs into 'roses' but it's very much there.

Sorry, you're wrong on this one. :wink:

Rob33 said:
ahh, sounds fun, I know I'll be sitting there hoping to see Heartland, Acrobat, RHMT or WILATW...something like that pop up...I would go absolutely nuts, but at the same time be punching myself for not going to the show...

anyway, I hope this place goes INSANE during the next tour...that would be so exciting:yippe:

I was at the first show in San Diego, so was unable to see the reaction to Zoo Station or Electric Co or An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart....then again, these were played at rehearsals and at that LA warmup show prior to San Diego, but still.....I think you'll attend a lifetime of set list parties before When I Look at the World, Acrobat or Heartland get played, unfortunately. These 3 are actually my favorite songs from their respective albums.

Axver said:
I wanted to be a source in Australia and New Zealand but my phone was buggered so I could only receive, not send, texts, and it was going to cost something like $20 a gig for gorman to call me and use my phone for an audio feed. :(

Did I champion snippetry a bit too much? Probably. Do I stand by it? Hell yes! Snippetry for the win. :drool:

Trying to decipher snippets on woeful mobile phone connections for the nerdiness. :drool:

Lets see, i think it was 20 cents a text at 21 or so songs a night....Eeeeeehh. I'm surprised anyone could decipher my text messages considering there is a good reason for why i write in full in text messages - because my abbreviating sucks

Snippetry is great, if the setlists aren't varying at least there is sometimes a slight variation on the song.

Rob33 said:
ahh, sounds fun, I know I'll be sitting there the whole time hoping to see Heartland, Acrobat, RHMT or WILATW...something like that pop up ...

Wow, you'd be sitting and waiting an awfully long time. :wink:

Coolian, I only quoted that Lisa line because I couldn't think of anything else from the Duffworld episode. Ha!

No spoken words said:
I think you'll attend a lifetime of set list parties before When I Look at the World, Acrobat or Heartland get played, unfortunately. These 3 are actually my favorite songs from their respective albums.

Same here. And I'm listening to ASOH right now. Creepy.

But fuck, this song reminds me why I love this band. Holy shit this is so fucking good that it deserves excessive bloody swearing.

I miss the setlist parties. There was something so exciting about hearing the concert live via someones cellphone. It didn't matter that it sounded like it was in a tube.. it was awesome.

And the hilarity that ensued in those threads...

Axver always on hand with any nitty gritty statistics that we wondered about :giggle:

Axver said:
Hey, cori, it's undeniably "painted roses". 'Paint' is very clear, and the 'ed' is softer and blurs into 'roses' but it's very much there.

SIGH. Well, now I have to go and listen to it myself.

I shall report back with either my conviction or my caving in.

I read in the UF survivor thread that a lot of people think that ASOH is better LIVE than in the studio....and while I generally think U2 songs are better LIVE, I disagree on that one...and I like the LIVE versions, but, the studio version of ASOH is fucking brilliant.

RavenBlue said:
Axver always on hand with any nitty gritty statistics that we wondered about :giggle:

And all the statistics you never knew existed and probably never even wanted to know ... :wink:

No spoken words said:
I read in the UF survivor thread that a lot of people think that ASOH is better LIVE than in the studio....and while I generally think U2 songs are better LIVE, I disagree on that one...and I like the LIVE versions, but, the studio version of ASOH is fucking brilliant.

I truly can't decide. They are both abso-fucking-lutely transcendent and that's good enough for me.

Axver said:

I truly can't decide. They are both abso-fucking-lutely transcendent and that's good enough for me.

You need to tell them that in those exact words :wink:

Maybe saying "Play Acrobat for fucks sake" will work better than "Will you pretty please with chocolate covered bunnies on top play Acrobat?

at the show in NY, Headache was apparently sitting next to another interferencer (female) on the site. They were apparently both texting, at least she was texting back to us at the setlist parties. They found out a night or two later that they both post here and who each other's alias' are on the forum. Small world.

Lila64 said:
at the show in NY, Headache was apparently sitting next to another interferencer (female) on the site. They were apparently both texting, at least she was texting back to us at the setlist parties. They found out a night or two later that they both post here and who each other's alias' are on the forum. Small world.

That's funny.

and NSW, they were in the good section of MSG, so apparently there were celebrities there too, and HIAS had posted pics. It was funny. I can't believe she didn't know what he looked like to recognize him at the show. Guess you gotta keep up with the photos threads in LS and such.

coolian2 said:
And that was the first time i listened properly to the remastered One Tree Hill

There's a lot going on in there

I think it's played 3 times here tonight. It might be time for A Sort Of Homecoming...

...looks for CD

Back
Top Bottom