Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinwal

The Fly
Hello y'all.
Since the band are playing on Wednesday have they started rehearsing? Usually there is some report as to what they running through.

Seeing as Bono was in NY yesterday they probably haven't yet (they did not get together at all during the break), but they probably will today...

Bono was in NY, so nothing for now......and on wednesday there is the Grammy premiere.......so I think they'll go to monterrey the day after and start the rehearsal

WildHoneyAlways said:
b/c I have no attention span and don't want to look through 430923 threads, what are they performing with MJB?

: pleaselordletitnotbeonepleasepleaseplease:

At least this means we don't have to bother watching.

Looks like they have finally rehearsed in Monterrey.

From U2.com

'It's Cold Outside...'

Band and crew have been rehearsing ahead of the opening show of Vertigo '06 in Mexico. It was pretty cold in the Estadio Tecnológico in Monterrey and everyone on stage was well wrapped up in woolies and leather jackets but the music soon warmed things up.

Adam took a tip from Edge and was wearing a very cool beanie. Great to hear the songs ringing around a stadium again after a a two month break.

The locals were out in force for the arrival of the band, which made for quite an exhilarating journey from airport to stadium in the company of local paparazzi. And hundreds of fans have been camped out in a kind of mini-festival around the stadium - about 600 are sleeping out, some in their own tents, in a bid to be first in to the venue and claim their chance of eye-contact with the band.

Rehearsals threw up some changes: new visuals in some places and, as our shot shows, Original of the Species looked particularly stunning. Looks like there's been some creative rethinking of 'Streets' too, but more of that after the first show.

'It's cold outside...' but as the song goes, ' It gets so warm in here.' Should be hot in Monterrey on Sunday night. We'll have more soon, including the set list and a report of the show. Keep tuning in.

mexico4.jpg

mexico2.jpg

I guess we can assume that OOTS has permanently replaced Miracle Drug.

ramblin rose said:
Looks like they have finally rehearsed in Monterrey.

From U2.com

mexico4.jpg

mexico2.jpg

I guess we can assume that OOTS has permanently replaced Miracle Drug.

Hey Rosa :wink:

Are you ready for lift off? Tell me your 4th leg shows please.

Sylvia

Can't wait to see some eventual pop/zooropa visuals soon! :drool: /dream mode off

PS: Is Adam wearing a beanie in these photos?

Last edited:
http://www.u2mexico.com/foro/index.php?topic=6049.0

No surprises. The typical Eurigo setlist was rehearsed.
More accurately:
Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Sunday Bloody Sunday
With or Without You
Miss Sarajevo
Bad
Bullet the Blue Sky

I just hope Zoo Station and The Fly are also back.
And... are we going to get that long rumored Pop encore?
Don't think so at this point.

I don't think we will see much changes the first few shows... They haven't got the chance to rehers too much yet...

who knows whats going to happen in the encores, and by the sounds of it they are also working on something different for streets, so could be the end of pride-streets, who knows

KUEFC09U2 said:
who knows whats going to happen in the encores, and by the sounds of it they are also working on something different for streets, so could be the end of pride-streets, who knows

I sure hope so :rockon:

recently I had this idea of One -> Unchained Melody -> Streets

does that seem like it would work?

cuz if it does, I will call the guys and tell them to do it today

LemonMacPhisto said:

I sure hope so :rockon:

recently I had this idea of One -> Unchained Melody -> Streets

does that seem like it would work?

cuz if it does, I will call the guys and tell them to do it today

Reasons why it doesn't work:

1. One
2. Unchained Melody