Red Sox... Yankees... Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankees fans wear harmless stuff like "BOSTON SUCKS" and "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" Sox fans match those shirts and take it a step further with some truly offensive stuff -- during my last trip to Fenway, I saw "JETER HAS AIDS" and "GAY-ROD" shirts. And those were some of the tamer ones. It's a fun rivalry for the whole family.
-the sports guy

You should just chant "Mariah, Jordana, Jessica" when Jeter is at bat..

And I don't find Jeter the least bit attractive..I'd take Curt and Jason over him any day :wink:

ya keep bringing up the hextall thing and frankly i have nothing to say about that. it is about as low as ya can get, and again... scumbags root for all teams. the snow ball thing at giants stadium was dumb and stupid. being a sick bastard that i am, the jeter has aids thing and the kidd beats his wife thing actually gets a chuckle out of me, much like my homemade "pedro molests midgets" t-shirts got a lot of chuckles at the bar last night :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Yankees fans wear harmless stuff like "BOSTON SUCKS" and "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?" Sox fans match those shirts and take it a step further with some truly offensive stuff -- during my last trip to Fenway, I saw "JETER HAS AIDS" and "GAY-ROD" shirts. And those were some of the tamer ones. It's a fun rivalry for the whole family.
-the sports guy

How about if the T-shirts said "JETER IS GAY...NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT"?

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Thats a bold assumption on Tito's part that there'll be a game 5.

I hear that this Brandon Arroyo kid who's starting Game 3 is pretty good.

speedracer said:

I hear that this Brandon Arroyo kid who's starting Game 3 is pretty good.
I thought Brandon Arroyo was pitching against Pedro in game 2, at least thats what Tim McCarver, SuperGenius, told me.

56-year-old righthander Orlando Hernandez will start Game 4 for the Yankees.

Looknig like tonight might get rained out. That could get Pedro on the mound for game 5 vs. Mussina on Monday, and my game 3 tix would go to game 5.
If it gets called tonite, Sox better not get swept.

Hewson said:
Looknig like tonight might get rained out. That could get Pedro on the mound for game 5 vs. Mussina on Monday, and my game 3 tix would go to game 5.
If it gets called tonite, Sox better not get swept.

In this case, there'd be no off day between games 5 and 6. So Derek Lowe would still have to pitch sometime, unless we go with Wakefield in games 4 and 6 and Arroyo in games 3 and 7 on only 3 days' rest.

Or unless Schilling makes a miraculous recovery.

My thinking on this (assuming a 7 game series, which is obviously a long shot at this point) is if tonite is rained out, you hafta still pitch Wakefield Saturday, Slide Brandon Arroyo to Sunday, Pedro Monday, Lowe Tuesday and come back with Wakefield on 3 days rest in game 7, he has the best ability to bounce back on short rest. Of course hold out hope for Schilling to be able to go, but I doubt it at this point.

They said something on the news this AM that Reebok has made a special high top type sneaker for Curt

I don't think it will work :(

I think the new curse is that Katie and Werner broke up, that's what cursed it this time :wink:

:drool:

1742_big.jpg

McCarver is a tool - I didn't hear him say that.....good to know he is brushing up on the players before calling a series...that's something right out of Ralph Kiner's mouth

Numb1075 said:
McCarver is a tool - I didn't hear him say that...
It was during game 1, and he got more than just the kid's first name wrong...to paraphrase, he said the pitching matchup for game 2 was Pedro Martinez vs. Brandon Arroyo.... so not only di he have the wrong first name, he had him on the wrong team and pitching on the wrong night, and he makes huge money for doing this, he's qualified to be a weatherman in New England with how often he makes mistakes.

Numb1075 said:
They should bring back Brett Boone. Remember how he was bickering w/ the other analysts? He was comical.

Jim Caple column from a year ago:

Challenger, the eagle that is described each game as "the Yankees' living symbol of freedom,'' became confused on his traditional flight during the national anthem and overshot his keeper. He flew beyond the pitchers mound, circled home plate and hovered above the players who were lined up along each basepath. Challenger was heading back toward the mound when two F-14s flew over the park (and that's a nice use of tax money, isn't it?), frightening the bird so much that it swooped so low over Derek Jeter that the shortstop dropped to the ground to evade its talons.

"He almost got me,'' Jeter said. "He was a little off tonight.''

A little off? Had Challengers flown a couple inches lower, FOX would have had a new reality show.

JOE BUCK: Oh my! Challenger dug his claws into Jeter's head! He's lifting him up and carrying him out of the stadium!

TIM McCARVER: Not many people realize it but an America bald eagle's tremendous wingspan, unique muscular structure and aerodynamics allows it to lift 20 times its body weight. Pound for pound, it is the world's strongest bird next to the African swallow. That's why I've often thought that teams should never use a bird larger than a barn owl in that situation. Incidentally, the F-14 Tomcat weighs 36 tons, has a top speed of Mach 1.88 and a range of 1,200 miles.

BRET BOONE: I'm not sure how they're going to score that, but it's definitely a tough break for the Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom