rattle and hum movie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
Weren't there more than one different trailors for the movie? I remember seeing one different than the one on the DVD.

I could be wrong though.

I wish the dvd had a few more extras too, but I guess that's a whole other issue.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

I don't know, but someone here probably does

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Not only do I remember a different one, I also remember watching a show on MTV at the time it was released that seemed like part of the movie but wasn't. In one scene, they go buying hats, and Bono has trouble getting his to fit and they slice a quarter inch off the outside brim. Is this part of the outtakes, or am I cracking up?

I'm trying to remember in the fall of 1988 if I saw a black and white commercial for the movie that had parts of Helter Skelter in it.

Blah so long ago. I was only 11.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Not only do I remember a different one, I also remember watching a show on MTV at the time it was released that seemed like part of the movie but wasn't. In one scene, they go buying hats, and Bono has trouble getting his to fit and they slice a quarter inch off the outside brim. Is this part of the outtakes, or am I cracking up?

I think that can be seen on the outtakes video tapes that are floating around on the net.

I've heard from people that seen these tapes that they range from alright to really bad.

------------------

Originally posted by U2Kitten:

Nope, not cracking up. It was a special called "Outside It's America" and one of my favorite U2 vids.
smile.gif
Has footage of them doing stuff alot of which is behind the scenes from that tour. Photo shoots, hanging out playing pool, goofing off together, shopping for boots, etc.

The one I saw was a long special, it seemed as long as the movie. I think it even had concert footage. If it was an MTV special like I remember there must be a recording of it somewhere. I would love to have it.

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Nope, not cracking up. It was a special called "Outside It's America" and one of my favorite U2 vids.
smile.gif
Has footage of them doing stuff alot of which is behind the scenes from that tour. Photo shoots, hanging out playing pool, goofing off together, shopping for boots, etc.

That's it!! AH, vindication! Where did you get it? I want a copy!
biggrin.gif
Thanks!

I'd like a copy of Outside is America, but I am broke.

------------------

Well, I can certainly make you both copies of it. But be warned...the longer I have this video (and the more I watch it which is often) the worse the picture quality gets. But if you're still up for it, drop me an email at sulawesigirl@yahoo.com and we can work something out in the next week or so.
smile.gif

-sula

Back
Top Bottom