Rate the Song: Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stuck

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The 90s are over! We are almost done with this competition. Today begins the first voting round of the 2000s, as we rate the first half of All That You Can't Leave Behind.

Please rate Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

This personal favourite of Bono's is a great tune that doesn't deserve a tenth of the hate it gets, and alone it's better than almost anything they did in the previous 5 years (w/the exception of SATS).

There was a good song somewhere in here, as evidenced by the acoustic version (the only one I find tolerable). But horns got in the way, among other things.

it's better than almost anything they did in the previous 5 years (w/the exception of SATS).

locke.gif

I remember having an instant dislike to it. I thought it would grow on me, it hasn't. Vocally, Bono is on good form, but his lyrics are a little too maudlin. The chorus is cheese fondue, just cringe-worthy. AttyClub showcases his very worst lyrics and melodies, and Stuck is a perfect example. 4

9, one of my special songs

it's a song i heard at a particularly tough time in my life, and, it sounds silly, but it really helped, like a comfort blanket (LOL)

actually i should really give it a 10 - digitize, please could you fix my vote?? cheers!

8 acoustic,

but 5 studio. HORRENDOUS SHIT OMG TOM JONES KARAOKE PRODUCTION WTFFFF takes it down a whole 3 points.

Always wished he had said "You've got to get your shit together..."

Would have made it cooler.

Still, a tune.

I love this song. Easily prefer the full band version to the lame, acoustic version - which is always good for a campfire singalong, but it still one of my favorites on ATYCLB, to be honest.

Great song. 8.

Not my favorite song on the album, at all. I like the lyrics and the meaning, but other than that it's pretty bland. 7.

It's a great song. The killer melody should require everyone to give it at least a 6, even if you don't like it, but... er, whatever. I'd maybe score this an 8.

I had no idea Bono was so fond of it. I think it's mostly Edge's baby.

Absolute pop perfection. An easy 10. I adore the production, Bono's vocals, Edge's gorgeous falsetto and the wonderfully uplifting lyrics. I'll never forgot a few years ago when I was stuck in a rut, and listening to this album, this song in particular, got me out.

Blow me, haters :)

Actually, for some reason I've known a lot of non-U2 fans who love this song, and bought the record because of it.

I think, like the worship of Acrobat, or rating most everything on Pop a 10, the hate for Stuck (not to mention this album) is a phenomenon primarily limited to the U2 experts on Interference.

Absolute pop perfection. An easy 10. I adore the production, Bono's vocals, Edge's gorgeous falsetto and the wonderfully uplifting lyrics. I'll never forgot a few years ago when I was stuck in a rut, and listening to this album, this song in particular, got me out.

Nothing wrong with that. :)

Song used to do a lot for me, and it's my mum's favourite U2 song so I've heard it many times over the years. Doesn't really cut it for me these days, though.

I never really cared for this song until I saw it done acoustically in memory of Amy Winehouse in Minneapolis, and it actually moved me to tears. In that moment, it was perfection for me.

I think, like the worship of Acrobat, or rating most everything on Pop a 10, the hate for Stuck (not to mention this album) is a phenomenon primarily limited to the U2 experts on Interference.

Thank goodness you're here to restore the balance!

I'm sorry love, but you've lost any chance you've had on a blowjob here. :tsk:

I'll be off to listen to some Muse now. :wink:

I was unconscious, half asleep
The water is warm till you discover how deep
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall
It's a long way down to nothing at all

Gets an 10 for that..

a 6 for the rest

Averages 8.

Latest posts

Back