Randooooomers surviving the summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well that was solved quickly...my mom is out right now so my dad told me it was ok to park my car in the garage. I didn't realize she drove or I would have done that a while ago.

one good thing about all of this time off is I've finally tackled the huge mess in my closet. I can't believe how much junk was in there. I'm about 3/4 done. Going to finish next week.

I have to clean my room because I will have a new feline roommate in August. Kerry was told she had to be out of her apartment for a month because the foundation is not stable!

So, Kerry and Homer will get my room (so we can keep Homer and Wally separate) and I will go to the living room. My parents think Homer and Wally will be best buds, but Kerry and I are more realistic.

I have to clean my room because I will have a new feline roommate in August. Kerry was told she had to be out of her apartment for a month because the foundation is not stable!

So, Kerry and Homer will get my room (so we can keep Homer and Wally separate) and I will go to the living room. My parents think Homer and Wally will be best buds, but Kerry and I are more realistic.

maybe they'll be best buds by the end of the month but not right away. How do you think Wally is going to respond once he realizes your room is off limits? Wesley would completely freak out if he couldn't get into my room. He has ripped up carpeting outside of rooms he hasn't been able to get into. :sigh: I made the mistake of letting him play in my closet last week while I was cleaning it. He never paid much attention to that door before but now he's been after me to get into it. I'm worried he's going to start pulling at the carpet. I'd just keep the door open and let him go in but I'm not 100% done so each time he goes in he knocks piles of junk over and creates more work for me.

painting begins on Tuesday at the ARW household. It's going to be a very difficult few days with my impatient father and my psycho cat. All I have to do on Tuesday morning is tape up the bathroom and keep Wesley out. My dad is going to do the rest. But then on Weds and Thurs we have to move everything out of my room, tape, paint, and put it back. I'm going to help him paint to speed him along, provided I can convince Wesley to hang out in my parents room with the door closed. Not sure he'll go for that and since he rips up carpeting I'm not supposed to keep him locked up in there if he is screaming to get out. But he likes to nap on my parents bed in the morning/afternoons so it could go ok. I can't wait to get this over with. My mom and I have been debating all week (well really for a whole year) over the bathroom color. I want a minty green and she wants more of a celery green. I keep saying that it's her bathroom so she should decide. But she keeps saying it's mine as long as I'm here so I should decide...but then she says she hates the color I picked. :sigh: My room is going to be a dark lavender. Not really sure how else to describe it. Not too light but not too dark either. Then I think I'm going to hang my TV on my wall so I can get rid of a piece of furniture in here. :crazy:

:crack::crack::crack::crack:

so we get to Menards all set to pick out my green bathroom color and my mom says she thinks we should do purple and purple to make it more of a "suite" look. :| I have been saying all along I want my entire area to be purple but she said no because the upstairs powder room by the front door is purple. :crazy: So then we picked out two different shades...a light one for bedroom and a darker one for the bathroom. My dad was in line to get the paint when we saw an entire different section of paint samples :help: So we told him to get out of line and let the guy at the counter help someone else. We finally picked out the colors but now I think the bedroom looks too light.

I almost had a moment where I needed to sit down in the store because I was starting to get dizzy over all of this back and forth with the colors. I'm just really happy my mom came to her senses over that darn green and realized that we are purple people to our core :flirt: (skol!) Now all I need to do is convince them to let me take over the extra bedroom across the hall where we keep my dad's computer and our treadmill....both have about an inch of dust on them because they're never used. I want to take my purple couch :reject: out of my storage unit and put my extra tv and dvd player in there so I have a little tv room. I'm about 50% there with this conversation. The more I mention it the more my mom likes this idea.

taping up a room for painting is not easy with a 3 year old cat :crack: I'm a little nervous to see how much tape he's able to rip off in the next 12 hours before painting begins. He's such a pain in the ass :angry: Super cute though....

ok it's not as bad as I thought now that it's dry. I was hard to tell earlier. I know once my light fixture is back up it will be a lot brighter in there. Also I bought a frame for a picture of lilacs I got at an art show a few months ago and it matches the walls perfectly. So I think I'm good. The only bummer is I just bought new bath rugs, toilet seat cover, and towels last year and it doesn't match the walls. Kind of a dark pinky/purple color but not enough purple to match this purple. Might have been ok with green walls but definitely not purple. I'd be fine using it as is but since this is all for my mom's party now I have to go out of find new stuff. Not cheap, especially on my limited budget. Oh well. I'm looking forward to having a nice bathroom for once instead of a mixture of junk. Same with my room. We're moving out furniture that I don't need. The only thing I'm not going to budge on is all of my U2 pics are going back up. Some of them I've spent a lot of money on having them professionally framed so they are going back up no matter what :)

My parents have decided to paint the extra bedroom in the green color that my mom likes but I did not. I wonder how well a purple couch is going to look against that green.....

he was very upset that he was locked in my bedroom (with me!) for 2 hours yesterday. I told my dad he had from 10-12 to paint with the door open and then after that I needed to give Wes lunch and let him run around the house a bit so he could relax. After those 2 hours he had to paint with the door closed. That worked out great for my dad and I but Wesley not so much. He screamed and meowed for 2 hours. He also drove me freaking nuts yesterday with his box. I had to put it in the hallway and I think he was worried someone was going to use it because he kept going in it and moving the litter around which then made a huge mess on the floor. I put the box on an old sheet but there was still litter on the carpet. :sigh: I actually just finished putting my bathroom back together, including his box. After all our work the past few days I found 2 huge spots that need touch up.

Room #2 starts tomorrow :happy:

It's very, very dark in my bathroom now. :yikes: I have two lights, one over the vanity and one over the toilet. I never turn on the one over the toilet but I'm going to need to use both now. I knew it would change the lighting in there by putting a dark color over a light one but didn't realize just how dark it would make it in there. :eek:

in other news.....I can't believe Sherman Hemsley died yesterday but was completely shocked that he was only 74. That means old man George Jefferson was in his early 30's with a married son. :hmm: I knew that Isabel Sanford was quite a bit older than him in real life but didn't realize he was that young back in the day. He always seemed like such an old man when I was a kid.

Sad. They're both gone now. :(

well bedroom is mostly done and I KNEW I was right the other day in the paint store....darker color in bedroom, lighter color in bathroom because the natural light of my two windows in the bedroom will lighten the color. No windows in my bathroom. My parents disagreed and we went dark in the bathroom and it's just too damn dark. But it's too late now to fix it. My dad said if I want to buy the paint and do it myself then I can but he's not going to do anything about it. I really do like it but it's just made it way too dark in there with no natural light to help lighten it up. Oh well....

damn I gotta get back to work so I don't sit on the computer so much. I've been at the gym, the lakes, my deck, the pool, and the mall(s) pretty much daily and I'm still bored to death. :happy: Boss told me earlier I work 1 day next week and then it's back to normal the following week. Yay! Just in time for a busy weekend of fun with two concerts and a baseball game.

In other news.....Mr Wesley is unimpressed with our bed for tonight (the family room couch). I do have his favorite chair in here from my bedroom that he sleeps in all the time but he doesn't seem interested. I think he wants back in our room. Me too! The cable in the family room is basic while I have way more channel in my room not to mention a tv guide on my tv. I know it's just one night but I'm ready for this one night to be over! :happy:

Homer (Kerry's cat) and Kerry have moved in. So far, Wally has not seemed to notice that there is another cat in the house. He just wonders why he can't go in my room.

Homer spent 3 hours hiding under the bed in my room, but Kerry says he's more relaxed now. He will still run and hide if anyone other than her goes in the room.

It is a little surreal watching tv these days. Seeing places you have driven past countless times that have suddenly been thrown into the public spotlight for something so horrific. So sad.
Five miles from here.
So amazed at how Sikhs are dealing with this, so disgusted by the shooter and his beliefs.

OMG I logged into Interference for the first time in like forever (since February, according to my info...). I wanted to see when my 10-year anniversary is. October 22! Maybe I'll remember to log in that day.

That is all. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom