Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that they, or perhaps one or two of them, just really enjoy playing it. In that clip from "Day in the Life of Edge," Bono looks as though he is having the time of his life when they take that lifeguard's guitar and start playing the song.

I don't disagree. I am always aware that my own personal preferences mean nothing and that the band need to do what makes them happiest while still trying to please the mass audiences they attract. My perspective, at best, represents an insanely niche group, if that.

I liked hearing the song a lot on the Elevation Tour, I'll say that. It would just work better for me, personally, if it was something I heard occasionally, speaking as a person that attends multiple shows per tour.

Zooropa is trending in my brain.

Now I've got this duality thing going on....part of me is THRILLED about it and optimistic....and part of me is now "if they don't play it at one of my shows I'll be the saddest sad."

I must be the only one here who likes In a Little While. I understand that its inclusion in the setlist is a bit confounding, but the fact that it has become the whipping boy of the tour doesn't really make sense to me.

Songs that would give the tour a greater edge that they could easily replace IALW with:

Out Of Control
The Electric Co
Gloria
New Year's Day
In God's Country
Desire (electric, not the geezer, Eric Clapton Unplugged version)
The Fly
HMTMKMKM (instead of making Ultraviolet a rarity)
Discotheque
Last Night On Earth
Gone

Songs that would give the tour a greater edge that they could easily replace IALW with:

Out Of Control
The Electric Co
Gloria
New Year's Day
In God's Country
Desire (electric, not the geezer, Eric Clapton Unplugged version)
The Fly
HMTMKMKM (instead of making Ultraviolet a rarity)
Discotheque
Last Night On Earth
Gone

For starters.

The Electric Co.
Discotheque
Ultraviolet
The Fly
Mofo
Zooropa

It's really madness that these songs aren't all played at every U2 show anywhere.

I must be the only one here who likes In a Little While. I understand that its inclusion in the setlist is a bit confounding, but the fact that it has become the whipping boy of the tour doesn't really make sense to me.

My biggest issue is that if they're going to put on a production of this magnitude...why IALW and Miss Sarajevo. I don't get it.

I've owned the vinyl of Rumors for a while now, but somehow or another, I've never managed to see the back cover to it until just now. Holy shit, that is an awkward photo. I'm tossing between Lindsey and Mick right now for avatar props.

Here's hoping they see that Zooropa was a twitter trend and realize they done good. And should keep that shit in for the remaining shows.

And keep the opener as well. Which they especially should do, considering the upcoming remaster. Pimp that shit.

Oh, and, apropos of nothing.....

I also REALLY like the new Radiohead, brevity be damned.

As you were.

Glad to hear from you, you cunt. I hope that life's been treating you well. Chicago and I send our regards. Seen any perfect/terrible Charlie Rose interviews, recently?

corianderstem said:
Here's hoping they see that Zooropa was a twitter trend and realize they done good. And should keep that shit in for the remaining shows.

And keep the opener as well. Which they especially should do, considering the upcoming remaster. Pimp that shit.

The setlist, as it stands, is actually pretty good. Replace Miss Sarajevo with Bad and permanently remove IALW in favor of one of the rockers I listed earlier and you have a great set. It even kind of has a flow, sort of.

Glad to hear from you, you cunt. I hope that life's been treating you well. Chicago and I send our regards. Seen any perfect/terrible Charlie Rose interviews, recently?

Life has been treating me very well the last few months, thanks. And, you say such sweet things.

I miss Chicago a tiny bit, been gone over a year and a half now, wow.

No Rose lately, no Beckett lately. I've been lax with both.

Also, was supposed to see Asobi Seksu here in LA last month, but wound up going to Spring Training that weekend so I missed them yet again. Do you like their new album?

And, how is life treating you?

:yes:

IALW is a nice little ditty on ATYCLB, and works in arenas, but it is not a stadium song and only became a constant to play into the space thing because of a single lyric, the ire it's inspired since October 2009 comes from it always being there in place of so many other things they could be playing (especially NLOTH tracks) and that it adds to the way too high sum if ATYCLB tracks being played.

IALW is a nice little ditty on ATYCLB, and works in arenas, but it is not a stadium song and only became a constant to play into the space thing because of a single lyric, the ire it's inspired since October 2009 comes from it always being there in place of so many other things they could be playing (especially NLOTH tracks) and that it adds to the way too high sum if ATYCLB tracks being played.

perhaps I was wrong in suggesting you're kidding yourself if you think they'll drop it.

U2gigs has crashed. Poor Ax! :lol:

best set of the tour so far. as depressed as I am that I didn't get to hear FUCKING ZOOROPA in Australia, I hope it stays in the set so y'all can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom