Random Music Talk XXVIII: I CAN HAZ COCKROPA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as high on Pop as your typical interlander. By no means do I dislike it, or anything close to that....nor do I consider it a disappointment or failed experiment......I just am never dying to listen to it or hear those songs LIVE....except for Mofo, I think that song kicks fucking ass in concert.

For me, I just don't seem to like the songs on Pop that everyone else does. I'm kind of the same way with Achtung Baby as well.

Edit: This post didn't make nearly as much sense as I was aiming for. What I was trying to say is that there are more songs from the 90s that I outright don't like than from any other decade.

Hey, Laz. Thanks for the Around The World In A Day recommend. Kind of fell in love with Paisley Park. Enjoying this one much more than Purple Rain.

Hey, Laz. Thanks for the Around The World In A Day recommend. Kind of fell in love with Paisley Park. Enjoying this one much more than Purple Rain.

:up:

If you like that you may want to jump right to Parade (the next album, which has some similarities), and then you're probably good to keep going in order and dive into Sign O' The Times.

lazarus said:
That would make sense if both Pop Life and The Ladder weren't fantastic.

But they are, the latter easily in my Top 10 Prince songs.

Ooh, I forgot about Pop Life. Great song, but I always think it's a non-album single for whatever reason.

Condition Of The Heart is just beautiful. I had listen to it again.

This has maybe been brought up before, I remember Step Brothers was a brief topic of conversation recently. I don't care. This is fucking fantastic.

YouTube - Step Brothers Sweet Child O'Mine

Adam Scott is better than everybody.

Holy shit.

:52 seconds in. His "solo." One of the funniest things I've ever seen. I've watched it probably a dozen times today, and it cracks me up every single time. My god.

:up:

If you like that you may want to jump right to Parade (the next album, which has some similarities), and then you're probably good to keep going in order and dive into Sign O' The Times.

Cool, thanks.

New thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom