Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well the game i saw, almost literally nothing happened for six consecutive innings. i can't remember it well, but it was like 3-1 at the bottom of the third, and then no one scored until the ninth inning. then you've got occasional lengthy delays in between innings. it didn't help that it was cold that night.

i'd love to show you all some Aussie football. it's fucking awesome.

well the game i saw, almost literally nothing happened for six consecutive innings. i can't remember it well, but it was like 3-1 at the bottom of the third, and then no one scored until the ninth inning. then you've got occasional lengthy delays in between innings. it didn't help that it was cold that night.

i'd love to show you all some Aussie football. it's fucking awesome.

There's just so much other stuff going on at baseball game's, I'm not sure how you could be bored.

Yeah, as bored as I am watching baseball on TV without any favorite team (and, therefore, without any real emotional connection to what's going on), all commercials intact, I had a great time at all three of the MLB games I've been to. Far more interactive, and the atmosphere is *often* amazing. Not always. Cubs/Brewers was palpable, but Sox/Tigers was pretty bland.

U2 start.com | Expect Nothing But The Best

What the fuck is this shit? Someone posted this in a thread in EYKIW. Never seen this before. I like the title Pop and I like the album artwork, but some of this shit is really cool.

Especially this:

collector16_04.jpg

It's all fan-made, don't believe it for a second.

Also, what's with the four pages of sports bullshit? We have a forum for that; take it over there.

Yeah, as bored as I am watching baseball on TV without any favorite team (and, therefore, without any real emotional connection to what's going on), all commercials intact, I had a great time at all three of the MLB games I've been to. Far more interactive, and the atmosphere is *often* amazing. Not always. Cubs/Brewers was palpable, but Sox/Tigers was pretty bland.
it was probably the drunk & high Giants fan who kept standing up saying "lesssss go bosss'n" that ruined it. it was half-humourous the first time, but by the 350th time three hours later, after security failed to kick him out for smoking, it was wearing a little thin.

humble as a mumble in the jungle of shouts and screams that's the way the cracker crumbles so i guess i'll just have to re-route my dreams

Possibly my favorite Outkast song. :up:

Yoewski woewski, peeski weeski

Neil Young: On the Beach. Please appreciate this album.

Will do.

Well, for starters, it has one of the best closing trios ever. Each song is mournful, ironic, and ultimately beautiful, culminating in Ambulance Blues, which contains some of his best lyrics. I find the tracks with "blues" in the title to be the only potholes, as nearly every other track ranks with his best, or is at the very least very pretty (See The Sky, For The Turnstiles). Walk On just rocks the fuck out.

The scary thing is that it's like my fourth favorite Neil Young album. I somehow find Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, After The Gold Rush and Rust Never Sleeps even more appealing.

I wonder if I can justifiably call it the strongest lo-fi album ever recorded. The under-production gives it an incredibly organic feel. As great as Gold Rush is, I would probably have to place On the Beach at the pinnacle of Neil Young albums.

I dig it a lot.

My favorite NY album is Freedom, so I'm a bit out of step with your average fan. And I'd probably rather listen to Weld than any studio album anyway.

After that, probably Rust Never Sleeps, but again I tend to put in Live Rust instead.

a horrendously overrated (in general) lo-fi album: VU&N. i don't care how influential it was, it's overrated, and actually improves tenfold if you delete Black Angel's Death Song and European Son from itunes.

Possibly my favorite Outkast song. :up:

Yoewski woewski, peeski weeski

:hi5: Stankonia is really awesome, save for the skits. Snappin' and Trappin' is great.

Velvet Underground > WLWH > VU&N > Loaded

But the gap between WLWH and VU&N for me is pretty huge.

Not that anyone in here is going to care, but Ke$ha's new EP is the biggest disappointment of the year for me, hands down.

I'm not sure what the fuck happened, but she lost the plot, I'm afraid. Hopefully if she ever gets another album out it's more of a return to form.

Crazy enough the best songs on this album are the two ballads, which is the polar opposite of Animal.

Anyways, back to what you were doing.

Yeah...now I'm listening to the new Black Eyed Peas album.

It's not a good day in the music world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom