Random Music Talk XXI: Check Out This F@&!#%' Shouter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too complicated. Depending on which joke it is to which you're referring, it boils down either to...

A) Laz not realizing that U2 is perhaps the most popular band in the world, and that its fans (namely, onebloodonelife) are by extension fans of perhaps the most popular band in the world; or

B) Kanye West inexplicably proclaiming O.J. Simpson, and I quote, "Amazin'!" And, you know, changing the word forever.

I know not very many people care about the band anymore, but I still love them to death, and Julian just posted on his THE TWITTER! that the Strokes LP 4 was finished yesterday and it's now being mixed and will be out in a "few months" which is in line with what he said over the summer about a January or February release. Great to hear that it's actually finished. A lot of people wrote this band off and guaranteed that they'd be broken up before a fourth album came out. I smile and laugh at those sad little pessimists.

When the album title and release date is confirmed, I'll be starting a thread for it, but for now I thought I'd just post that here.

I know not very many people care about the band anymore, but I still love them to death, and Julian just posted on his THE TWITTER! that the Strokes LP 4 was finished yesterday and it's now being mixed and will be out in a "few months" which is in line with what he said over the summer about a January or February release. Great to hear that it's actually finished. A lot of people wrote this band off and guaranteed that they'd be broken up before a fourth album came out. I smile and laugh at those sad little pessimists.

When the album title and release date is confirmed, I'll be starting a thread for it, but for now I thought I'd just post that here.

i really like the song "You Only Live Once". i think that's the title.

Yup. Great track. It was the first track off of First Impressions of Earth, their most recent album. It was a single too and I actually heard it at a bar last Saturday. I embarrassed myself while it was playing.

Well, I am only a recent fan, and kind of haven't heard all of their albums yet, so I'm excited to hear about this.

internet/phone was down yesterday so i couldn't post, sorry to have kept you all listless and waiting for so long.

The title is post-humorous.

This forum was a lot cooler when it was on an indie server.
both of these would have received a "like" if this were facebook.

now, onto other things.

i like Jay-Z quite a bit, i only have The Blueprint and The Black Album and i enjoy both immensely.

IWB - your post in the last thread, particularly "yeah it was a good show, but i wish they'd played more songs people actually know and not all that stuff no one's ever heard." fills me with so much rage i too want to fly to America and hit this woman square in the face.

yesterday, someone on facebook posted this: "Rhianna is a wanka who wouldn't even have a career if eminent didn't save her and now she won't let u buy love the way you lie pt ii on itunes unless u buy her whole shitty album coz she noes no1 will, but it well fuk u bitch!!" which just amazed me.

and i think that's all i have to say for the moment.

The phrase "freakin' weekend" is used on Rihanna's new album, so of course I had to listen to Ignition (Remix).

Fuckyeah, 2003 (AKA the year Lance's mom was fucked by 2003 people).

Going into Thom Yorke mode (prior to emergence of Thom Yorke) at 1:25. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom