Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
martha said:
Oh hon, I need to stop telling you what to do.

I didn't mean to come across as rude, more just frustrated, I definitely have no problem with you giving advice :)

iron yuppie said:
Not that my experience is emblematic of all grad schools, but I feel the need to caution you that grad school is not fun. I really think that people should take a long, hard look at their reasons for entering a grad program, because it is psychologically difficult and very strenuous economically. Just looking for a change of pace would not be a wise reason for beginning a grad program, I think - that's not to say that restlessness is your only motivation, but I have known people who go to grad school simply because they have nothing else to do, and it has not turned out well for them.

I'm restless because I want and need to go to grad school, I feel, and just can't figure out how to manage it, not because I have nothing better to do.

I hate Comcast. SO Much. But the 6K in tuition reimbursement is a big carrot to stay.

On the other hand, I can make $20 an hour working for the post office and I'm up for a position with them.

Decisions, decisions.

I keep hearing that the post office is going away, or they'd trim services due to lack of $. I don't know if that's something that "they" say every few years, or if there's actual weight behind it this time.

But I don't know that I'd be jumping at a chance to work there these days because of that.

Reggo perfectly fits the profile for workers who eventually go postal.

But I mean, I dunno, that might break it up for you if shit gets dull. A field trip out of your psyche.

Have they ever given a reason as to why they've never given it a punt live? I've always guessed it's because for it to really work, it likely needs a pretty decent input from Bono on guitar - or an all too obvious 'back up' - and thus, no dice. There's plenty of scope there for a re-imagining though.
In U2 by U2, Edge said it was too dark and "not what U2 fans come to a U2 show to see." Seriously.

bono_212 said:
Forgive me if, atm currently being laid off from my factory job yet again, it may feel like it. Though I realize if I went back down to Texas I could very possibly have a job today, I really, really regret moving.

Apparently bitching about it is the key. I kid you not they just called me back to work.

Is that the game where you throw rubber rings onto hooks?

I'm laying low, cos I've got $140 to last me two weeks. Luckily I still have an exorbitant amount of alcohol left from my 21st (but sadly no JB vouchers)

I thought I saw her the other day, there was a prostitute walking down one of Melbourne's busiest streets in broad daylight. Do you know if she comes overseas?

Reggo perfectly fits the profile for workers who eventually go postal.

But I mean, I dunno, that might break it up for you if shit gets dull. A field trip out of your psyche.
What evidence are you basing this opinion on, exactly?

Wait. Don't answer that.

I keep hearing that the post office is going away, or they'd trim services due to lack of $. I don't know if that's something that "they" say every few years, or if there's actual weight behind it this time.

But I don't know that I'd be jumping at a chance to work there these days because of that.
It's $20 an hour, plus it's not a call center. And I'm so sick of Comcast, I keep fantasizing about doing something completely batshit insane to get myself fired. Or maybe I need to stop watching Office Space.

martha said:
:hug:

We should meet if I ever get back to Indiana. We go to Bloomington, but Grandma's in Nashville now, so we'll go there, too. Which we usually do anyway.

Totally. Would be fun nerdy times. And Bloomington isn't too far away.

Bloomington? I was there just a couple of weeks ago, in my second ever trip to Indiana (the first to South Bend whilst I was traveling home from Chicago to Philly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom