Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ever been to a cottage once, and it had a restaurant in it. Fucking Indiana.

This sentence doesn't even make sense to me.
It's like saying you've been to a house once, and it had a restaurant in it. What the fuck, Indiana?

I spent a long weekend chilling on the shore of Lake Michigan in an awesome rental home, so please pardon me while I catch up ...

I like Pete Yorn's musicforthemorningafter. Inevitably, some of you will tell me how shitty it is or how lame it is to like it.....but does anyone else enjoy it, out of curiosity?

A guy I dated a few years ago was a huuuuugue Pete Yorn fan, and it was the one musical take-away I had from our very brief relationship. I also like the album he did with Scarlett Johanson.

I caught the rotten scent of that dude the first day he started posting here. There was just something off about him and his posting style. Vindicated is right.

And I'm sorry, the avatar definitely had something to do with it. Holy hell, that avatar.

So, I get that Mt Temple was being weird and plagiarismy ... did I miss something that he was a former banned member under a new name? Or was that someone else you were talking about? Or am I just completely confused?

I never make connections between mysterious new members and their previous usernames, and am always very curious as to who they are/were.

Whenever you catch a writer copying themselves, it's always fun, but when it's one of the most obvious song-writers ever, it's truly special.

It's like that dude who wrote Beyonce's Halo and Kelly Clarkson's Already Gone. Same damn song.

I like these new CDs: Head and the Heart, Cults, Paul McCartney, Lorde.

Like a cabin? Isn't a cottage just a small little wood thing?

I went to one in northeastern Indiana while traveling to cover a football game only because it was a restaurant near our hotel.

No, it was a big-ass house, some dude who lives in Chicago and has this home in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

And look, here it is! There were about umpteen-jillion TVs in the place (most bathrooms had them), a bunch of fireplaces, a jacuzzi tub, a hot tub .... it was swanky.

Kenosha Vacation Rental - VRBO 297875 - 5 BR Southeast House in WI, Spectacular Kenosha Lake Michigan Waterfront Retreat for 12

I scored a bedroom with a view, a fireplace, and a porch. Mornings were my favorite part, drinking coffee and reading, looking over the lake.

Ha, I was replying to Jive. Glad you had a good weekend though! Vacation mornings are indeed excellent. I've had similar experiences whilst waking down the shore looking out at the ocean.

Like a cabin? Isn't a cottage just a small little wood thing?

I went to one in northeastern Indiana while traveling to cover a football game only because it was a restaurant near our hotel.

Like this. People own them or rent them out. They're just like little weekend getaway houses on the lake in the forest

01.jpg

4804403841.jpg

My definition of a cottage is basically a two room bungalow near a beach or in the woods. Those are not it.

Like this. People own them or rent them out. They're just like little weekend getaway houses on the lake in the forest

01.jpg

4804403841.jpg
Oh. I have been to zero of these types of places. I vacation at monstrosities that are killing the charm of the Jersey shore. You know, like this:

SeaIsleCity5BedroomsSleeps14_1.jpg

My definition of a cottage is basically a two room bungalow near a beach or in the woods. Those are not it.

North of Toronto is the cottage capital of the world. Those are cottages

edit: I should add: Some of the monstrosities you can find north of Toronto in cottage country are not cottages, however

Why do they call cottage cheese cottage cheese?
I always imagine it's what regular cheese turns into when you forget it up at the cottage

They're very typical on the south Jersey shore. It's two houses, one on the left and one on the right. We usually have several families staying in it, hence the need for a big place. Renting one side on the beach block for a week runs about $3500 during peak summer vacation weeks.

They're very typical on the south Jersey shore. It's two houses, one on the left and one on the right. We usually have several families staying in it, hence the need for a big place. Renting one side on the beach block for a week runs about $3500 during peak summer vacation weeks.

I was only kidding. Mostly responding to your comment about it. It looks like a nice place. And really, it all depends on the location

Why do they call cottage cheese cottage cheese?
I always imagine it's what regular cheese turns into when you forget it up at the cottage

I would say more like what a bottle of milk turns into if you left it in your cottage.

Why do cottages cause stretch marks?

Sitting around the cottage too much is what leads to stretch marks.

Staying in a cottage in the woods with a few friends is one of the best things in life.

You fucked it up royally, and the thing is, I saw his original post and knew with 100% certainty that you'd materialize shortly to get to work.....and the results sucked ass. Well done.

What Peef posted, I'd refer to as a bread and breakfast.
I had a burger at 10 p.m. It was all very odd. I was also devoid of cognitive function after something like eight hours in the car studying shitty Big Ten football players, so it's tough for me to fully describe what was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom