Random Music Talk LXXXIX: This, That, and The Other Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I posted a while back about how I got hooked watching snooker one afternoon. Turned it on cos I was bored and ended up watching it for three hours.

I cannot figure out how watching any form of billiards is remotely entertaining.

I had an absolute cunt of a taxi driver today. The second I got in the cab he started ranting about how the government and taxi owners are using drivers. I'm always nice to cab drivers, always start conversations, always pay the full fare, and I'm certain drivers are getting exploited but this bloke, he was Eastern European, was over the top and I didn't give a fuck. He was ranting so passionately he wasn't even watching the road, he was leaning over and hitting me, and driving 20 km/h below the speed limit, increasing my fare. I ended up jumping out early because I couldn't handle his bullshit anymore.

No, since they're a hired driver you sit in the back, not next to them like they're your friend.

Although if you're out of cash I guess your setup makes a handy easier to perform.

Part of it is for the safety of the driver, from my understanding.

Right. Help prevent robberies.
Plus many in major cities have dividers ...

taxi.184.2.jpg

McCartney II is one of the most uneven albums I have ever heard. Some of these tracks are brilliant, whereas others are just horribly misguided. Right now he seems to be trying to lure someone into a boudoir photoshoot or something.

"Uneven" describes almost all of Macca's solo work.

I heard so many recommendations of Ram and when I heard it there were songs that made me want to punch someone hard.*

paul_mccartney_mullet_3.jpg

I like Ram quite a bit, but pitting it against Plastic Ono Band and All Things Must Pass as a go-to solo Beatles album makes it look less than stellar.

^ Yes. And new tour dates in Europe, which should mean new dates in this side of the Atlantic soon.

Exciting, Martha :)

Now Laz was joking around in the Arcade Fire thread, but would anyone be interested in a Bowie survivor? Starting from scratch, traditional format, I'd happily run it... Good time for it given the new album and we all love the man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom