Random Music Talk LXIX: Give it to Laz - He'll Eat Anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss told me yesterday that I had to go to the Miami Book Fair the weekend I'm going to Denver for Bruce. So I had to embellish the truth a little because while I could probably go to the damn fair AND see Springsteen, it would screw up my plans and cut it close, and I'm just not havin' it.

Do not mess with me and my Springsteen plans. Not. Havin'. It. :angry:

Joyfulgirl: Not havin' it since November 1st, 2012

That's right. :angry:

This aggresssion will not stand, Man. - YouTube

POWERJUICE!
Ian_fight_the_powerbig.jpg

Straight chillin' at Jezabels right now. Good shit. Thanks for the reco, Cobbs. They're leading off with that song about summer. Hot hot hot.

HOLY FUCK DUM DUM IN HALF AN HOUR.

Happy Funfunfunfest, you guys.

Think ima have to buy that Django Django album, so Beta Band-y. Loving what I've heard so far.

I was listening to Skinny Fists in preparation for Godspeed's gig next Wednesday and man, Antennas to Heaven... The moment almost six minutes in when that guitar riff comes in out of nowhere has to be one of the greatest moments in music. It's also impossible to predict when it will start.

It should be noted that, at one point, Bruce, after telling everyone seeing the E Street Band for the first time to cheer, put his fists up like he was boxing and shouted, "We're gonna fuck you up!" last night. He's the best.

They're leading off with that song about summer. Hot hot hot.

One of my favorite songs in a long time. Glad you're digging them.

Dum Dum Girls were great at Lolla, they played a new song (presumably from End of Daze, I don't remember now) that I really liked. Let me know if they're loading up the set with EoD shit now.

nielsgov said:
I was listening to Skinny Fists in preparation for Godspeed's gig next Wednesday and man, Antennas to Heaven... The moment almost six minutes in when that guitar riff comes in out of nowhere has to be one of the greatest moments in music. It's also impossible to predict when it will start.

Why bother? They're just going to wank on for 90 minutes and leave :grumpy:

u2popmofo said:
What songz did he play that u liked, Peeferz?
This is my third time seeing him, so I had already gotten most of the big ones you want to see like Jungleland, Thunder Road, etc. But I had never gotten Backstreets, my favorite, until last night. I let out a huge shout when that happened, perhaps only rivaled by my reaction to The National breaking out The Geese of Beverly Road in Philly.

He also played Sandy in a really classy way: A fan had a sign that read, "Never Forget: 4th of July, Asbury Park." He grabbed it, put it in front of the mic stand and said, "We're not letting the hurricane take this one away from us."

They normally close with Tenth, but they came back after it to play "A song we've never played." Bruce genuinely seemed to struggle with Garry to figure out what key it was in, and then out of nowhere they busted out with "Shout." This is a particularly great play at Penn State: It's the song the student section dances to coming out of halftime at football games. It blew the roof off the place.

During Dancin' in the Dark he grabbed a sign that said, "Ever Dance with a Penn State Girl?" and proceeded to bring up every college aged girl near the front row. Like 20-25 girls all up on stage.

He also has this stage in between the pit and the rest of the GA that he went up on about four times. I was right on the railing there and high fived him a few times as he made his way over there. Jake Clemons came out one time with him on Darlington County. Nils came out for another one.

He seemed tired early in the show, but the crowd was really into it and seemed to give him a boost. It wasn't even a full crowd (probably 1300 in a place that can fit 1600+), but it was a really good crowd. Great show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom