Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOOOUUU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You all need to let me know when The National is touring again. I regret seeing Neko Case instead of them when they were in town earlier this year.

I actually think they're done with the Trouble Will Find Me tour, so you're probably waiting for a new album on that front.

I figured that would be the case. :(

I caught Mistaken For Strangers on Showtime last week and really enjoyed it.

You all need to let me know when The National is touring again. I regret seeing Neko Case instead of them when they were in town earlier this year.

You blew it!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

I always feel like I'm skipping school whenever I take a day off work. I can't imagine what it feels like when the work you're skipping out on IS school.

I had never taken a sick day for either work or school in 30 years, until this year when I hurt my hand and needed surgery.

The thought of actually having to take the sick days (I was off for four days in total), ironically made me sick to my stomach. I was upset that my streak had been broken.

Thank god for jobs with paid sick days. And for workplaces where they would rather you stay home, rather than come in and potentially get everyone else sick, too.

Hmmmm? Pray tell, what Kesha/Dr Luke thing?

Well, the short version:

In late 2012, Kesha began to insinuate that she couldn't release any of the music she wanted because Dr. Luke was stifling her, creatively, so she continued to churn out pop hits. Her subsequent album was a shadow of what she had wanted to make.

In 2013, fans created a petition to get her released from her incredibly ridiculous contract with Dr. Luke that she signed when she was, I believe, a minor, but maybe she had just turned 18.

In early 2014, Kesha entered rehab for an eating disorder. Her mother (and I believe Kesha, herself) blamed Dr. Luke and his emotional abuse for the eating disorder, stating that he called her fat on several occasions.

Today, Kesha is suing Dr. Luke for Sexual, Emotional, Verbal and physical abuse:
Kesha Sues Producer Dr. Luke for Sexual Assault and Battery | Rolling Stone

DUDE.

Wow.

I felt a lot of empathy for her when she went into the clinic. I hope she continues to do well. Good for her.

I definitely thought of Dr. Dre whenever I heard his name, so when I saw his picture for the first time, today, I was also surprised.

Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON Y...

Thank god for jobs with paid sick days. And for workplaces where they would rather you stay home, rather than come in and potentially get everyone else sick, too.

9.5 hours of personal/sick time every two weeks. I'm used to people coughing on me, so when I don't get sick, I get lots of time to just not go into work and get paid for it. :up:

Although I suppose who cares if I'm sick when I go into work, everyone else is too...

Sharon Van Etten was great, and her between-song "banter" (for lack of a better word) was as genuine and funny and endearing as I've heard in a long time. She's awesome. I also snagged a setlist and gave it to my lady friend and we got Sharon herself to sign it and she went wild...editing it and drawing on it and making all sorts of notes. Very cool.

I'm going to buy the physical deluxe edition of Songs Of Innocence tomorrow, if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom