Ramdooom-a-llama-ding-don

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent $25.00 on ingredients tonight to make 1 kind of cookie. :eek: This is going to be one expensive thing if I want to practice at home on the weekends. I made Almond Macaroons tonight. I'm not sure if they turned out. They are kind of eggy tasting. I don't think I used the right amount of egg whites. :( I would have made another batch but I ran out of powdered sugar. :scream: I'll make more tomorrow night.

I really need to find a job in a bakery so I can spend more time in a professional kitchen.

kellyahern said:

Sorry Schmeg :reject:
It's okay; he's got that whole working-for-an-airline thing going for him. if they won tonight I was going to buy HIS ticket (spin those tables!) because I'll be basically dragging him to the Eastern Sychronized Skating Championships for the day. If they lose next week (Go Pats or Chargers!!), he'll buy a ticket on the airline I'm flying, and if they win THAT one, he might non-rev in after he sends the Colts off.

It was weird rooting against the Colts again. :lol:

Sorry your pick didn't win. :(

arw9797 said:
I spent $25.00 on ingredients tonight to make 1 kind of cookie. :eek: This is going to be one expensive thing if I want to practice at home on the weekends. I made Almond Macaroons tonight. I'm not sure if they turned out. They are kind of eggy tasting. I don't think I used the right amount of egg whites. :( I would have made another batch but I ran out of powdered sugar. :scream: I'll make more tomorrow night.

I really need to find a job in a bakery so I can spend more time in a professional kitchen.
Maybe your family will pitch in for the ingredients if they know they'll be showered in desserts for awhile!

I made cookies today, too- Trader Joe's chocolate chunk cookie dough. Out of my freezer, into the oven, and into our bellies for a healthy dinner! :drool:

I am BORED. There's nothing on TV and I've been lying on the couch since the Colts game started anyway...I finished my book and in the two shelves of books I can't find anything that appeals to me right now...roomie is at work making sure the Colts get off the plane all right...Maybe I should just go to bed.

Schmeg said:

Maybe your family will pitch in for the ingredients if they know they'll be showered in desserts for awhile!

I made cookies today, too- Trader Joe's chocolate chunk cookie dough. Out of my freezer, into the oven, and into our bellies for a healthy dinner! :drool:

I can use any of the normal baking stuff in the house. If I use stuff up my mom said they will replace it. The problem is everything I need is stuff I never even knew existed before. Tonight I had to buy almond meal. That stuff is almost $15.00 on it's own! :crack: That will get about 4 batches of what I need to make. Also...I have been banned from bringing anything into the kitchen and leaving it! I have to bring it all to work. My parents jsut want to see what I've made but not eat it. My mom is worried everyone is going to gain weight. :huh:

I haven't been to Trader Joe's since the weather got cold. It's by the lake. I don't even think about going to that shopping area now that I can't walk. :(

I've noticed in the last week I have made several spelling and random typo's that I normally wouldn't make. I guess I better get used to it. I'm too tired to care that I have spelled raspberry as rapsberry all over the damn internet. :(

On another note......the story of Heavy Metal is on VH1 right now. I guess sleeping might be out of the question for a little while. This is the best bedtime story ever. :love: :kiss:

You can send any extra goodies this way! :D

(Although I think I might have to fight fah for extra goodies...)

SNL is on and the Colts getting off the plane might make the news. I think it's back to the couch and tv for me to see if I can spot my roomie ducking the cameras. :giggle:

Gene Simmons is doing his blood spitting act right now. :cute: That was always my favorite..........:heart:

:reject: :der: That band will never leave my system no matter how hard I try. :rockon:

Schmeg said:
You can send any extra goodies this way! :D

(Although I think I might have to fight fah for extra goodies...)

I will be more than happy to provide the bakery and shipping supplies to anyone that wants to pay for overnight service on baked goods! :D I don't think the stuff would last a 3-4 or more day trip through the mail. :no:

I already have tons of stuff after two days of baking. I can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen after a week of baking. :yikes:

arw9797 said:
I'm not sure if they turned out. They are kind of eggy tasting. I don't think I used the right amount of egg whites.

:hmm:

Were the egg whites at room temperature???

Sometimes that makes a difference :shrug:

Good luck :up:

And...I don't need to fight Schmeg for goodies ~ I am willing to share :hug:

Schmeg said:

It's okay; he's got that whole working-for-an-airline thing going for him. if they won tonight I was going to buy HIS ticket (spin those tables!) because I'll be basically dragging him to the Eastern Sychronized Skating Championships for the day. If they lose next week (Go Pats or Chargers!!), he'll buy a ticket on the airline I'm flying, and if they win THAT one, he might non-rev in after he sends the Colts off.

It was weird rooting against the Colts again. :lol:

Sorry your pick didn't win. :(

1 out of 2 ain't bad :lol:

So does roomie have to work at the airport anytime anyone "important" comes in, or does he want to work at that time just to see the Colts? :)

fah said:

:hmm:

Were the egg whites at room temperature???

Sometimes that makes a difference :shrug:

Good luck :up:

And...I don't need to fight Schmeg for goodies ~ I am willing to share :hug:

The warmer the egg whites are, the better they will separate and whip up....at least accoring to my Chef. We put them in a bowl of hot water as the first step. Then while we mix and sift the almond meal and powdered sugar, the eggs will warm up. Once we are done with the almonds and sugar, the eggs should be ready. We have to separate the eggs in our hands by letting the whites fall into a bowl and only the yolk remaining in the hand. It's easier to do this if the eggs are warm.

arw9797 said:

The warmer the egg whites are, the better they will separate and whip up....at least accoring to my Chef. We put them in a bowl of hot water as the first step. Then while we mix and sift the almond meal and powdered sugar, the eggs will warm up. Once we are done with the almonds and sugar, the eggs should be ready. We have to separate the eggs in our hands by letting the whites fall into a bowl and only the yolk remaining in the hand. It's easier to do this if the eggs are warm.

That's how I separate eggs too :up: I have an egg separator but I've never used it. :wink:

It took a little over an hour for this weather thing coming here to get bumped up to a Winter Storm Warning :happy:
3-5 inches over night with strong winds changing over to sleet and freezing rain with some additional snow 1-2 inches tomorrow :happy:
I love the "you may lose electricity warnings"............we have inventory tomorrow morning! :crack: sounds like a looooovely day. *sneer*

kellyahern said:

1 out of 2 ain't bad :lol:

So does roomie have to work at the airport anytime anyone "important" comes in, or does he want to work at that time just to see the Colts? :)
A little bit of both...he volunteered to do the Colts flights because it's cool. Their flight was delayed due to interviews last night, and apparently he was all over the news this morning opening the aircraft door. :giggle:

Concerning the vest ~ The reflector tape really sets it off :drool:
Mike ~ my weather misery loves your company :wink:

my whole family is drunk right now

:heart:Captain Safety Vest:heart:

Thanks Shari, that's awesome!!! :hyper:

:dance: ALL RIGHT PATS!!!!!!!! :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom