Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot you're going to see them this week! Feel free to call me and leave a message:flirt:

:flirt:

Co-worker is sending me her pics from Petra :drool:. I have always wanted to see Petra in person. It is in the *hopefully someday* file

Shuttle launch tonight :nerd:

Watched launch :drool:

uncle should be out of the hospital tomorrow. To be honest I wasn't really all that concerned about him. It sounded like he was dehydrated and nothing more. If it would have just been him in the hospital yesterday I wouldn't have even mentioned it but the fact that my uncle and grandpa went in on the same day is a little nutty.

Grandpa....not getting clear answers. My mom says one thing my dad says another. My dad tends to not pay attention to whats going on though but this is my mom's father that's sick so she's probably not thinking clearly either. Enter my brother....he has a slightly different story and thinks I should stay put where I am right now. My sister is going to go since she's not working. But I can't go unless it's an emergency. It's weird but I kind of said goodbye to my grandpa when I brought him lunch in Dec. I had a feeling that might just be the last time I saw him. I'd love for it to not be true but I hate to see a 94 year old man suffer anymore than he has to. I was planning a long weekend home at the end of May so I can soak in some lilacs and Lake Calhoun for a few days. I really hope I'll be able to bring my grandpa lunch in 2 months....

Glad to hear that your Uncle will be coming home and that your grandpa will be ok. It's frustrating when you don't get the full story about something like that.

my supervisor approved for me to work 11-8 tomorrow so we can go out since she's off! :hyper: I'm just nervous that the morning supervisor, who is a level above her and technically in charge without an actual boss now, will question this. She emailed him saying with my sister out of town, I have to take care of an appointment for her early Wed am. Since we usually get out after midnight we thought that would be a good excuse. I just don't want him to badger me and thinks it's because it's St patty's day and I'm going out. I really only know my sister and her boyfriend and since they're gone, I don't think he'll bother me too much. But....this was my supervisors idea. I really need a night out. I've been so tired and worn out over work lately. I'm grateful for the job and the unlimited OT but at the same time it's really tough when we're barely getting the basics done each day for the next day's events. We used to work days ahead and now we're lucky if things are done for a party that's going on later that night or early the next morning. It's stressful and I don't feel like we have the luxury to take our time to make things look 5 star quality like we used to. Now we just throw stuff together and hope it looks nice. :( I hate that. I feel like work is so unorganized without my boss. I still can't believe he's gone and not coming back. Between all of that and then my grandpa, sister being gone, nervous animals all around me, I need a drink! :scream:

Uncle is out of the hospital and he and my aunt are going to FL later this week. :shrug: Must be feeling a-ok if he's traveling. Grandpa had some sort of infection that they're still treating. He's still in the hospital. I hate not being able to visit him. Yesterday he asked my sister why I didn't go with her and then he mumbled that someone has to make the pies so it's good I stayed behind. He's pretty drugged up and has his eyes closed a lot. He goes in and out of reality. I guess he was pretty out of it and wasn't making any sense but then he remembered what I do for a job so it was a pretty random comment from him.

my supervisor approved for me to work 11-8 tomorrow so we can go out since she's off! :hyper: I'm just nervous that the morning supervisor, who is a level above her and technically in charge without an actual boss now, will question this. She emailed him saying with my sister out of town, I have to take care of an appointment for her early Wed am. Since we usually get out after midnight we thought that would be a good excuse. I just don't want him to badger me and thinks it's because it's St patty's day and I'm going out. I really only know my sister and her boyfriend and since they're gone, I don't think he'll bother me too much. But....this was my supervisors idea. I really need a night out. I've been so tired and worn out over work lately. I'm grateful for the job and the unlimited OT but at the same time it's really tough when we're barely getting the basics done each day for the next day's events. We used to work days ahead and now we're lucky if things are done for a party that's going on later that night or early the next morning. It's stressful and I don't feel like we have the luxury to take our time to make things look 5 star quality like we used to. Now we just throw stuff together and hope it looks nice. :( I hate that. I feel like work is so unorganized without my boss. I still can't believe he's gone and not coming back. Between all of that and then my grandpa, sister being gone, nervous animals all around me, I need a drink! :scream:

Uncle is out of the hospital and he and my aunt are going to FL later this week. :shrug: Must be feeling a-ok if he's traveling. Grandpa had some sort of infection that they're still treating. He's still in the hospital. I hate not being able to visit him. Yesterday he asked my sister why I didn't go with her and then he mumbled that someone has to make the pies so it's good I stayed behind. He's pretty drugged up and has his eyes closed a lot. He goes in and out of reality. I guess he was pretty out of it and wasn't making any sense but then he remembered what I do for a job so it was a pretty random comment from him.

Sounds like a good idea to *escape* from reality for a bit. Have a good time!!!!

What a difference a year makes.
2008 ~ cloudy, cold, windy, ice cold rain and seeing Bruce/E Street. Gotta go listen to American Land
2009 ~ Sunny, currently 63 going up to 71 and seeing Gaelic Storm

The main St. Patty's Day parade was Saturday, today there is a smaller parade.............there is a huge crowd they just said. Well duh, it is sunny and near 70. It is gonna be busy downtown tonight.

Good morning Randooomers :wave:

Hi LMPA, Shari, arw & Kelly :wave:

It's St Patricks Day and what am I doing...

Our kitchen sink drain clogged last night...Mr Roto Rooter is just leaving...and leaving us with an almost $400 bill :sad:

Feeling a wee bit relieved that I did not buy Coldplay tix :hmm:

Tonight we are going out to celebrate 4 birthdays: 2 mini fahs (turned 13 and 11 last month), 1 sister in law and my Dad who will be 84 on Saturday.

Just got a *tweet* from ThrillHillBruce wishing me a Happy St. Patty's Day and he will see me further on up the road.........I bet he says that to everyone :shifty:
yes I am signed up at Twitter :reject: ~ for Bruce and the Air Show updates

fah~
Sorry about the visit from Mr. Rooter. Those are never fun.
Have fun partying!

Happy birthday to Shari from Tight-Fisted O'Donaghue!

WelshDragon-1.jpg

*slurp* ahhhhh the drink looks yummy!
Thanks gang :) :hug:

I am a pretty low key person when it comes to my birthday........this morning at the meeting the HR mngr saw me and wished me a happy birthday and that led to other people hearing him and that led to one of the gals saying they should sing which led to everyone singing Happy Birthday :crack: I was slinking into the handbag dept to hide behind a fixture. It was appreciated yet :crack:..........
I am not good at attention being directly directed at me :reject: and lately too much has beend directed towards me.

Watching Larry King and his panel talk about Natasha Richardson. Still speechless about that situation. Something so seemingly *small* as a fall, a tumble and that lead to her death :( They are showing pictures of her and Liam and they seemed so absolutely in love.

Dr. appt. tomorrow. Fun.

Watching Larry King and his panel talk about Natasha Richardson. Still speechless about that situation. Something so seemingly *small* as a fall, a tumble and that lead to her death :( They are showing pictures of her and Liam and they seemed so absolutely in love..

I feel horrible about this. I think part of it is what you said, how something so seemingly minor can have such an awful result. I'm sure there are many people who have had worse falls or hit their head much harder than she did, and walked away fine or with a concussion.

:(

Gaelic Storm :heart:

thanks for the calls! I couldn't tell what songs they were but I could tell it was them! :yes: My coworker kept asking me why I didn't want to check my voicemails. I said I knew what the call was about so there was no need to check it until I got home. I didn't want to tell her that we call each other from concerts. They all think I'm nuttier than a fruitcake anyways. I always get asked...."is that a Minnesota thing?" when I say or do something "strange" :reject: So I try to avoid those weird situations now. But...I have started asking them about the weirdness of AZ and asking them if it's an "arizona thing." They don't like that. :tsk:

Anyways.....thanks again! Love that band! :D

:der: I have been asking all week if I could work tomorrow instead of having it off. I didn't want 2 days off in a row while my sister is gone. I can't stand not having anyone to talk to all night. So they've said no, maybe, probably not when I asked. It's busy tomorrow, my day off, and dead on Sat so why not let me switch? :angry:
I just got a text from one of the supervisors saying "schedule change....you need to work friday and take sat off..." Like it was their idea or something. :der: :der: :der: That's what I wanted! I "need" to work on Friday. Thanks for the great idea. They are so weird

alrighty bills paid *poor now* and now it's off to my little shopping area to get some yummy food for dinner and hopefully a few U2 related magazines....and unfortunately some with Natasha Richardson on the cover. Looks like People already has her on the cover. :sigh: Amazing how they can do that so fast.

thanks for the calls! I couldn't tell what songs they were but I could tell it was them! :yes: My coworker kept asking me why I didn't want to check my voicemails. I said I knew what the call was about so there was no need to check it until I got home. I didn't want to tell her that we call each other from concerts. They all think I'm nuttier than a fruitcake anyways. I always get asked...."is that a Minnesota thing?" when I say or do something "strange" :reject: So I try to avoid those weird situations now. But...I have started asking them about the weirdness of AZ and asking them if it's an "arizona thing." They don't like that. :tsk:

Anyways.....thanks again! Love that band! :D
They are great fun :yes: I think one of them was Darcy's Donkey. I don't remember the other :reject: The show was different from last year in that they were in a *Irish Fest* mood. Party!!!!!!!
For a change Peter seemed a little out of sorts. Ryan ~ WOW! He had a drumming solo that he led the audience in............we clapped as he drummed.......softly, loudly, slowly, quickly.......it was really quite awesome.
Twigger and Patrick always are :up:
Twigger asked if anyone was at the Irish Pubs at 6 am when they opened and quite a few people cheered. Twigger laughed and said that was when they were just leaving them. They seem to have come early and were staying longer to enjoy the celebrations.
Patrick came out after intermission and read off a sheet of paper, something like, "(insert name here) is , er 3? and can't be here tonight so we are saying hi". Twigger looked puzzled and looked over Pat's shoulder and whispered something to him and Patrick smiled and said, "oh, that makes more sense.......the person it ill, not 3".
The comedy stylings of Twigger and Patrick.
I found these pics online:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2013210&id=133700373&l=59e5dee2a4

alrighty bills paid *poor now* and now it's off to my little shopping area to get some yummy food for dinner and hopefully a few U2 related magazines....and unfortunately some with Natasha Richardson on the cover. Looks like People already has her on the cover. :sigh: Amazing how they can do that so fast.
Natasha will also be on Entertainment Weekly come Friday.
Still so unbelievable :(

ok long day.........if your gonna get a migraine it is good to get it on a day you have a Dr. visit. He got to see me in all my migraine glory. It is finally edging off. I am tired and should go lay down.
Bruce is on John Stewart tonight :hyper: (oooo, that move hurts my head, but it is a accurate smiley for what I am feeling ~BRUUUUUUUUUCE!)

I thought I lost my computer this morning.....it did all sorts of odd stuff as I logged off. It came back tonight when I turned it on so *whew*

Twigger and Patrick :heart:

OK the People mag with Natasha is a waste of money. It appears to have been written on Tuesday because it's only a 2 page article and no mention of what, unfortunately, happened on Wednesday.

Migraine :(

:ohmy: I'll have to try to find John Stewart tonight. I'll probably forget :reject:

My comp in MN scares me at this point. My sister has the new U2 cd and my ipod to upload the album on itunes and then the 'pod. I told her to be very patient. Probably a good idea to turn it on and then come back in an hour. :sigh: Getting itunes to open is easy once the computer has been on for a bit. But the internet is another story :tsk: I wish I could get a new one. So I guess I should be happy there's laptops at both houses I live in to use. They're just not mine so I can't put any of my stuff on them....like itunes :( Good to hear yours came back on. I'm sure that's not in your plan to get a new one anytime soon either.

:der: I have been asking all week if I could work tomorrow instead of having it off. I didn't want 2 days off in a row while my sister is gone. I can't stand not having anyone to talk to all night. So they've said no, maybe, probably not when I asked. It's busy tomorrow, my day off, and dead on Sat so why not let me switch? :angry:
I just got a text from one of the supervisors saying "schedule change....you need to work friday and take sat off..." Like it was their idea or something. :der: :der: :der: That's what I wanted! I "need" to work on Friday. Thanks for the great idea. They are so weird

:crack: I was annoyed over this so I didn't respond to her right away....so she called me when I was out shopping asking me if I got her text about tomorrow! :crazy: :coocoo: Since this was my idea to begin with what did they think I'd say? :der:

sister called........tues or weds is when she'll be back. It's already been a very long week for me, Roxy, and Lily. So we're at the 1/2 way mark. I don't like her being gone so long because of the animals. They're both so sad to be out of their routine. The dog never pays any attention to me and now she follows me from room to room. Poor little Lil is just curled up in a depressed ball right now. It's actually adorable and I really just want to go over to her and squeeze her but it's sad at the same time. :(

I ran out to toothpaste today. Target was out of my usual :angry: so I had to buy something else. I really think it should be required on all boxes to say whether or not it's paste or gel. The little picture of the paste doesn't help because I've been fooled before and ended up buying gel, not paste. I personally think that toothgel is completely disgusting. It should be marked GEL on the box not paste. I swear I spent 20 minutes in the toothpaste isle trying to find everything that met my requirements in paste form. :| :der:

this dog would not do well in Minnesota :tsk: It's rarely anything but sunny, hot, and calm in the air here in Arizona. It's a little windy tonight so she's barking at everything. Stop it dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom